Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / where are my 3D commands?? :(

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Oct 2012 12:10
Hi again,
I downloaded the V107 trial version.
I notice in this version aren't available the 3D commands. I am right?

So, Is there a trial V108 version available for download?

Thanks!
Van B
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Oct 2012 12:14
Not yet, the 3D commands have just been added to the lates beta, so it might take a little while before they make it to the demo version. The 3D commands are part of the freedom engine though, if you want to see what they are about.

I got a fever, and the only prescription, is more memes.
Hodgey
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Oct 2012 12:16 Edited at: 12th Oct 2012 12:17
Quote: "So, Is there a trial V108 version available for download?"

V108 is in a beta stage and the link is only available from the "My Products" section, if you have purchased AGK. So there is no V108 for the trial.

If you're itching to get into some 3D action (as we all are ) then you can play around with Freedom Engine. It's a little bit behind AppGameKit in terms of development but there are some 3D commands available and it uses the AppGameKit BASIC language. I wrote a 3D breakout game in it (with a free account as well).

Edit- ninja'd by Van B

Alduce
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Oct 2012 12:17
mmm "the 3D commands are part of the freedom engine"

I don't understand, maybe I can download some plugin or something other that allows me to use 3D commands with my V107 version?

So, what is the "freedom engine" exactly?
Alduce
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Oct 2012 12:19
Ahhh okok... so there is another language "freedom engine", a little bit behind AppGameKit but very similar in commands and logic... right?

(OH MY GOD!!)
Hodgey
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Oct 2012 12:19 Edited at: 12th Oct 2012 12:20
Quote: "So, what is the "freedom engine" exactly?"

In a nutshell, it's AppGameKit online. You write, compile and run code all within your web browser.

Edit- would people stop ninja'ing me, that's twice in 5 minutes!

Alduce
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Oct 2012 12:22 Edited at: 12th Oct 2012 12:22
Quote: "In a nutshell, it's AppGameKit online. You write, compile and run code all within your web browser."

Oh.. this thing little trouble me...
But the commands are really equals? And, If I understand well, the IDE is in the browser.. mmm.. and the performances?

And, the freedom language using the 3D command from V108 beta version?
Hodgey
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Oct 2012 12:24 Edited at: 12th Oct 2012 12:30
Quote: "But the commands are really equals?"

Yes, people have successfully copy/pasted their AppGameKit code into Freedom Engine, compiled and ran it.

Van B
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Oct 2012 12:28
Yeah, it's sorta like 2 different corners of the market, Freedom Engine should be used for making browser games - like HTML5, and hopefully Facebook games, wheras AppGameKit is more traditional, for PC, Mac, Tablets, Phones etc. Both languages are by TGC and use the same syntax, although having 100% exact compatibility might be further down the line. You could start developing with the Freedom Engine, from any PC, all stored in the cloud... then later you can make other versions of the same game for tablets, PC etc etc. It's a pretty sweet system, no need to spend any money and you get a solid start in making an app or game for shedloads of different devices.

I got a fever, and the only prescription, is more memes.
3d point in space
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Oct 2012 12:33 Edited at: 12th Oct 2012 12:34
I don't think you can copy and paste c++ AppGameKit to freedom engine yet, I think that this will be down the road, I think they should have a basic c++ interceptor though for freedom engine. The basic engine is that you cant use think like link list, nodes, and vectors. basically any c++ library.

Some things they should have on the online version though is arrays, functions, and stuff similar to basic. Then it would be easy to copy and paste code from c++ to freedom.

Developer of Space Chips, pianobasic, zipzapzoom, and vet pinball apps. Developed the tiled map engine seen on the showcase. Veteran for the military.
Alduce
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Oct 2012 12:38 Edited at: 12th Oct 2012 12:39
all that it's really interesting dudes!

About c++ no problems here, I have just the brain power to use the basic commands and logic..

Only question not answered is:

Are the freedom language 3D commands the same of the V108 AppGameKit version? (from your previous answers I assume yes..)
Hodgey
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Oct 2012 12:41 Edited at: 12th Oct 2012 12:42
Quote: "Are the freedom language 3D commands the same of the V108 AppGameKit version?"

Eventually, they will be however, right now FE and AppGameKit 108 could be at different stages when it comes to 3D commands. There are some common factors such as the basic creation commands but they may not be exactly inline with each other.

Alduce
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Oct 2012 12:47
Okok I think I understand the point. I hope these 2 languages kit can grow up together and without big differences.

For now I would to give you all dudes a big thanks for that help!
Hodgey
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Oct 2012 12:50
Quote: "I hope these 2 languages kit can grow up together and without big differences."

