Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / Some stupid questions from a "rookie".

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hello AppGameKit & TGC friends. While exploring the world of AppGameKit, certain questions appeared in my head. Please forgive me if some of them seem to be stupid, but a not-so-thorough search in the forums didn't provide me with complete answers for them:

- How many -simultaneous- sprites can agk support in tier 1? I am thinking to create all sprites in my game's initial stage (and hide/deactivate when necessary), than create/delete on every level.

- If I want to use my bought AppGameKit on a second PC, do I have to just uninstall from the first one? Or is there some deactivation procedure on the first and then code activation on the second?

- Do I need a paid apple developer account in order to compile my code in my Apple devices (not yet interested in publish in App Store)? Or is there anything like a free developer account, so that I can test the compiled code in real hardware without paying the yearly 99 dolar fee?

- Has anyone succesfully delivered/ beta-tested an AppGameKit iOS game with the TestFlight service?

Thank you for the time you devoted in reading these questions.
Hodgey
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Oct 2012 05:08
Quote: "How many -simultaneous- sprites can agk support in tier 1?"

There used to be a cap (10,000 I think) but I believe that has been lifted so your limitation is basically your device's memory. I highly doubt you'll hit the limit. Do remember that sprites are different to images. Images take up a lot more memory than sprites do.

Quote: " If I want to use my bought AppGameKit on a second PC, do I have to just uninstall from the first one?"

Check the licence. I don't have it on me right now so I can't check.

Quote: " Do I need a paid apple developer account in order to compile my code in my Apple devices "

Yes. For your apps to run on iOS Devices, they must be 'code signed' and to do this you need a code signing certificate from Apple, which you get when you join the iOS developer program. You can however, run your app on the iOS Simulators without having to have a paid iOS Dev account.

Quote: "- Has anyone succesfully delivered/ beta-tested an AppGameKit iOS game with the TestFlight service? "

Looks like it .

kamac
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Oct 2012 08:52
Quote: "If I want to use my bought AppGameKit on a second PC, do I have to just uninstall from the first one?"

Nope. Unless you're the only user. One AppGameKit copy = one user.
So, you can have AppGameKit installed on many devices, if you meet the rule above.

Follow me on twitter! @MotionStruct
Motion Struct blog
nickele
Years of Service
User Offline
Hodgey and kamac, thank you very much for your helpful information. You really helped me clear out these things.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-27 19:47:56
Your offset time is: 2024-04-27 19:47:56