Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Feb 2013 13:28 Edited at: 6th Feb 2013 13:29

This is it! This is the big one.
My last game. I felt gamedevelopment fading from me the last couple of months as I don't find the joy in it I used to and have less time so there is likely no 2014 Wolf games. This right here will be my last WIP thread. If this game fails and this thread disappears in the depths of this forum you can concider me out. I might still keep up modeling as a freelance artist but no more selfmade games.

Now, after my dramatic entrance: Welcome to the development thread for Okkult (formerly known as „children of dagon“ which has been anounced cenutrys ago as my first commerical title. Some of you might even remember it!)

The story is nothing too fancy as I have to make this game in FPSCreator and I try to tell the story WITH Fpscreator as well as I can. Allow me not to get too specific on certain plot elements! The storyline so far sounds as basic as it gets but I do have some cool (I dislike this adjective as much as most intelligent people but its fitting) lovecraftian content I dont want to spoil for you.

Evidence B-12: Classified.
textfile copied from soundrecording for archivation:

My name is Logan Carpenter, I'm broadcasting this from the multinational climate research base Alessa II. This base is official registered as a restricted area since 2010 and I know why... I mean... I don't know where to start. Ahm... okay! … I don't have a lot of time... I used to have this base on my patrol routine years ago and my fiancee Claire O'Shea was...no....IS stationed here. The base has been cut off by a massive blizzard for about half a year. Temperatures kept falling to -95C° every few hours here...ahm... This base is the epicenter of this blizzard! Its origin is not natural. Its not a phenomenon caused by global warming or anything...its them! They somehow cause it. I...I think its their presence disrupting the balance of … I'm rambling sorry...
You see! I used to spend every weekend with Claire but since the base got closed down for public I was lucky to see her every 2 months and she...changed. At first I thought it was me and she was just stressed out but it was something in her eyes...something in the way she spoke and the way she moved...nobody else noticed it. They actually had the guts to tell me I was just paranoid...and she was always a bit creepy anyway... but they haven't seen what I have seen here. Ahm...okay...ahm... I record this broadcast while transmitting.
So, I asked her what was wrong and she told me that the work stressed her since the new „investors“ took over. The base would grow at an enormously fast rate and she would not be able to get a break. Ahm! She was a microbiologist and apparently they found something while drilling for icecoresamples. I left it at that, little did I know that what they found where not some kind of prehistoric bacteria... they found this thing and it... changed them! There is no way this has been built by humans. Its... [*Sound Recording Distorted*]Ahm! 3 months ago we received a scrambled radiotransmission from this base. It was Claires voice... As the storm cleared up a little I ...stole... a helicopter and … I crashlanded close to the base. It was cold... I felt my bodytemperature drop knowing I had mere seconds to find shelter...

Features:

*Vivid snow and ice effects! Particle and shader effects create a truely freezing athmosphere.
*Tough adventure gameplay and survival elements
*Strong athmosphere and visual style featuring shaders not yet seen in FPSC.
*Innovative health system
*Ambience enhancing horror scenes
*Coherent synergy of graphical design and memorycap. Even dynamic objects fit in and don't stick out as much as In my former titles.
*Selfmade and modified characters and creatures.

Screenshots:

I know most of these are really blue. Its because the scenes I made so far are not only in a very early state but also very cold.
There is a temperature feedback with the scenes color. I also use Starminds cold breath effect (see special thanks) to underline chapters where you constantly have to heat up your body.

I post added the HUD snow blur in the helicopter and that simple outdoor shot because the standart screenshot function FPSC uses does not show the head up display pictures and I didnt want to give you guys the bars and distorted resolution (I use widescreen).

I know there are a lot of weapons in these shots but don't let this mislead you. Whenever you do find a weapon you only have a couple shots for a very long time and different weapons use different ammunition (While some weapons shader ammunition types).

