Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / Useful Community Shaders Project

Author
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: AGK is my friend
Posted: 17th May 2018 22:36 Edited at: 17th May 2018 23:52
Thanks Janbo for some reason I thought it may change the default shader for the other objects
but silly me ofcourse it only changes the one shader crazy I know.

I just got so caught up with the fact the shader didn't account for light fog and shadows I didn't
stop and think did it need them. Ohwell it was a task to do and I made the adjustments and it still
worked so it might help with other shaders I want to modify to account for these factors.
fubar
nonom
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th May 2018 00:32
Just for clarify, I love your work but,

janbo wrote: "Of course its not impossible but also not trivial."

Monhs ago I sent to you this link, and did a post with my own suggestion, but I'm trying to get feedback for the community .

Maybe with some support it can be done by myself.

Water is not just a ripple effect, just remind that. As I said in the past the water effects deserve his own pack/s in the most part of the 3d engines.
http://www.nyan.cat/pirate
nonom
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th May 2018 00:34
The support may start maybe being positive
janbo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th May 2018 12:38 Edited at: 18th May 2018 14:53
Quote: "Monhs ago I sent to you this link"

Yes you did, and I looked over it but I guess I wasn't ready for this at the time and had to many other things needing my attention.
Now I temporarily implemented it in the current water shader just to see how things go.
So, I want to give you this feature but am not sure how to split the water shader up.
I don't just want another copy of the Water shader but with the caustics feature, I want differences...
best would be if I can make a water shader aiming for weak devices and one with all features aiming at fast mobiles and PC.
I feel like the current water shader is to demanding for some mobile devices so thats something I want to address too.

Water needs distortion thats for sure... so it would go into the shader for weaker devices.
I also think screen space reflection isn't too demanding, so thats in too.
Now I could make a third shader which is using vertex displacement for ocean waves plus caustics.
just thinking out loud: I now get the impression I should leave the current shader as is for pool and lakes as there isn't much need for caustics then make another one for oceans and one for mobile ?
Is that what you wanted ?
nonom
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th May 2018 13:09
The current water shader is awesome. It's nothing related with the ShaderPack, I'm using your watter effect and is enough for me, so I love and recommend this pack. Because is the best to polish our games.

Your work around shaders is excellent , so any opinion from you is always valuable for me. What I learned of shaders was on this thread and learning from your threads and ShaderPack, both opened my mind about glsl

janbo wrote: "Is that what you wanted ? "

Yourself said it's needs different shaders, it remembers me what I was saying.

nonom wrote: "As I said in the past, the water effects deserve his own pack/s in the most part of the 3d engines."

So just give thanks all the contributors, specially that pack from janbo which is the best reference for me.

I won't nothing just post some feedback.
nonom
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th May 2018 13:11
About the time, Your time is Yours and just I could say thanks for the big effort
janbo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th May 2018 18:30 Edited at: 18th May 2018 18:31
Alright then I'll try my best.
Today I played with gerstner waves to distort the terrain mesh. Works good except of some culling problems, but I'll get there...
If you have some more questions, please ask away
fubarpk
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th May 2018 20:36
Quote: "Today I played with gerstner waves to distort the terrain mesh. "

Curious how that works out as i tried a parabola effect with memblocks but when i tried to animate it the frame rates went out the window

fubar
janbo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st May 2018 21:25
Well as its a visual effect only and I don't need the mesh to react to something, I can easily distort the vertices in the vertex shader.
Basically its a bunch of sinus curves layed over each other.
fubarpk
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jun 2018 19:02
Using Pixel or Fragment Shaders
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=370165947

I converted that pixel shader to show on a 3D Plane that part works

It needs tidying up but what I want to do is use that so as it uses two textures and only modifies the alpha bits
I have tried using the mix command to mix the textures but that doesn't seem to want to work. I have commented
out the way I thought mix color would have to work.

the plan is to have texture 1 created like

And use it like its some sort of lava pool
fubar
fubarpk
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jun 2018 19:04 Edited at: 30th Jun 2018 19:11
Im still very new to shaders but any help anyone can give with the above shader would be greatly appreciated

But converting code to other platforms is one way I learn
fubar
Golelorn
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jul 2018 19:34 Edited at: 2nd Jul 2018 20:41
nevermind
fubarpk
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jul 2018 07:56 Edited at: 13th Jul 2018 21:43
The Kaleidoscope Shader now has the ability to have a mask texture
by adding a second texture to the object it will not draw on transparency
sections where they exist on the second layer

3D Kaleidoscope using 3 textures and blended allowing for the kali to be placed on a wall for example

3D Kaleidoscope A slightly different method of blending 3 textures with it that should just be tried but the most usefull of the lot I think

