Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / New here and need some help.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I first want to say I'm sorry for posting this but I can't seem to find my way around this forum. I was wanting to know if someone could tell me where I could a good tutorial using agk. Also I have a few question if someone could answer them for me. I know that you can use C++ in agk and just looking at some sample codes of C++ on the internet it looks a lot like java. I have tons of experience programming robots in java, but never made a game. So my questions are would I be better starting off in tier 1 or tier 2? And is there a good 101 agk tutorials, or should I just study the examples that came with agk and figure it out myself?
Hodgey
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Sep 2012 01:23
Quote: " I know that you can use C++ in agk and just looking at some sample codes of C++ on the internet it looks a lot like java. I have tons of experience programming robots in java, but never made a game. "

C++ is very similar to Java but it does require a bit more of the programmer e.g Memory Management and explicit pointers. The OOP is a bit different as well. That being said, if you have a lot of experience with Java then you should be able to make the jump to C++ without too many problems.

Quote: "So my questions are would I be better starting off in tier 1 or tier 2?"

To learn the workings of AppGameKit, Tier 1 is probably best but whatever is done in T1 can be imitated easily in T2 however. I believe the trial grants access to both T1 and T2 for windows so you can simply try them both out and decide which you prefer.

Finally, welcome to the forums!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-04 11:32:05
Your offset time is: 2024-05-04 11:32:05