Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / Question about music

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
For some reason sound wont play on my computer but it will play on other devices. I checked my mute button on my computer so it's not that, and I can play songs off of my itunes so it's not my computer's speakers. I also checked the name of my music file and it's named correctly. Here is my music class

and here is where I call it

Also would like to point out that it is in a media folder.
Hodgey
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Sep 2012 08:28
Do you have a do-sync-loop after it? e.g

Mobiius
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Sep 2012 19:25 Edited at: 27th Sep 2012 19:27
For single commands like that, why use a gosub at all? Why not simply:

Less lines of code, less hassle.

As for your problem, try updating your directx, check the windows volume for all mixers, update sound drivers(?)

I live for video games! (And beers, and football, and cars!)
See what I live for here: [url]http:\\www.TeamDefiant.co.uk[/url]
ChoppingLemons
Years of Service
User Offline
I doing it that my because I'm going to make my program more complex and play different music when something is clicked. But I just wanted to make a very basic program to call music from a sub class and then back to the main. Just to get the hang of agk before starting anything complex.
Mobiius
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Sep 2012 14:52
I'm just a hater of GOSUB is all. lol I prefer my variables to be local, and not shared throughout the whole program. (Plus I think GOSUBS are harder to read and more complex to debug but that's just me.

I live for video games! (And beers, and football, and cars!)
See what I live for here: [url]http:\\www.TeamDefiant.co.uk[/url]
ChoppingLemons
Years of Service
User Offline
Well my idea was to have mulitple levels in the game and each level play differnet background music. So how would you go about that? Because I am open to ideas about anything really, because I have never made a game and would love some help about anything really.
Ancient Lady
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Sep 2012 18:04
Use an array of UDTs (User Defined Types) to define things about your levels (can be loaded from a file) such as the music to play. Then have a function that takes an index into the array and does things appropriate to the start of each level. This is a simple description of a fairly powerful idea.

Cheers,
Ancient Lady
AGK Community Tester

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-04 15:50:59
Your offset time is: 2024-05-04 15:50:59