You find weapons (and healthpacks etc.) only on logical places where it could have been. I don't go all Silent Hill 2 on you where you find healthdrinks and pistol ammo lying around in the most unlikely places...yet its still one of the first games mentioned when people talk about Survival horror.

The weapons are also polished and modified to handle as smoothly as possible.

This game is very inspired by the Penumbra Series (Frictional Games). However! I chose to do some things different as in my game you actually meet a couple characters.

The first one I started working on is Dr. Judith Walken... you will meet her from time to time throughout the game. This is a very early version. It a modified EAI char with a new wig:

Special thanks:

These are the people that made this title possible:

Starmind for his cold breath effect
Rolfy of whom's work I base the weather effects on
Cosmic Prophet who seems to have made a fitting prop for every corner of this game
Errant AI for the Arsenal and the characters
Bond1 for his monster rigs, some meshes and fantastic shaders
Fenwolf for his furniture set I'm too lazy to model myself
Doomster for his scripts and exorbitant segmentsets
Wizard of id for some great segmentmeshes

This list is in no way complete and will certainly grow throughout the development of this title.

I can totally understand if you dont want to comment on or support this title until I show some more content.

If you like what you see and feel like supporting me, you can also donate.

-Wolf

MrValentine
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FFVII
Posted: 6th Feb 2013 14:00 Edited at: 6th Feb 2013 14:10
WoW, gobsmacked literally... your work never ceases to amaze, Wolf, don't you have a website showing your various works? I may be interested in asking you to make some character models if you do make them

EDIT

Or... maybe
Quote: "Errant AI for the Arsenal and the characters"

Wolf
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Feb 2013 14:33
Thank you MrValentine!

I do have a website but it has no content yet. I'm working on it and I think it will be up and running around next week.

The character right here is apart of some minor proportion modding and the hair an EAI Char from FPSC Modelpack 53. I do however model my own characters aswell and you can E-mail me about freelance work!

-Wolf

MrValentine
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FFVII
Posted: 6th Feb 2013 14:47
Sweet... Will do!

Ross tra damus
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Feb 2013 16:07
I have no doubt that this will be a 'Stunning' last Project looking at the progress so far.
Sorry to hear that this may be the last game dev from you but at least you have had a 'good' go at it which is more than I can say for myself (still haven't found time to start anything of my own).

I'm looking forward though to seeing how this Project pans out because it has a great 'original' storyline and a FPSC 'Master' working on it.

I wish you all the best of luck with this.

NOTE - I personaly like the 'blueish' tint that you have shown in the images here and would say 'stay with it' because to me it radiates the feeling of the cold temperatures very, very well.
Omegamer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Feb 2013 18:38
This is looking absolutly stunning Wolf, just please promise me you'll release this one
Metal Devil123
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Feb 2013 20:38
Quote: "Logan Carpenter"

Zing!

And also, dang. I'm also doing a same sort of game that takes inspiration from The Thing (and heavily from The Grey). It also begins with a crash landing (a plane though, not a helicopter) and overall almost seems like ripping off after you made this thread. But enough about that.

The shots look great and judging by the shots, you've achieved the feeling of coldness in your level. Bravo! Gotta tip my hat to you. And I'm also interested in seeing this innovative health system and how the snow and cold effects look in-game! You got me excited.

rolfy
Years of Service
User Offline
I expect this will be a stunning and breathtaking piece of work from you, If you need anything from me just hit me up on e-mail.

Good luck with this.

I don't trip over...I do random gravity checks.
Disturbing 13
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Feb 2013 06:11
Quote: "If you need anything from me just hit me up on e-mail."

Ditto! I'm sure plenty of us will have your back. Just freakin amazing!

