Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / AGK Version 2.0.16

Author
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Dec 2015 02:26
I've uploaded version 2.0.16 to the downloads area with the following changes

One big change in this update is that all the Android projects now use Android Studio, and we no longer support Eclipse from this update forwards. If you have used the Install Additional Files dialog to copy the Tier 2 files to a location of your choice then it will copy the new Android projects to that folder, but it will not delete the old ones. This is because it can't tell if you've modified them for your own purposes. The following projects in the Tier 2 "apps" folder are obsolete and no longer used, you may delete them

Another big change is that Windows 8, Windows 8.1, and Windows 10 no longer require the DirectX End-User Runtime for XAudio to work, AppGameKit will now use the version that comes built in with those operating systems. Windows 7 and below will still need the DirectX files.

Finally there is now support for achievements and leaderboards on Google Game Services and Amazon GameCircle using the GameCenter commands normally used on iOS. Because the app requires some internal values changed to work with these platforms you need to set the appropriate values in the APK export dialog and export a signed APK, which you then upload to your chosen store as a draft to test your own achievements and leaderboards. Apps broadcast to the AppGameKit Player will always be linked to the AppGameKit test achievements.

Please keep bug reports to separate threads, with examples if appropriate, as this greatly speeds up debugging and makes it easier to discuss the problem.
Blendman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Dec 2015 10:12 Edited at: 13th Dec 2015 11:12
What a great news !

Thank you very much for this excellent update, and thank you to fixes thoses bugs and for the new commands which will be very usefull.

Quote: "Please keep bug reports to separate threads, with examples if appropriate, as this greatly speeds up debugging and makes it easier to discuss the problem."
Could I suggest you should create a special forum (like "Newcomers AppGameKit Corner" or "AGK Showcase"). For example : "Agk bugs report".
I think this would be easier for you .

Thank you again for this excellent works !

EDIT :
after trying GetObjectMeshVSSource() and GetObjectMeshPSSource(), those functions are excellent, I think the creation of shaders will be boosted .
AGK2 tier1 - http://www.dracaena-studio.com
CodeMonkey
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Dec 2015 10:36
Please sort out the physics commands so that we can move objects on multiple axes simultaneously (including the character controller). Thanks
bjadams
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
super! lots of much need fixes & improvements
Paul Johnston
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Dec 2015 16:08
I've updated the file to fix an icon error when exporting an APK, if you experience this error please download version 2.0.16 again.
bjadams
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Windows 8 and 10 no longer require the DirectX End-User Runtime to be installed, Windows 7 and below still require it for audio

This was really a great fix!
arnzzz
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks for the update

Could you tell me please, whether the Android Immersive mode, true full screen option is available now in AGKv2?
Paul Johnston
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Dec 2015 00:50
Quote: "Could you tell me please, whether the Android Immersive mode, true full screen option is available now in AGKv2?"

Unfortunately not, I might give it another go now that we have Android Studio working, but if my last experience was anything to go by it might end up breaking more than it adds. Targeting API 21 the home and back buttons were transparent and covered the bottom portion of the app no matter what I tried, so it was impossible to tap the bottom portion of the app without activating the home/back buttons.
JohnnyMeek
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Dec 2015 07:08
Thanks for the update! Does the inclusion of Amazon GameCircle Achievements hint at the possibility of Amazon In App Purchases being added?
CJB
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Dec 2015 12:47
Fantastic update again Paul! I'm loving the project name in the file tabs!
V2 T1 (Mostly)
Phone Tap!
Uzmadesign
mrradd
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Dec 2015 17:13
I'm stoked about the Android Studio update--Thank's Paul!
-mrradd-
bjadams
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
yes finally AppGameKit is being updated with 2015 standards. well done

i bet it won't be long until we see win10 support
CJB
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Dec 2015 16:06
I'm trying it on Win10 right now... Seems okay to me!
V2 T1 (Mostly)
Phone Tap!
Uzmadesign
Markus
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Dec 2015 16:20 Edited at: 15th Dec 2015 16:21
@paul,
can u make that this command also work with dyn dns names at pc or a extra command that resolve host names into ip?
=JoinNetwork( "markus.dynpc.net", 1026, "Client")
=JoinNetwork(Get_Network_IP_from_Name( "markus.dynpc.net"), 1026, "Client")

(i made a test with my local pc name, that does not work.)
AGK (Steam) V2.0.16 : Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit : AMD (15.30.1025) Radeon R7 265 : Mac mini OS X 10.10 (Yosemite)
SparrowhawkMMU
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Dec 2015 10:09
Great list of improvements, many thanks.

One thing: could I once again politely request some BB10 build instructions - I still have no idea how to get a game into bar format for BB10 deployment, although I can run games via broadcast mode in the BB10 AGK2 player. I know it's not a high priority seeing as it's probably no more than 1% of users here, but BB10 support is listed on the tin, so to speak, so it would be nice for us BlackBerry devs.

