Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / 3d shader ? shadows ...

Author
User Banned
Posted: 5th Nov 2015 19:45
haven't found any..
have any one tries something with 3d shadows ????

thank you for your time.
haliop.
Mobiius
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
haliop_New
User Banned
Posted: 10th Nov 2015 10:00
yeah I knew I can search for it
but I always have problems with shaders inside AppGameKit
sometimes they do work sometimes they don't..

I always get stuck with a lot of shader files and I just cant play with them and no matter how much I try to learn this...
I just need a good clean example ,

while youre lolling with yourserlf I'm heart broken by a shader !

ahhhh the misery
Mobiius
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Nov 2015 09:28
Shaders, the cruel mistress that she is.
nz0
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Dec 2015 01:25
Should have shadow capability natively. I've been on about it for years.
For me, developing a 3D game without shadows is not even worth considering.

I agree with the shader situation; shaders stop working between versions and tbh, if I was going to power my game via shaders, I wouldn't be using AGK
Blendman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Dec 2015 07:34
Hi

What sort of shadows do you want ?

You have :
- static shadows : the shadows can be "precalculate" on a texture and used as shadow-map. It can be applied on static object and even on dynamic objects(but it a few more complex)
- dynamic shadows : light create shadow for dynamics objects (character and other objects moving)

In AppGameKit, you can :
- use an ambient occlusion map/shadow map to have static shadows (it's a simple shader which use a multiply mode, I have post this shader in the usefulle shader thread)
- static shadows on dynamics objects : Preben has add this in his demo FPS 2015, and it works great.
- dynamics shadows on dynamic and static objects (the lights which projects shadow move) : I think, we could do this with a shader.
I search a simple example in other GLSL forums, but for the moment, I haven't found yet ^^.
http://www.dracaena-studio.com
Paul Johnston
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Dec 2015 17:08
I want to get shadows in at some point, it is likely I'll only do shadow maps on the sun, I will need to see if they are possible on mobile devices.
Jack
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Dec 2015 13:06 Edited at: 11th Dec 2015 13:12
Paul wrote: "I will need to see if they are possible on mobile devices."

It's quite hard with the current glsl version of AGK. There are a lot of shadow mapping shaders for glsl and they also work on mobile devices (some sort of), but they won't work with (afaik) 110.
glsl version 140 will be great for those techniques. It would be easy for some of us to create a giant shader library for AppGameKit once we have a higher glsl version.
Are there any limitations to that? Or have I missed something?

There are also multipe techniques for shadow mapping. Each technique is unique in quality and performance. I think, that an implemented shadow mapping shader should have some tweaks, or something like a benchmark result that decides about the quality level to get a better performance on more devices.

[/url]

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-29 07:23:32
Your offset time is: 2024-09-29 07:23:32