Model pack 66-99 high quality items...cheap!!
"Who loves ya baby!"
VindiKator
Years of Service
User Offline
You are very strong Wolf, your creations never cease to impress the community!
Personally I love the game that have the theme of fear and horror, but that does not involve zombies: the kind that is too seen and reviewed, it becomes boring!
Personally I think that the writings of the writer HP Lovecraft is a good source of inspiration to make really great games and agonizing, or Adventure are used more than just shoot monsters.
I sincerely hope that you will lead in the end this project, one of the best on this forum!
Wolf
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Feb 2013 16:40
Wow! I was not expecting this much support! Thank you guys!

@Ros tra damus:
Quote: "NOTE - I personaly like the 'blueish' tint that you have shown in the images here and would say 'stay with it' because to me it radiates the feeling of the cold temperatures very, very well. "

The postprocessing stays the way it is throughout the game. I'll just abstract it a bit with different lightcolors throughout some of the more surreal passages. Glad you like it and I can perfectly understand why you never started making a game on your own. It IS time consuming. Writers often tell you to write one page per day and this advise works well with gamedesign aswell: Do one thing per day and after a few months you have a game ready. Or FPSC doesn't want to build it in which case you dont.

@MetalDevil123:

Quote: "Zing!"

Believe it or not, I did not even realise this XD

Quote: "And also, dang. I'm also doing a same sort of game that takes inspiration from The Thing (and heavily from The Grey). It also begins with a crash landing (a plane though, not a helicopter) and overall almost seems like ripping off after you made this thread."

I dont mind! I bet our games will be fundamentaly different apart from the similar starting points

Quote: "And I'm also interested in seeing this innovative health system and how the snow and cold effects look in-game! You got me excited."

Well, the healthsystem is still in development but the cold system works like this:

In cold areas you have starminds "cold breath" . In outdoor areas when you are cought in a snowstorm you have 2 minutes to find shelter, after one minute, you start staggering and I play a heavy breathing sound effect. If you approach your death I display freezing huds (you can find a ton on CGTextures btw).

@rolfy:
Quote: "I expect this will be a stunning and breathtaking piece of work from you, If you need anything from me just hit me up on e-mail.

Good luck with this."
Thanks a lot for the generous offer! However, I'm too early in the development stage to have anything for your talents just yet

@Disturbing13
Quote: "Ditto! I'm sure plenty of us will have your back. Just freakin amazing!"

Thank you too!!

@VindiKator:
Quote: "Personally I think that the writings of the writer HP Lovecraft is a good source of inspiration to make really great games and agonizing, or Adventure are used more than just shoot monsters.
I sincerely hope that you will lead in the end this project, one of the best on this forum! "

Thank you! I hope too that I manage to finish it. The game has a lovecraft based theme (Dagon) but its not following one of his storys otherwise. You do get to see quite a lot of different creatures and you get to shoot some too
Best luck to your Project aswell!

-Wolf

Metal Devil123
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Feb 2013 19:29
Quote: "Believe it or not, I did not even realise this"

Fate has an odd sense of humor...

And thanks for the link for the breath effect. Really neat (shout out to Starmind if he happens to pass by, don't feel like bumping that thread).

And that cold system sounds cool. Quite similar to another indie game "Black Snow", but with more. In that you just simply lose health.

Also, forgot to comment on Dr. Judith Walken (next you should have Cristopher Walken). That's a really nice re-texture and the hair is modified in a cool way. For her sake though, I hope she has prepared a little better for the temperature. As now she has a tee with an open neck. Or that she not having her winter clothes on is explained at one point or another in the game. Maybe she spends her time inside with her coat and hat and all that stuff off.

SpaceWurm
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing:
Posted: 11th Feb 2013 20:05
Excellent work Wolf! Do you use a post processing filter that gives all your screenshots that slight bit of noise?

Really looking forward to this, the atmosphere in all the screenshots is what really intrigues me.

Cheers,
Landman

Artrift.com - Digital Art Community | MyPixelbox.net - My Creative Blog
PixelF
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Feb 2013 01:54
I was going to make a game exactly like this a couple of months ago, but gave up on the project.