Pretty please?

PS - if you do I'm happy to create some build scripts to automate the process as much as possible and share those on this forum.
bjadams
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
as far as i know BB store went offline ages ago
SparrowhawkMMU
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Dec 2015 11:37
@bjadams - no - it's still there. I use it most days for updates etc.

The web version is here: https://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore but I access it via the BB World app on my phones

They did shutter their film and music stores a couple of years ago - that might be what you are referring to.

Yodaman Jer
User Banned
Posted: 16th Dec 2015 19:40
bjadams wrote: "i bet it won't be long until we see win10 support"

Whatt are you talking about? I'm using AppGameKit on Win10 as we speak and it's running just fine. It's supported. It may not be *listed* in the supported platforms section, but it works nonetheless.
Forum President until June 20th, 2016.

Mobiius
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Dec 2015 22:08 Edited at: 17th Dec 2015 22:09
I'd like to use AGK2 directly in JAVA, so I can use all my new found java and OOP knowledge, and still get cross platform support. (I only really care about Windows and Android.)

There must be a way to use java?? right??

I don't want to use/learn c++ is the main reason if I'm honest, having to code around AppGameKit datatypes vs C++ datatypes doesn't interest me.
Hockeykid
DBPro Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "There must be a way to use java?? right??"

Technically you could use the JNI (Java Native Interface) to communicate with the AppGameKit C++ library. However, I would not recommend doing that. The JNI is not very well documented and to use it you need to have a strong knowledge of both Java and C++.

Quote: "I don't want to use/learn c++ is the main reason if I'm honest, having to code around AppGameKit datatypes vs C++ datatypes doesn't interest me."

Do yourself a favor and learn C++. I'm not quite sure what you mean by "code around AppGameKit datatypes," but since AGK's Library is written in C++ all of the datatypes are the same as AppGameKit BASIC. The only difference is that AppGameKit BASIC has a few less datatypes and the AppGameKit C++ library (unfortunately) uses "char *" instead of "strings". But if you're using C++ strings you can easily get a "char *" by using the "c_str()" method ( as in "MyString.c_str()") which will work fine with the AppGameKit functions.

Sean
Markus
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Dec 2015 23:47
@Mobiius
i guess what u want is just a java library with all that commands from app game kit.

AGK (Steam) V2.0.16 : Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit : AMD (15.30.1025) Radeon R7 265 : Mac mini OS X 10.10 (Yosemite)
Mobiius
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Dec 2015 01:09
MucMac
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Dec 2015 17:30 Edited at: 25th Dec 2015 13:44
BUGREPORT:

Loading any .B3D Object-File on iOS on iPhone 4/5 fails (Interpreter crashes). On Mac-Desktop or iPad or iPhone 5S/6 it works like a charm. Please fix

Tested it with an iPhone 4 iOS 7.1.2, an iPhone 5 iOS 9.2, an iPhone 5S iOS 9.2, an iPad Mini 2 iOS 9.2 and an iPhone 6 iOS 9.2

Converting to .obj and running works fine on all devices. strange...
--
Mac
Lead Programmer (Tier 1) - MacOSX
MucMac
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Dec 2015 17:00
Even on iPad2 there is a "crash-to-desktop" using B3D-files.
--
Mac
Lead Programmer (Tier 1, AGK2) - MacOSX - want to go 3D with agk2!
george++
AGK Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Dec 2015 20:18
Quote: "Windows 8 and 10 no longer require the DirectX End-User Runtime to be installed, Windows 7 and below still require it for audio"

What does this mean?
I've installed the AppGameKit 2.0.16 under Windows 10 and I've tried to run the template apps 2015 & 2013 with Tier 2. But the "XINPUT1_3.dll" system error is here.
george++
AGK Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Dec 2015 16:15
No-one knows about "XINPUT1_3.dll" and Windows 10?
Digital Awakening
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Dec 2015 22:17
I suspect Paul is on vacation this time of the year. He probably knows
george++
AGK Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Dec 2015 22:32
At least a response
Thanks DA
Metgame
Years of Service
User Offline
Can you please finish this guide to building APK files with tier 2 App Game Kit: http://www.appgamekit.com/documentation/guides/25_android.htm ? I am struggling with figuring out how to use Android Studio to build my Android game. I didn't have any problems with Eclipse before this update. Other than that this update is great news! Thank you SO much!!!
Kozax
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jan 2016 14:45
Great update!
I would love if AGK2 had more Ads services integrated (Chartboost, Vungle, Leadbolt, etc.) for Tier 1.
Thank you very much
Yodaman Jer
User Banned
Posted: 5th Jan 2016 19:58
Just so everyone knows, I'm not sure if it's been discussed elsewhere, but in version 2.0.15 there seemed to be some issues with arrays. Specifically, if you went to remove the most recent element, it crashed the program. This has been fixed in 2.0.16 so I HIGHLY recommend updating to avoid this bug!

hakimfullmetal
Years of Service
User Offline
Sorry if I was misinformed, but is it true that objects with limbs will be limited to 40 limbs?

