Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / Is there anyone who can understand the template guide?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Oct 2012 11:39
I download the version 108 and want to make a template as the guide, but I don't know how should I do. do I need create a new project? a empty project ? or a openGL project?

The Miracrea Games
Hodgey
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Oct 2012 11:49
There's a small guide where the templates used to be. In a nutshell, you convert the corresponding interpreter project into your desired template. This mainly involves deleting unnecessary code and setting up the begin, loop and end functions.

halley
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Oct 2012 11:51
Is there a difference between interpreter project and template project? I thought I can create a new project.

The Miracrea Games
Hodgey
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Oct 2012 12:25 Edited at: 10th Oct 2012 12:25
Quote: "Is there a difference between interpreter project and template project?"

The interpreters are designed to run the bytecode generated by AppGameKit BASIC and so the interpreter.cpp is hundreds of lines long. When stripping it to a template, you can delete all of it except the first few lines which include the interpreter.h and set the name space. Then you just type in the app::begin(), loop() and end() functions. You'll also need to modify the interpreter.h to suit this. I was able to strip the 1076 interpreters doing this (and making a few other modifications).

I'm wondering if it would be easier to take the core.cpp (.m) from the interpreter projects and replace the core.cpp in the templates projects. Might hit a few hurdles though.

If I find the time and there's enough demand, I might make a video showing how to strip the interpreters once we get the necessary headers and sdks.

halley
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Oct 2012 12:26
then can I use the 107 template? I think it is enough to use. Do you think so?

The Miracrea Games
Hodgey
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Oct 2012 12:34 Edited at: 10th Oct 2012 12:48
Quote: "then can I use the 107 template? I think it is enough to use. Do you think so?"

Maybe, but there could be some underlying bugs in the templates. The interpreters are kept up to date while the templates aren't which is why they've been dropped in V108. The choice is up to you though. If you're happy using the templates then feel free to use them. Someone will probably upload a stripped interpreter project sooner or later.

Edit- I should mention that the interpreter projects are more likely to support the latest operating systems.

bjadams
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
107 template does not work with 108
bjadams
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
the guide is ok, it's just the last part that is clueless.

so if tgc can expand on how we need to clean core.cpp we are all set

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-03 01:16:32
Your offset time is: 2024-05-03 01:16:32