Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / Can you change the text colour?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Oct 2012 02:49
I feel a bit silly asking this, but I don't seem to be able to find the AppGameKit Tier 1 equivalent of DBP's Ink command.

I'm experimenting with Multiplayer at the minute, having a simple host/client program which only displays text printed onto the screen with the Print command.

I'd like to display messages from different clients in different colours; but this seemingly quick and easy mod has stumped me.

Am I missing something obvious? I have checked the help files and the forum but to no avail.

Thanks in advance.

Hodgey
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Oct 2012 03:50
This might be what you're looking for: SetPrintColor.

xCept
Years of Service
User Offline
For much more control, consider using Text objects where you can customize the color of individual characters as well as full strings (using SetTextColor and SetTextCharColor).
=PRoF=
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Oct 2012 09:43
Thanks guys. It looks like I'll have to replace all the print statements in order to achieve what I want.

Ancient Lady
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Oct 2012 16:27
Print statements need to be repeated every sync cycle to stay on the screen and there is no real way to control where they appear.

This makes using the text commands much better for actual game play. You can control them fairly well.

Cheers,
Ancient Lady
AGK Community Tester

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-04 15:04:58
Your offset time is: 2024-05-04 15:04:58