Well done Wolf.
Corno_1
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "My last game"

What. After all this great pictures. After all the work. We should lost a person who gives us the feeling that fpsCreator is a game engine which can concurent to all the others. I am sad.
I hope this project do not go down in this forum and I also hope I will be able to play this game. All your games looking wonderful and this also do.
I read the posts and threads in this forum since 5 years and have a account for 1 year. And now a lot of old members want to go away or just post something specular from time to time. I rember all the great FpsCreator forum mebers:

of course we have now some new persons who present a new era of FPSC forum history, but some times it is good to go back to the roots.

But nethertheless it is your decision and of course I am going to respect it.

Oh i forgot your game:
Graphic:
fantastic
Story:
I you put the story ingame and not on loading screens I will be happy

I will look futher into this thread and also I will bump it

I hope everything is clear, because I am not a nativ speaker. I am german
Thank you for all
Your old german Fan

Corno_1
( I learn today that my forumname is a brass instrument in music )

Wolf
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Feb 2013 00:59 Edited at: 20th Feb 2013 01:04
@MetalDevil123 :
Quote: "And that cold system sounds cool. Quite similar to another indie game "Black Snow", but with more. In that you just simply lose health. "

Thats a bit minimalistic I googled that game, do you mean the half life 2 mod? Is it good?

Quote: " For her sake though, I hope she has prepared a little better for the temperature. As now she has a tee with an open neck"
Not to spoil too much: you meet her in an underground laboratory where she tries to figure out whats going on on her own Also: Good eyes for detail The presentation with that skybox was misleading.

@Landman:
Quote: "Excellent work Wolf! Do you use a post processing filter that gives all your screenshots that slight bit of noise?"

Thanks! And yes!

@Corno_1: Thank you! And yes, everything is clear If I finish the game, I'll be making a german version aswell.

Small update.

A few shots from what I have been adding to the game lately. Its not much.

I painted the sinister blood symbols with aquarelle colors, I hope its not too obvious. I'll tone down that bright specular effect, don't worry.

The games creatures, enemies and scares will mostly consist of modified or completely custom material. Here is a WIP of a winged Shroudling demon, with a more fitting texture:

Adding elements to prerigged characters isn’t as complicated as I feared it to be. I just noticed that Fragmotions .dbo exporter does not keep the coherent framenumbering of the imported file which is why you dont get to see this guy ingame.

And now to the more important news.

I have a website! www.serygalacaffeine.com

-Wolf

Metal Devil123
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Feb 2013 07:43
Quote: "I googled that game, do you mean the half life 2 mod? Is it good?"

Yes. It's actually quite nice. Gets a few good scares with the creative monster (black smoke, that can only be in the darkness, although I feel they could have gotten more out of that monster).

And speaking of monsters. That Winged Shroudling? Creepy as hell! Looks like something out of Silent Hill, or anything just as demented. Really neat work on that one. I especially love your texture work.

The screenshots are looking really good. The first kinda reminds me of the room from Euthanasia, where you get the rifle.
And that dog hanging from the chains? Looks really awesome and brings in mind the horrible gore in the dog scene from Carpenter's The Thing. And don't worry, the blood symbols do look like blood symbols.

Everything is looking real nice! Hope to see more of this, and of course play it in the future!

jmtmew
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Feb 2013 15:33
Inspirationally epic work as always, Wolf, quite a fan of it myself

“If Pac-Man had affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in dark rooms, munching pills and listening to repetitive electronic music.”
fredboy51
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Feb 2013 21:03
Very nice! I plan to release something soon but, eh. Does not have nearly as much custom models, just custom huds from me made in photoshop. Any who Would love to see your game done on the forums as a download (or) for purchase. Great work and hope to see more in the future.

