Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / Multiple Edit Moderation

Author
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Jan 2017 17:36
I'd like to request a change to the forum management please: Can whoever maintains this site please add a new feature that will prevent multiple edits without moderation? Say anything more than 4 edits in a row will then require moderator approval? The recent post nuking frenzy has left the board with many threads now a confused mess. I hope we don't allow this again in the future.
Scraggle
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Jan 2017 17:47
That's a great idea!
No need to mention names but I think we all know what has happened here. And it really has left a lot of threads in an unreadable state.
There definitely needs to be something put in place to ensure this kind of thing doesn't happen again.

AGK V2 user - Tier 1 (mostly)
damothegreat
User Banned
Posted: 31st Jan 2017 18:34 Edited at: 31st Jan 2017 18:46
No need

There was only 1 culprit and I sincerely apologise to everyone for my recent misdemeanours, I have had a few tough things to sort at home and been really upsetting for me and I just took my
frustrations out to a lot of people - even in the outside world.

I am all sorted now

Life lesson Quote from Me

[quote= If ones on the (outside world) constantly say to one "You are rubbish, You are worthless, You don't know nothing"... Then we tend to believe that as its always inbredded into us all and then start to think that way.. So, my philosophy now is... "Sod them all" they are no friends of mine so get shut of negative people around oneself, so can start believing in oneself again"]

Anyway - my apologies
Stab in the Dark software
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Badges, I don't need no stinkin badges
Posted: 31st Jan 2017 21:24
Quote: "Anyway - my apologies"

Accepted.
The coffee is lovely dark and deep,and I have code to write before I sleep.
MikeHart
AGK Bronze Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Like I have sugessted before, only allow to edit your post for 10-15 min after you initially posted it. That gives one enough time for spell correction (like I do). After that, no more tempering allowed with old content.
Running Windows 7 Home, 64 bit, 8 GB ram, Athlon II X2 255, ATI Radeon HD 4200. Using AGK2 Tier 1.
CJB
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Feb 2017 14:20
janbo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Feb 2017 16:03
What if you want to update Code or a Link in the first post or something ?

Using AGKv2 Tier1
Blendman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Feb 2017 16:30 Edited at: 1st Feb 2017 16:37
And what if you want to update your first post (in wip section for example) to give more recents news, screenshots, informations ?
AGK2 tier1 - http://www.dracaena-studio.com
easter bunny
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Dota 2
Posted: 1st Feb 2017 22:06
What blendman said. And also, what if you want to update your sig in old posts?

I think that since activity like what happened is actually pretty rare (first time it's happened), mods can deal with t manually. No need for an automated system.

Also @Damo,
Quote: " I sincerely apologise to everyone for my recent misdemeanours"

Apology accepted

Quote: " I have had a few tough things to sort at home and been really upsetting for me and I just took my
frustrations out to a lot of people"

I'm sorry to hear that, I hope things go well for you soon

My Games - Latest WIP
130,000 installs with AppGameKit and counting
BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Feb 2017 09:19
Quote: "I think that since activity like what happened is actually pretty rare (first time it's happened)"

Second time. The first time it was a moderator
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum sonatur
TutCity is being rebuilt
JLMoondog
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Feb 2017 17:23
Quote: "Second time. The first time it was a moderator "
....embarrassing...
damothegreat
User Banned
Posted: 3rd Feb 2017 20:27
unprofessional I know - I got the picture
janbo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Feb 2017 22:36
Isn't there a backup of the Forum ?
Is it SQL? ...could you just reset damo's empty post's ??
if it is wanted ofc

Actually I have not noticed much of the whole thing ... but now it has become a thing

Using AGKv2 Tier1
damothegreat
User Banned
Posted: 3rd Feb 2017 22:48
Yes it is possible in SQL - I can even provide the sql code to do it lol.

But don't think its necessary - if it was that bad - I would been banned by now - well I'm not.. So let this drop!!!!
CJB
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Feb 2017 10:28
Quote: "So let this drop!!!!"
Agreed.

...but it would still be nice to fix the vulnerability in the site code so it can't happen again. I think my first suggestion would work: more than 4 edits in a row requires moderator approval.
Mobiius
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Feb 2017 11:06
Quote: "ore than 4 edits in a row requires moderator approval."

That only works if you do more than 4 edits. What If I write a post without edits, then blank it?

A better option would be to check the size of the original post against the size of the new post. If the new post is substantially smaller, mod squad.
The Next
Web Engineer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Feb 2017 12:52 Edited at: 6th Feb 2017 12:54
When you edit a post nothing is deleted, we have a copy of all edits and if we needed, we could restore the original post. All mods can see the post history at any time and could edit the post back themselves as well.

We have discussed this issue internally and have decided as it so rarely happens we won't be changing the site code right now to require moderation on multiple edits.

However if it becomes a more common issue we will take action.
Windows 7 Pro, Intel i7 3.8 GHz, 16GB DDR3, NVIDIA GTX 780 4GB Superclocked
damothegreat
User Banned
Posted: 6th Feb 2017 18:18
Like I say - I sincerely apologise. I had a bee in my bonnet at the time about something with my personal life and that transferred to my working life in some ways

I have rectified these bees and wont have this again - not with me anyway.

CJB
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Feb 2017 10:45 Edited at: 13th Feb 2017 10:45
Quote: "Like I say - I sincerely apologise"
Well that didn't last long.

Please can we look at implementing moderation on multiple edits. Damo has nuked another bunch of posts and signed off with "See you in a few years time once I have had a break from you all". Nice.
Mobiius
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Feb 2017 10:56
easter bunny
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Dota 2
Posted: 13th Feb 2017 22:01 Edited at: 13th Feb 2017 22:06
Quote: "We have discussed this issue internally and have decided as it so rarely happens we won't be changing the site code right now to require moderation on multiple edits"
CJB wrote: "
Please can we look at implementing moderation on multiple edits"

I think in this particular case, simply reverting his posts and putting him on moderation should be enough. I mean I don't think Josh is going back and doing it again we aren't likely to have issues with other users.
I'm assuming users on moderation can't edit posts?

Edit: Oh looks like he's been banned anyway no need for moderation then I guess.
Well I (and many other users) would really appreciate it if his posts were reverted. It has butchered a lot of threads.
@thenext you could probably just post a thread in the mod lounge letting mods know if they see a nuked post then revert it if you feel so inclined. No need for a single mod to do the entire job right?

My Games - Latest WIP
130,000 installs with AppGameKit and counting

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-29 23:29:06
Your offset time is: 2024-09-29 23:29:06