Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / what is goutputstream_#### file that is generated inside the AGK current project directory

Author
User Banned
Posted: 7th Nov 2015 08:35
so I was playing a bit as usuall when suddenly I noticed

some files with the name goutputstream_#### generated in the directory of the project.

I opened them and suddenly I see my entire code in those file just like what I see when I open the project in AppGameKit 2.015b
what is this ? why is it happening now ? ...

was I hacked ? I don't know..
I have searched google for these files
and it says something about Ubunto OS is creating these files now and again and they have no harmful intentions...

well I can see one as you read... If I ran the EXE and it create these files.. then AppGameKit 2.015b is not an option for releasing titles..
since the code will just show up and anyone with AppGameKit will be able to copy it and use it ... so ... sorry for the expression. but , What the HELL is this ?
bjadams
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
on what OS are you?
haliop_New
User Banned
Posted: 7th Nov 2015 15:23
windows 10
Mobiius
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Nov 2015 16:06 Edited at: 7th Nov 2015 16:07
Where are these files created? AppGameKit 1 or 2? I don't have these files in any of my AppGameKit folders.
haliop_New
User Banned
Posted: 7th Nov 2015 16:09
AGK t1 2.015b inside the project folder.. where the exe is created.
Mobiius
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Nov 2015 16:55
Quote: "2.015b"

isn't that AGK2??
haliop_New
User Banned
Posted: 7th Nov 2015 18:12
... AppGameKit 2 , 2.015b Tier 1 .
Paul Johnston
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Nov 2015 18:28
I've never seen this happen before, and I'm not sure what could be causing it. But the name goutputstream suggests they are coming from the IDE as it is based on GTK which has a GOutputStream class. Other than that I don't know.
haliop_New
User Banned
Posted: 7th Nov 2015 18:47
it happened when I ran the same EXE a few times while not closing the first ones
so I could see if I can run more instances ... so maybe its happening when you run the same application that stays in the same folder more then once.. this file might be created and deleted while executing.. I don't know its all speculations..
however the weird thing is that inside these files I was hoping to see some mixed strings mixed chars.. like any other temp file created by various systems but what I have saw was unsafe for all of us.
I have no idea if it happens on other OSs but on windows 10 this potentially may expose the code of our games .. it wrote the entire code inside these files.

I was thinking I might been hacked or something but you (Paul) say its from the ide. this is extremely important as no one wants his product's AppGameKit code out there... as then everyone will be able to compile and change.. so..
Please Paul increase the priority of this bug...
Paul Johnston
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Nov 2015 19:56
It is definitely not from the AppGameKit executable, there is no source code in there to expose and the string "goutputstream" doesn't exist in the entire AppGameKit engine. It is most likely the IDE either doing some kind of auto save or failing to save the source file properly when they changed, but without being able to reproduce it it will take a long time to track down.
haliop_New
User Banned
Posted: 7th Nov 2015 20:17
Thank you for clarifying.
Have An awesome week
bjadams
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
just copy the game exe to another folder and test there

see if the files get generated there

Login to post a reply