Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / Templates/Interpreter Projects - Discussion

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Oct 2012 10:29
There has been a fragmented discussion about the templates/interpreter projects for some time now and so I think it's time that it found a home. Use this thread to discuss the issues you're currently having with the template/interpreter projects.

Cheers

bjadams
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
from my experience i can say that all agk updates have come with broken or un-updated templates!

i can understand that making templates is boring for the developers.

the guide to do your own templates is a good idea, however the interpreter project template has missing files and cannot be compiled right now.

we need to wait for v108 beta2
baxslash
Valued Member
Bronze Codemaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Oct 2012 15:54
Quote: "i can understand that making templates is boring for the developers."

I would quite happily supply these in my own time if I knew a little (lot) more C++. I see this as a very frustrating issue for Tier 2 developers. Unfortunately the only developers at TGC who could make them are ridiculously busy with other far more important areas of development.

I think it's a shame and unfair for people assume these guys are being lazy or don't care about you, TGC have always had a lot of respect for their community and have always tried very hard to meet their needs and requests.

It's a case of a lack of resources rather than a lack of commitment.

this.mess = abs(sin(times#))
xGEKKOx
AGK Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Oct 2012 16:33
- iOS / MAC only

Well, i have mixed perfectly all the templates and ones suggested from other user (Ancient Lady) and maybe i can post clean files next days cause i'm going to start another project.
My templates include :
- #import sequence
- Sharing UntitledViewController in all files
- Sharing the delegate in all files
- Orientation (by Ancient Lady mixed with mine)
and some others i don't remember now.

If you want i can post it in a zip file.

Long life to Steve!
bjadams
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Gekko, let's get the gamecenter guide working 100% perfect!!!
bjadams
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Baxslash, with the new Make Your Own template guide, it should be no big deal now.

However that guide needs some more fleshing out, especially the very last part is way too cryptic
baxslash
Valued Member
Bronze Codemaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Oct 2012 17:26
Quote: "Baxslash, with the new Make Your Own template guide, it should be no big deal now."

Ok, that's good news.

Quote: "However that guide needs some more fleshing out, especially the very last part is way too cryptic"

How about you make the suggestion on the bug board?

Ancient Lady
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Oct 2012 18:09
Quote: "However that guide needs some more fleshing out, especially the very last part is way too cryptic"

True, plus it the CoreForApp.h file shown is basically for Windows. It shows only PostQuitMessage(0) cal in AppForceExit. The full text should look like this:

Quote: "
The platform specific "Core.cpp" (or equiviant) should be traversed to remove any dependencies on any of the above files including reliance on such members as windowtitle, devicewidth, deviceheight, fullscreen and resolution mode."

This statement is as clear as mud. And not quite right. Removing the include for CoreForeApp.h from Core.cpp and Core.m (Windows/iOS) cause compile failures.

The template guide started well and then petered out.

When the next v108 comes out that actually allows us to compile something not Tier 1, then I'll work on making some good templates and post them.

Cheers,
Ancient Lady
AGK Community Tester
bjadams
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Baxslash, Lee said that the guide is only a preview and that he needs to expand it so eventually it will be done.

As soon as they release Beta2 with all the necessary libs and h files I will test it out, and maybe fill in some more details myself, and post here
bjadams
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "This statement is as clear as mud. And not quite right. Removing the include for CoreForeApp.h from Core.cpp and Core.m (Windows/iOS) cause compile failures.
"

this is exactly what i pointed out before.

they need to post more info on this last bit. the rest is understandable enough for now
xGEKKOx
AGK Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Oct 2012 05:07 Edited at: 10th Oct 2012 05:10
I about to complete the iOS Gekko Template...
i will post it in some minutes.

It will include :
- Game Center LeaderBoard
- HUD Indicator
- Shared iphoneAppDelegate to delegate everywhere

All in english, i translated from my italian ehehe.

And yes i wanna do a gift to all my AppGameKit friends:
- iAD support

Long life to Steve!
xGEKKOx
AGK Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Oct 2012 05:57 Edited at: 10th Oct 2012 06:06
Gekko Template for AppGameKit posted in iOS category with ZIP file.

Long life to Steve!
bjadams
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Been trying to compile the Windows Interpreter for the past hours but failed miserably.

First of all this project file is for VS2008. There is no VS2010 project file.

I am getting around 120 Linker erros related to Admob and Facebook

I have not yet started to clean up the project!!!!

I am just trying to compile the Interpreter AS IS!!!

Anyone had any luck?
Ancient Lady
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Oct 2012 21:19 Edited at: 11th Oct 2012 22:27
I haven't worked on the Windows one, yet. I just finished the Xcode 4.5 iOS template.

I'm going to create a new thread with the results on that.

EDIT: This is the thread where I posted a working Xcode template.

Cheers,
Ancient Lady
AGK Community Tester
nja
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Unfortunately the only developers at TGC who could make them are ridiculously busy with other far more important areas of development."

Templates are an important part of every new release and should be updated every time no questions asked. It really seems to me that TGC is pushing off it's QC department to the users of the product.

I'm not saying I don't like AppGameKit, but it really needs to be QC'd better before a new release is put out.
bjadams
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
if they do ANY qc then we will most probably only get 1 update per year!
basjak
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Oct 2012 22:56
Am good with templates. I was thinking of throwing class string and vector for non visual studio users. If anyone interested I can make and put them in a thread.

baxslash
Valued Member
Bronze Codemaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Oct 2012 10:52
Quote: "I'm not saying I don't like AppGameKit, but it really needs to be QC'd better before a new release is put out."

We are trying but also remember this is a Beta, not a release. We are slammed for not releasing regular updates and when we start we are slammed for releasing incomplete updates.

You can't please everyone, but we ARE trying

bjadams
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
betas are usually updates that the programmer/team have checked himself and work, but need extensive testing.

No one checked the Windows Interpreter. It doesn't even compile as is! How can I create a T2 template from something that does not compile?!!

This is what I was referring to in other threads: T1 users are given preference, and T2 users are left on their own.

To TGC's defence I the new attitude that Lee and other team members are more present on the forums and answer questions.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-02 19:49:13
Your offset time is: 2024-05-02 19:49:13