If it's true, is there any way to increase/remove limbs/bone limit?
Mobiius
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jan 2016 22:16 Edited at: 6th Jan 2016 22:19
I can't seem to get a network connection between two AGK2 apps. I can broadcast to another device, but I can't create a network connection to it.

I'm trying to get my VR Zelda game to work but neither my work laptop, (which is probably blocking the ports) nor my home laptop will connect. I've also tried with the original code from Ched, (Which I know works as I've used it before on my home laptop, before I fiddled with it to get my Zelda VR code, which also worked)

Also, when I run my Zelda game in headset only mode, (head tracking without network access) The GetRawRotationVector commands don't return anything. (But the code which checks if the sensors are there reports that they are.)

I'm now getting confused and annoyed as to why it won't work!

Also, global variables are always initialised with their value, even if the program never runs the line of code which declares it. Run the below code to test it..
Crazy Programmer
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jan 2016 01:52 Edited at: 7th Jan 2016 01:54
I just noticed while creating some Types. I have 2 projects open. 1 for testing and my main project. Each project contains the same types. While creating the types over in my test project. I noticed while adding values that the test project is detecting the types from the main project.

I don't know if this should happen or if it is a bug. They are in no way linked together. 2 complete separate projects.
Edit: I'm sure its a problem with the search system. I figure the quick access or what ever you call it stores the global variables / types / functions for all open projects and doest know which project you are working on so it will bring up everything.

CJB
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jan 2016 09:35
I had something similar recently where I have both the stand-alone IDE and the Steam IDE installed (this was so I could get to the media pack downloads). If I edit a project in the Steam version and try to run it, it ignores my edits and instead compiles the version that was opened in the other editor. Maybe the quick-access thing needs to be able to distinguish between IDEs as well as projects?
V2 T1 (Mostly)
Phone Tap!
Uzmadesign
BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jan 2016 08:39 Edited at: 8th Jan 2016 08:46
Quote: "Also, global variables are always initialised with their value, even if the program never runs the line of code which declares it"

I think that is the correct way to do it when declaring values as you create globals. This is done before the main program code is analysed by the compiler.
It is just like constants; they are never run but they are declared and their value set.

Quote: "While creating the types over in my test project. I noticed while adding values that the test project is detecting the types from the main project. "

I can confirm this. IIRC, it only looks at files that are open in the editor from other projects.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum sonatur
TutCity is being rebuilt
Mobiius
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jan 2016 19:13
Quote: "I think that is the correct way to do it when declaring values as you create globals."

I don't. AppGameKit has never done this before, and I don't think it should change. Globals shouldn't be automatically parsed IMO. If you need them to act like constants, use a constant.

I use globals in all my self declaring modules, and this "feature" has caused me no end of bother, as I use a global to decide whether or not to initialise whatever module I'm calling.
Digital Awakening
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jan 2016 20:44
Quote: "I don't. AppGameKit has never done this before, and I don't think it should change. Globals shouldn't be automatically parsed IMO. If you need them to act like constants, use a constant.

I use globals in all my self declaring modules, and this "feature" has caused me no end of bother, as I use a global to decide whether or not to initialise whatever module I'm calling."

Globals have been this way for a long time now. I think since the improved compiler, but I could be wrong. I have always declared my globals outside of my functions so I was never affected by the change.
BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jan 2016 22:38
I checked in 1.08 and it didn't initialise non-running variables there. So the behaviour has changed.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum sonatur
TutCity is being rebuilt
Digital Awakening
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jan 2016 16:30
Quote: "I checked in 1.08 and it didn't initialise non-running variables there. So the behaviour has changed."

Like I said, probably during the compiler upgrade. I believe that's in v2. When compiling time went down to a fraction of what it was.
Yodaman Jer
User Banned
Posted: 12th Jan 2016 19:23
Found another possible bug.

If you use the command "SetRawWritePath" before creating any edit boxes, text will refuse to display in any of the edit boxes. If you use the command afterwards though, the text will display just fine.

Scary Little Rabbit
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Feb 2016 06:17
I've marked this and this as 2.0.15 related bugs but I suppose they both are bugs in 2.0.16 too. and I got to say second one is a real show stopper for me.
error #1:
'too many stars, too many stares. disembody.'
WIP: MIND!! free fonts for your AGKs
Scraggle
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Feb 2016 20:43
Quote: "I got to say second one is a real show stopper for me"

Me too!
Currently AppGameKit does not support anything other Windows1251 which is absolutely crazy for a modern language!
I've mentioned it before but there is still no support for anything other than ASCII.
AGK V2 user - Tier 1 (mostly)

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-29 11:29:35
Your offset time is: 2024-09-29 11:29:35