Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / Sounds not playing on iPhone 6 Plus

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Feb 2016 18:48
Hello,

I was using the fancy new AGK2 Player app on iOS to test on my friend's iPhone 6 Plus while I was broadcasting to it from my Mac Book Pro I noticed that there was no sound coming from the phone. The phone's volume was maxed, my playsound method calls' volume were set to 50, all of my ".wav" files were in the specified paths, and the path strings were all named written properly with a "../dir/sound.wav" format. There is sound while using my Mac to broadcast to my Android devices, and there is sound when playing the game on my Mac. I didn't have long to debug the issue, and lack any apple products to test with so I couldn't find the source of the issue. Could it be file format of the sound files? I couldn't find anything in the forums regarding this issue and using Broadcast. I did notice that the documentation mentions that playsound only supports *.wav, though, I'm not sure if that is up to date or not. Thanks, ahead of time.
mrradd
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Feb 2016 04:40
Error between chair and keyboard. I shelled out some money for an iPad (needed it anyway for testing), and it turns out the sound works fine. I suppose my friend's iPhone was muted even though I turned up the volume all the way I feel like a dweeb... Maybe the mods could remove this post since it doesn't really help in any way at all.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-29 11:21:24
Your offset time is: 2024-09-29 11:21:24