-Fredboy51 (Lupus)

fredy rules all
ASTECH
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Mar 2013 19:21 Edited at: 5th Mar 2013 19:22
Great vision for another FPSC horror classic! I was working on my game last week and I ran into a problem and thought of you. I know you've canned a lot of projects in your day (who hasn't, right?) and I remembered how the memory cap seemed to always be a problem with you. I learned that its not necessarily the lightmaps that pose such a big strain as it is the texture quality.

I did some testing and reducing my textures to 1/2 their size in "Preferences" gave me around 200-300 MB back of memory and now I'm not capping anymore. Since most of my textures are 1024 and only a few models seem to be a little less in quality... its seems like a sacrifice that I'm willing to make. With doing this, I am able to keep my 1024 lightmap texture size and 80 as my quality.

If you run into problems with these areas, don't be afraid to sacrifice texture quality to some extent. I got to thinking and even Valve did this with the Source engine. Not all textures in Half Life 2 were as clear as others.

I wish you luck and I hope this might help you in the future.

PC Specs: AMD X4 2.7Ghz, 8GB DDR3 RAM, Nvidia 9800GT, Win. 7 Pro 64 Bit
PekelaarSFX
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Mar 2013 01:10
That M4 *Initialize rainbow puke*

Looking good wolf. I really enjoy your style.. When will there be a demo out?

Once your done, could you help me out with some FPSC related things? I'm working on something pretty big, but i'm having some problems (mostly scripting related)

Don't as what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. - Winston Churchill
Wolf
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Mar 2013 13:31
Thanks guys!

@Metaldevil123:

Quote: "The screenshots are looking really good. The first kinda reminds me of the room from Euthanasia, where you get the rifle."

Yeah! ...but all you get here is a wrench to connect two lose electricity cables. Probably shouldn't tell people how to solve the puzzles though

Quote: "And that dog hanging from the chains? Looks really awesome and brings in mind the horrible gore in the dog scene from Carpenter's The Thing. And don't worry, the blood symbols do look like blood symbols. "

Thank you! I had the idea after I saw that submediocre movie "nine miles down". My idea was to hang a decapitated naked corpse there but that would have been too much for level 2.

I mean: The first level establishes the scenario, the second level should imply that something is kind of mysterious and slightly eerie... not awfully horrible.

@jmtmew

Thanks!

@
Quote: "I plan to release something soon but, eh. Does not have nearly as much custom models"

Doesn't matter at all, you just need to use what you have wisely

@ASTECH:
Quote: "Great vision for another FPSC horror classic!"

Thank you!

Quote: "I was working on my game last week and I ran into a problem and thought of you. I know you've canned a lot of projects in your day (who hasn't, right?) and I remembered how the memory cap seemed to always be a problem with you. I learned that its not necessarily the lightmaps that pose such a big strain as it is the texture quality."

Thanks a lot. I know this already but its still great that you wanted to share this with me. Yes! If I knew this earlier I could have saved my favorite title "Relikt". I spent way more time than I should have researching this and I came to the following conclusion: Low resoluted atlas textures are the way to go.
Everything in this pack uses the same 1024*1024 texture.

I also model a lot of my rooms to restrain from using segments. They consume a lot of memory aswell...especially if you use variations. Maybe that research thread has some useful information for you aswell

Best luck to you too!

@PekelaarSFX:

Quote: "That M4 *Initialize rainbow puke*"

Quote: "Looking good wolf. I really enjoy your style.. When will there be a demo out?

Once your done, could you help me out with some FPSC related things? I'm working on something pretty big, but i'm having some problems (mostly scripting related)"

Thank you! I dont know when I release a demo but it shouldnt be too long down the road.

I'm also not the best guy to ask for scripting. I mostly jerryrig my scripts out of a couple different scripts and trial and error until it works. There are far more talented scripters on this board than me.

