Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Android / Google Play Game Services Interaction? (Required for game submissions to Play Store)

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Mar 2015 04:37
Hello Everyone,

I am not new to android game development, but I am very new to App Game Kit. I have been searching and searching for a way to interface with Goolge Play Game Services in Tier 1 OR 2 and cannot find any way to do this.

The nearest documentation I have found is for commands that are for itunes, but don't seem to be for Google Play (GameCenterSubmitAchievement() is one such command). I find it hard to believe that there would be no way to interface with the Google Play Game Services since there are others here that have submitted games to Google Play using AGK.... I feel that I must be missing something. Google Play requires (repeat... requires) at least 5 achievements and the option to connect to google play game services (player doesn't need to, but YOU as the programmer MUST implement this functionality regardless to have your app approved).

I have written several games using Java for Android. There is a lot of set up needed due to the Google Play Store requirements. Does AppGameKit have ANY built in features to assist with this? If not can anyone offer guidance in either tier 1 or tier 2 to get me on the right track?

Thank you so much.
Funnell7
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Mar 2015 11:18 Edited at: 12th Mar 2015 11:22
Walkman1014, have a read of this thread;

http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=213841&b=41

Although Google Play Services are not available for Tier 1 users, Paul (the developer of AGK) has posted advising a way of achieving this in Tier 2.

FYI, I believe this is incorrect;

Quote: "Google Play requires (repeat... requires) at least 5 achievements and the option to connect to google play game services (player doesn't need to, but YOU as the programmer MUST implement this functionality regardless to have your app approved). "

Google Play Services is not a mandatory requirement. I have 9 apps (using Tier 1) published on Google Play, none of which utilise Google Play Services nor do they have 'achievements'...

Without doing any research it may very well be mandatory to have the Google Play SDK implemented (which it is in AppGameKit for Ad purposes), but there is no requirement to use any of the features...

EDIT: Welcome by the way, I see you are a new user

Using AppGameKit V2 Tier 1
Walkman1014
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Mar 2015 13:15
Thank you Funnell7,

I somehow missed the article. I also appreciate the information regarding Google Play. I have published 3 apps using the Google Play Game Services and have read that you must implement a minimum of 5 achievements and give the user the option to sign in to GPGS. But after reading your reply, I have now found documentation by Google that contradicts the earlier documentation by Google about Google Play Game Services (I find them very confusing in terms of outlining their "dos" and "donts" LOL). After researching further I am not going to really worry about achievements (only used them because I thought I had too). I have found other developers that have published and simply set the achievements to dummy ones and set them as invisible. I have also found developers such as yourself that say they have never used them. Thanks again!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-20 16:54:31
Your offset time is: 2024-04-20 16:54:31