Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / Humble Bundle - AGK2 + GameGuru + Spriter Pro + Media + more

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
If this is the wrong place for this I'll apologize in advance, but there's a great humble bundle right now that I think the community would be interested in. Granted I'm a little dissapounted that I have an extra key of AGK2 that I just bought about a week ago but I'm glad to support this project.

I did get Spriter Pro out of it as well which is a great deal.

Just wanted to let you guys know.
Zwarteziel
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jul 2015 08:13
That's really great value! I'll definitely get it for Spriter Pro and the royalty free assets that are in the 'DLC'-packs. (Hope these can be used in products made with AGK). Thanks for pointing that out Fuller. Here's the link for those interested.
Scraggle
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jul 2015 09:23
Thanks for the link - Money well spent

AGK V2 user - Tier 1 (mostly)
BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jul 2015 10:25
Stickied and changed title to attract attention.
I woke up to this and got very excited.

Looking forward to Spriter Pro and loads of media for $12.

I think it is a wise marketing move from TGC, especially with Game Guru where there is lots of additional content to purchase.

Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum sonatur
TutCity is being rebuilt
Rings
Years of Service
User Offline
thx, Spriter Pro for 12$ is perfect
PartTimeCoder
AGK Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jul 2015 14:12
I already own Game Guru, AppGameKit, Spriter Pro and Game Character Hub ..... but for £8.70 I thought Id grab this anyway as I could really use the media ... still waiting for my redeem code .... has anyone actually redeemed any items from this site ... I'm beginning to become a bit skeptical about the whole thing!!
Scraggle
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jul 2015 14:21
Quote: "has anyone actually redeemed any items from this site"

Not yet but my redeem codes arrived in an email seconds after purchasing. I'll check them out after work and report back but I see no reason why they shouldn't work. Humble Bundle has been going for years.

AGK V2 user - Tier 1 (mostly)
PartTimeCoder
AGK Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jul 2015 14:35
OK, I kinda took it that you guys trust them so I didn't give it a second thought, Just never heard of them until today, I'll give it a while and drop them an email, there Pacific TMZ anyway so I'm sure it will get sorted when they roll into work, I'm kinda excited to get my hands on that media .... and wondering what I'm going to do with 2 licenses for 4 programs lol ..........
MikeHart
AGK Bronze Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
I bought quite a few bundles in past. They are totally legit.

-----------------------------------------------------------
Using AGK2 Tier 1
BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jul 2015 16:44
I have bought a few things from them.
You get your email almost instantly.
Check your spam folder.

I found a good use for my 100Mbps connection - there's over 3GB of media to download!

TutCity is being rebuilt
baxslash
Valued Member
Bronze Codemaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jul 2015 22:50
Just paid $25. Still very cheap! I now own several licenses for Spriter and AGK2

Using AppGameKit V2 Tier 1
BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jul 2015 23:31 Edited at: 8th Jul 2015 23:32
I spent a couple of hours unpacking and sorting the resources...

TutCity is being rebuilt

Attachments

Login to view attachments
SpecTre
Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jul 2015 00:52
Well spotted and great link, just bought them

Spriter Pro is a great bargain and have my Steam key now for AGK2.

Struggling with some of the download packs though as there must be 1000's of people buying and trying to download.

All steam keys working great. Includes mega packs etc for Game Guru.

The Amiga and Amos were great!
My website LEAP - Download Paint Pot here!
Rickynzx
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jul 2015 01:13
Thnx for the link. Bought this bundle... what a bargain.

noticed this though in the sci fi tile pack.

You may NOT use the resources in this pack for creating games made with engines/programs other than RPG Maker and IG Maker.

was hoping to use these in AGK. not downloaded any other packs yet though, so hoping that at least some can be useful to us.
Although spriter pro alone is a bargain for the price.

JazzSPX
Years of Service
User Offline
I'm actually pretty annoyed that I just spent £30 on AGK2

If I'd waited a couple of days I'd have happily give Humble Bundle £30 based on the Steam price for the product I wanted (something I've done often in the past before).
SpecTre
Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jul 2015 02:56
This is the license:

Quote: "
The Humble Game Making Bundle includes a vast variety of resources for all aspiring game developers. Although some of this content is optimized for use with versions of RPG Maker, all of the DRM free DLC packs are licensed for use with any engine, as indicated by the licenses that are packaged with their corresponding products.
At the bundle's launch, some of the DLC and asset packs were packaged with old licenses, which incorrectly stated that they could only be used with the RPG Maker. As of July 8, 2015, the correct license files — which permit these resources' use with any engine — are now included in the bundle.
"

This is the bit to look at though which is good @Rickynzx

Quote: "At the bundle's launch, some of the DLC and asset packs were packaged with old licenses, which incorrectly stated that they could only be used with the RPG Maker. As of July 8, 2015, the correct license files — which permit these resources' use with any engine — are now included in the bundle."

yuigoto
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jul 2015 11:37
I couldn't resist and got this bundle, even though Steam Summer sale emptied my wallet. Most of the software I already own on Steam, so I gifted them to my little brother.

I saw that you get a Steam key and a standalone version of AppGameKit with this bundle. The standalone is still version 2.0.13, though.

Out of curiosity: anyone knows if this standalone version will be updated to 2.0.14/2.0.14b?
CJB
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jul 2015 12:51
Good find Fuller! I now have yet another AGK2 and Game Guru license Hehe. Going to have fund with this lot at the weekend!