-Wolf

[href]www.serygalacaffeine.com[/href]
Without struggle,no progress and no result.Every breaking of habit produces a change in the machine.
PekelaarSFX
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Mar 2013 13:52
Quote: "I'm also not the best guy to ask for scripting. I mostly jerryrig my scripts out of a couple different scripts and trial and error until it works. There are far more talented scripters on this board than me."

its not just scripting. Also regular tips and tricks. And since you're stopping FPSC anyway, you shoudl give throught the knowlegde you posses, so the legacy lives forth!

www.Tangodown.nl
Dutch tactical gaming community.
Metal Devil123
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Mar 2013 17:40
Quote: ".but all you get here is a wrench to connect two lose electricity cables"

Dang. A rifle would have been handy... Well, at least now I don't have to be stuck for 3 hours with my horrible puzzle solving abilities.

Quote: "My idea was to hang a decapitated naked corpse there but that would have been too much for level 2. "

Sometimes you just have to hold back on the good old disturbing imagination of yours, I guess.

Quote: " The first level establishes the scenario, the second level should imply that something is kind of mysterious and slightly eerie... not awfully horrible."

Gotcha.

I think the screens still look great, and good decisions with the visuals. Can't wait to see all the naked corpses in the later levels! (didn't think I'd get to say that today)

D0MINIK
Years of Service
User Offline
Me just being me, I'm trying to find something that's bad. However, I can't...

Visually brilliant again, Wolf! Looking forward to play it and see how it feels

fredboy51
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Mar 2013 17:12
Wow, seems better and better the more I here you speak about it. I once used the dead zombies from model pack 39 (the ones split in half) and put them at different heights on metal fences (From Cosmic's country time pack) that got titled from a military jeep crashing into it(this was way back mind you) I don't know, may give you an idea, than I had some legs and more corpses on the ground then as you would investigate in, one would jump at you from on the ground at a really fast speed. who knows. If you want it. have it. If you want i'll send you a pic of it if I still have the level...

-Fredboy51 (Lupus)

fredy rules all
midget overlord
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Mar 2013 23:25
You're... you're... leaving? WHY!!!
The game looks fantastic, and it's only fitting that you go out with a bang. I'll be sure to download this one once it's finished.

odog elens a, odog gonds a, min faen brethil.
You're my best friend if you can interpret this.
Wolf
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Mar 2013 02:20 Edited at: 10th Mar 2013 03:12
@PekelaarSFX: Sure! I'd like to help you. Do you happen to have skype?

@ Metal Devil 123: You seem to like this game and you told me you where working on something similar? I could give you my storyline and ideas if you like and you could take this over or change it into something else. Its just a suggestion because I take it in a different direction and this game would be lost otherwise. I could still help you with the aesthetics, creatures and corpses. Gamedesign: Offering people on the internet to help them with creatures and corpses. I hope this does not disappoint you.

@D0MINIK: Thank you! Would you kindly tell me what you think of my new visual style once its up in high resolution on my website? I would like to hear some suggestions, maybe I screwed some things up. That sort of thing. After all: You are one of the few FPSC users with a unique style to their games.

@fredboy51: thats a creative idea ...but as you can see: the newer game has no room for jeeps

@midget overlord: Thanks

Update:

I actually had a fun evening planned today that sadly got cancelled. I was really looking forward to it and had a bit too much coffee to cheer me up. Thats probably why I feel rather impatient and show you things way too early.

Even though I dont have to I feel like I owe you an explanation:

I'm an artist, a claim often made on the internet, I'm sure, and I really feel that my videogames don't follow the evolution of my other crafts. My art and writing have abandoned this confined, creepy headspace this game still belongs to long ago and its just starting to really bore me to figure out ways to scare the player.

My last game should be fun for everyone. I want my friends to play it who mostly dont like horror at all, I want you guys to play it and really see FPSCreator stretched beyond its dark horror corridor stigma and I want to have fun designing my own game. Its my sparetime and I do what I want with it. I cant expect you people to follow my everchanging work that rarely results in released titles.

I know! This contrasts my first post here... but hey! Unlike any politician after an election, I do inform you guys that I do something radically different than what I claimed before

That joke was flat, I know.

