Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / Add HTML 5 Export at further?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Dec 2015 20:20
Hi.

Anyone know do TGC add HTML 5 feature at further for AppGameKit?

Thanks.
xCept
Years of Service
User Offline
Several years ago, TGC announced Freedom Engine, which used the same code base as AppGameKit but was web-based. It allowed creation of WebGL-based apps. Unfortunately, it never left the beta stage and I think it was ahead of the time due to the limited scope of WebGL in browsers and hardware (most other HTML-based exporters at the time rendered using HTML5 canvas which was already well supported). A lot has changed in three years time so it would be interesting to resurrect the HTML/WebGL export capabilities within AGK.

Having said that, I don't know of any immediate plans to support HTML5. Their original roadmap from 2011 mentioned HTML (and Windows Phone) as future platforms but it hasn't happened yet.
Markus
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Dec 2015 22:59
i don't think it will happen the next months.
Construct 2 is good for html5.
Monkey X can html5 too.
AGK (Steam) V2.0.15d : Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit : AMD (15.201.1151.0) Radeon R7 265 : Mac mini OS X 10.10 (Yosemite)
Behdadsoft
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Dec 2015 13:24
Thanks for replies.
currently I use Construct 2 for make HTML 5 games. but I like use one game engine for make game and publish to different Platform. (Code once and deploy)
Digital Awakening
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Dec 2015 16:55
I would love to see HTML 5 support added to AGK. There are plenty of websites where you can publish games on the web and make money. It's another platform that doesn't require any dev license. I could get my game published on such a website (through connections) if only AppGameKit supported it.
MikeHart
AGK Bronze Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
My bet, it won't happening. They tried it with FreedomEngine. They could try it with Tier2 and Emscripten but I think there is no manpower to support something like that.
I recommend using a different tool for it then.
-----------------------------------------------------------
Using AGK2 Tier 1
[a http://www.fantomgl.com]fantomEngine[/a] - A powerful 2D game framework
Mobiius
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Dec 2015 14:01
I'd really like HTML5 support. Either that or another web enabled format.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-29 07:33:59
Your offset time is: 2024-09-29 07:33:59