V2 T1 (Mostly)
Phone Tap!
Uzmadesign
BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jul 2015 12:54
Quote: "Out of curiosity: anyone knows if this standalone version will be updated to 2.0.14/2.0.14b?"

The normal process is to download from your TGC account. But I don't know how you link your HB purchase to an account.

TutCity is being rebuilt
yuigoto
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jul 2015 20:32
@BatVink: Thanks.

On HB we usually download things on their own website and below the download, when updated, there's the date/version of the download, but AppGameKit doesn't have one.

I think the only account I've ever linked from HB was on Lexaloffle's website, because of Voxatron. I've asked Humble Support to see what'll happen.

Fluffy Omelette! :9
yuigoto
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jul 2015 22:44
Ended up giving all Steam keys for software to my brother.

Just talked with "myke1net" on the support chat and he told me that standalone WILL be updated (though, not as quickly as the Steam version), even if I gifted the keys. Really nice guy.

Will most certainly buy another copy for my Steam account in the future, even if the bundle ends.

Fluffy Omelette! :9
Rickynzx
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jul 2015 15:37
thnx spectrepaul never noticed that licence.

This is brilliant, loads of stuff that can be used then.

BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jul 2015 15:51
Don't forget this one too if you want more audio resources. 10GB of free, royalty-free audio files. This is a legal torrent supplied by sonniss.com of their own licensed media.

http://sonniss.com/GameAudioGDC.torrent

TutCity is being rebuilt
CodeTrasher
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jul 2015 11:11
Today I made my first contribution for charity and purchased this awesome Bundle, as well. I already have AGK2 on Steam but damn, if I could get all of this great content by paying more than $12, why not?

Mah machine: Intel Xeon E3-1231v3 4x3.40GHz | CM Hyper 212 Evo | ASRock H97 Pro4 | 240GB SanDisk SSD | Sapphire Radeon R9 270X Dual-X 2048MB | Seagate HDD 1000GB |
8GB Crucial Ballistix Sport DDR3-1600
Ched80
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jul 2015 16:46
I thought this was an awesome deal. I've been spreading the word at work.

Impetus73
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jul 2015 10:11
I got the bundle, but 99% of the resources were crap... I only found some sounds and trees to use.

----------------
AGK programmer
Did Amiga / AMOS programming in the 90's.
bos001
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jul 2015 06:03
I also just bought the bundle. Have been on the fence for a while, but the humble bundle deal was too good to pass up. I have always been a fan of BASIC -- looking forward to learning AGK2.

Haven't sifted through the resources packs yet, but uncompressed, the files are about 6GB in size when you purchase the $12 deal.
Mobiius
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jul 2015 13:48
Why is this thread title listed at offensive?

Quote: "AGK Product Chat / Offensive / Humble Bundle - AGK2 + GameGuru + Spriter Pro + Media + more"

baxslash
Valued Member
Bronze Codemaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jul 2015 15:42
I think it's just so it stands out...

Using AppGameKit V2 Tier 1
SpecTre
Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jul 2015 23:19
Been thinking about this and not sure if this was the best move by TGC?

Great deal but with over 88,000 (and counting) bundles sold and downloaded by indie devs, the people that actually want this type of software then who will now buy it to make money for the company?

Basically this bundle includes nearly all of TGC's software and asset packs with a steam license for AGK2 with free updates too.

Maybe it might have been better to just put the Gameguru and older version of AGK2 on there with no updates to encourage people to buy in the future when they get hooked.

Just a thought

I can see Gameguru 2 and AGK3 on the horizon.

BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jul 2015 23:53
Of those 88,000, 80,000 would probably never buy AppGameKit or Game Guru. Even if they only got $1 from each sale, that's $80,000 they would have never had.

If 10% see the light and convert to the wonder of AppGameKit, that's 8,000 more people to spread the word in schools, colleges, amongst friends. More AppGameKit games out in the wild to attract attention.

Game Guru is a different thing altogether. Anyone who gets drawn in WILL buy more assets. I see it like Henry Ford - he'll give you the car for free if he gets the servicing contract.

I could be wrong. It's definitely a very different direction that TGC are taking in the last few months, but I'm sure that market saturation is the way to go.

TutCity is being rebuilt
SpecTre
Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jul 2015 00:05
@BatVink, yeah maybe you are right, I was just thinking out loud

Also TGC, not sure when, are going to start an asset store for AGK2, so they said, so that will be a big one because the asset store for AGK2 has a lot more potential than GameGuru with 2D, 3D, music, sounds, shaders, tools etc.

Also thinking out loud, think they should get on the ball with that while they have the big market share.

Impetus73
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jul 2015 09:50
I agree that an assets store for AGK2 is the way to earn money. Programming is cheap (If you do it yourself), assets are hard to get by

----------------
AGK programmer
Did Amiga / AMOS programming in the 90's.
Softwizz
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Jul 2015 15:20
Just picked this up as it ends today. Too good an offer to pass up especially if the DLC packs can be used in any engine.

Phaelax
DBPro Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jul 2015 21:18
Aw man, wish I saw this last week.

"I like offending people, because I think people who get offended should be offended." - Linus Torvalds

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-28 22:18:03
Your offset time is: 2024-03-28 22:18:03