So: Here is what you need to know:

The new game has a funky fantasy story ...in spaaace and a lot of humour. It als has a new style.
The style is designed to have an aquarelle/pastel look and allows me to lower the resolution to an extreme. I had this grainy, low saturated style before and this right here will be very different.

Storywise it lets you start out in a tomb so there will be some bits for the horrorfans here too...even though they are very mild.
This game is much more about fun than about scaring the player.

I'm aware that clunky, visually depraved indie horrorgames bring in a lot of money at the moment with all the lets players and I know that Okkult probably would have sold but I dont care.

Here is what you need to know: Its an alpha build, there might be misplaced or missing objects, the skybox did not load (wonderful work by rolf I slightly edited. (see attached)

A lot more and high resolution screenshots will be presented on my website around tomorrow. I link you guys to it.

I make a thread for this once I have a beta or at least alpha demo ready.

Aesthetics test on weapon. Desings by Errant AI (hands and animations) and John Fletcher (Halberd)

-Wolf

http://www.serygalacaffeine.com
Without struggle,no progress and no result.Every breaking of habit produces a change in the machine.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Omegamer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Mar 2013 15:07
One word: WOW!!!!

This is by far the best looking FPSC-Game I've ever seen and I can't wait to see some videofootage or even better a demo.

Keep up the impressive work
sic1ne
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Mar 2013 16:29 Edited at: 10th Mar 2013 16:31
i like the screen shots they look awsome but it looks like 2 different games the screenshots of okkult look sick then u have screenshots of a rgp/mmo looking gm below that look awsome but it knda looks like 2 different games? i like the screenshots alot tho looks amazing !!

Burger
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Mar 2013 05:28
Stop showing off lol

- An Instinctive Fear IndieDB page, download demo today!
Metal Devil123
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Mar 2013 06:47
Quote: "I could give you my storyline and ideas if you like and you could take this over or change it into something else"

Well, if you have some cool ideas to share then great. I think I could look at the storyline too, I think that it would be changed quite much, since I think our similarities are more in the setting and the setup. Don't know how much the actual storyline differs then.

Quote: " I could still help you with the aesthetics, creatures and corpses."

Awesome. I don't really know what you specifically mean with all this, but I'm sure interested. I have the email button there, if this offer still stands when you read it.

My game is actually in quite a good state, got a few finished levels, haven't announced it yet, because I made a rule to myself; I don't announce anything until I'm at least halfway finished with it. If I abandon it, it will probably happen before I'm at the halfway point and when I do announce it, it will most likely get done.

Quote: "Gamedesign: Offering people on the internet to help them with creatures and corpses"

That's pretty much the official definition of gamedesign. Any encyclopaedia that dares to say something different, if obviously wrong.

Quote: "I hope this does not disappoint you."

Well, yes and no. It would be cool to carry on from this, but I also would have been interested in seeing what you come up with. But it's still great to see that you're doing something and that you have a different approach. As much as I did want to see a new horror game from you, it's still great to see something else. And after all the dark and twisted horror games you've done, maybe this is a welcome change of pace. Not just for the audience, but you too.

ANYHOW! I'll still mention the new screens and this:
The comments really show much people actually READ the posts and updates the author posts here.

The screens look really good. And the pastel look is really working for this. What it loses on realism and tiny detail, it makes up twice with style, which even at this alpha point looks cool. I must say, you have accomplished the style better than Dragon Age 2 in my opinion. DA2 failed with it, as the game just looked lifeless, plain and boring. This however, looks great. Well done.

The weapon also looks cool. Very fitting. Nice work.

Levi barros
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jun 2013 22:47
Looks like Battlefield 3 to me. AMAZING!!!

Your signature has been erased by a mod
Wolf
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jun 2013 23:25
Thank you! However, the game is no longer in development.

http://www.serygalacaffeine.com

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 23:43:11
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 23:43:11