Using 3 Textures makes a great portal on a wall it really can be any shape you want now (perhaps even a person outline)
or used in one section of the model

Here is what happens when you turn the bonnet of the car into a Kali

fubar
Golelorn
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Aug 2018 20:49 Edited at: 17th Aug 2018 15:29
With a lot of inspiration and guidance from Jack's animated billboard shader I created a shader that shows plants growing. The billboard shader he provided had the offsets incorrect for this particular task( I do use his shader for smoke and its awesome ). I was not able to follow his code, since I am a pretty clueless, so I just recreated my own.

vs

ps

constant

fubarpk
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Aug 2018 21:22
That's awesome Golelorn great stuff
fubar
GarBenjamin
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Aug 2018 21:39
Bengismo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Aug 2018 20:20 Edited at: 17th Aug 2018 20:24
I have been mucking about with a 2D raytracing shader. I think it was Zigi that was asking for something similar to this to be built into AGK. It allows you to simulate realistic lighting in 2D with occlusion and even with semi transparent objects which colour the light coming through them. I have only been looking at it for a few hours but its pretty awesome even though it is GPU heavy. Theres quite a bit off possibility for it though. Its not the same as the 2D occulsion shader that Ched and Janbo have shown but it is similar.

You can control the white light with the mouse position and turn other lights on/off with left mouse and right mouse

It works really well for all scenarios and is adaptable to other lightmap textures.

It would need some optimising and carefull setting of light sizes to control the rendering speeds in a full game but its a nice idea for a spooky game..

Attachments

Login to view attachments
baxslash
Valued Member
Bronze Codemaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Aug 2018 10:40
@Bengismo, that's really great! I get over 500fps with all three lights. Superb work
Using AppGameKit V2 Tier 1
fubarpk
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Aug 2018 17:45
@Bengismo great stuff
fubar
Golelorn
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Aug 2018 18:37 Edited at: 30th Aug 2018 23:19
Grass Sway

Have not seen anything like this, and I am pretty happy with the results. Be sure the grass has its own texture(ie not an atlas texture).

Random number generator came from : https://thebookofshaders.com/10/
The sway is from: https://www.opengl.org/discussion_boards/showthread.php/185566-Make-swinging-2D-grass-with-shaders - recommend reading to understand the code

Just use a normal ps file from AGK. Nothing special is used.

vs file
fubarpk
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Sep 2018 10:42 Edited at: 5th Sep 2018 00:55
I have this 2D Shader for a background atmosphere
fubar
Golelorn
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Sep 2018 13:20 Edited at: 6th Sep 2018 00:20
[deleted]
LeeBamber
TGC Lead Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd May 2019 15:47
Hi All,

I am helping write a shader converter which takes AppGameKit GLSL 2.0 shaders and converts them to 4.5 as part of our Studio development work.

If you have shaders that you use in your project, and would like to ensure they will work in the next version of the graphics engine, please email them to me at lee@thegamecreators.com so I can put them through the grinder and see what pops out, thanks!

If you also want to gather some shaders from here, and send them to be, that would be super useful too!
Hogging the awesome since 1999
fubarpk
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd May 2019 19:15
Quote: "I am helping write a shader converter which takes AppGameKit GLSL 2.0 shaders and converts them to 4.5 as part of our Studio development work. "

is that a tool we will be able to get access to in the future ?

Quote: "If you have shaders that you use in your project, and would like to ensure they will work in the next version of the graphics engine, please email them to me"

Thanks lee just sent the ones I currently use
fubarpk
fubarpk on Itch...………...https://fubarpk.itch.io/
fubarpk on googleplay..https://play.google.com/store/apps/developer?id=fubarpk
CJB
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jul 2019 00:08 Edited at: 16th Jul 2019 17:58
Here's a little circular reveal shader (I don't know if anyone has already done something like this). I needed this for a project I'm currently working on and it's quite a nice one to have handy. It allows you to gradually reveal a sprite using a percentage value allowing for really precise control of the reveal. Screenshot shows an example (the weird yellow rocket thing in the corner) of what it can do.

or this one to do the same but without changing the alpha (just makes the sprite darker):

Attachments

blink0k
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Nov 2020 04:08 Edited at: 23rd Nov 2020 04:09
Pie chart shader.

The segments array controls the number of segments. If you don't have matching colors for segments they will be black.
The segment range is 0 -> 2*PI so you need to scale your values in that range.

For some reason it doesn't work when you create a null sprite and change it's size

There's a shader in there called pi2.ps where you can set the number of segments when you want an even chart

Attachments

fubarpk
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jan 2021 11:53
Mikko
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Mar 2021 19:04 Edited at: 29th Mar 2021 21:53