I believe that's the plan.

Alduce
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Oct 2012 12:58 Edited at: 12th Oct 2012 12:59
Dudes, all that is really fascinating!

I notice a bit slow compiling time with FreedomEngine but damn, it's work really good!

And I notice that the FreedomEngine take directly the media and examples from AGk installation folders! REALLY GOOD!
baxslash
Valued Member
Bronze Codemaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Oct 2012 14:42
Keep an eye on Freedom Engine over the coming weeks, some really cool stuff will be added very soon!

For example in the labs we are able to compile an Android apk file which you can drop directly onto your Android device for testing, this and other deployment options are on their way!

FE and AppGameKit are essentially the same engine and when they catch up with each other they will remain very close in terms of what they are capable of. Think of AppGameKit like a desktop version of FE or FE as a cloud based version of AGK.

this.mess = abs(sin(times#))
Alduce
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Oct 2012 15:05
Quote: "Keep an eye on Freedom Engine over the coming weeks, some really cool stuff will be added very soon!

For example in the labs we are able to compile an Android apk file which you can drop directly onto your Android device for testing, this and other deployment options are on their way!

FE and AppGameKit are essentially the same engine and when they catch up with each other they will remain very close in terms of what they are capable of. Think of AppGameKit like a desktop version of FE or FE as a cloud based version of AGK."

Wow.. these are some really big news!
So not only "cloud mode" to drop the app to the device but a USB directly mode too.. GREAT!.
Yeah, I am start to understand the main logic of these language kits, I also REALLY hope you dudes can develope some 3D physics routines really soon!
I literally foaming at the mouth!!

Thank you too for help!
Rich Dersheimer
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Oct 2012 16:01 Edited at: 12th Oct 2012 16:01
Quote: "For example in the labs we are able to compile an Android apk file which you can drop directly onto your Android device for testing, this and other deployment options are on their way!"

Please tell us that these will also be available for AppGameKit?!?!

baxslash
Valued Member
Bronze Codemaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Oct 2012 16:05
I haven't heard that it won't be added to the AppGameKit compiler. That's not a political answer I just don't know for sure how it all works and therefore whether it's even possible. As far as I'm aware we are using the same or a very similar compiler for FE and AppGameKit so I would expect it to be added to AppGameKit at some point.

That's a question for Paul or Lee to answer I think.

this.mess = abs(sin(times#))
Paul Johnston
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Oct 2012 18:53 Edited at: 12th Oct 2012 18:54
I can see Android one click deploy working for AppGameKit in the future, you will just need the JDK installed.
Ancient Lady
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Oct 2012 20:07
Quote: "I can see Android one click deploy working for AppGameKit in the future, you will just need the JDK installed."

I'll assume this is one click for Tier 1.

Any possibility of a similar option for Tier 2?

Cheers,
Ancient Lady
AGK Community Tester
kamac
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Oct 2012 20:10
Quote: "Any possibility of a similar option for Tier 2?"

Actually, it's 100% possible already.
I am actually surprised nobody did this yet.

I might look into it

Follow me on twitter! @MotionStruct
Motion Struct blog
Paul Johnston
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Oct 2012 02:22 Edited at: 13th Oct 2012 02:23
Quote: "I'll assume this is one click for Tier 1.

Any possibility of a similar option for Tier 2?"

Tier 1, yes. Since the interpreter is the same for all tier 1 projects we just have to replace the bytecode file, add the media, and make some changes to the AndroidManifest.xml which is all easy to automate. For tier 2 it requires compiling the C++ code with the Android NDK so it is more involved, I don't have any plans to automate this.
Ancient Lady
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Oct 2012 18:29
Quote: "I don't have any plans to automate this."

I suspected that was the case for the very reason you listed. But it never hurts to ask.

Cheers,
Ancient Lady
AGK Community Tester
bjadams
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
What do you want to automate more for t2?!!!

t2 is for programmers who know their way in, out and around of the os. you just have to click compile and the apk is automatically created and transferred to your device if its connected to usb! how can it be more automatic than that?!!!

these automations are only good for t1 where programmers usually want a very simple environment and don't care about knowing how internal os things work
Ancient Lady
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Oct 2012 19:38
I have my scripts and aliases set up that let me do things with relative ease. I was just asking.

I know I'm not doing something right if I haven't written at least one script (perl, bash, dos) to get a process done.

Cheers,
Ancient Lady
AGK Community Tester
bjadams
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
i don't like using scripts if i don't have to.

for android compilation i even got rid of Cygwin and set up automatic ndk recompilation & building as soon as I change some code!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-03 03:31:46
Your offset time is: 2024-05-03 03:31:46