Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Geek Culture / Forum Badges

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Dota 2
Posted: 12th Feb 2017 21:19
I've been hunting after that valued member badge for a while (anybody remember the one click reply tool for AppGameKit I made before it was a thing, I thought that was pretty valuable). If anybody feels like nominating me it would make my day

I get that valued member badge is pretty hard to achieve, so I won't be too disappointed if I don't get it lol

My Games - Latest WIP
130,000 installs with AppGameKit and counting
The Slayer
Forum Vice President
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: (Hide and) Seek and Destroy on my guitar!
Posted: 12th Feb 2017 22:08
Yaaaaaay! Got a DBPro Developer badge!
Wonder who nominated me for it...

To that person...a zillion thanks! \m/
Quote: \"Close those quotes before they start to spread!...too late! Aaaaaagh!!!
SpecTre
Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Feb 2017 23:10 Edited at: 12th Feb 2017 23:29
@Scraggle that makes sense and cheers nominated like wise.

@Stab in the Dark, "Badges, I don't need no stinking badges." - This was just calling for a badge couldn't resist the nomination and you did do the physics.
Think I should get a special comedy badge for this haha.
The Amiga and Amos were great!
CJB
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Feb 2017 09:52
I have the db-pro and agk dev badges, and I code PHP and Javascript in my day job. If anyone is in the mood of nominating
WickedX
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Feb 2017 16:58 Edited at: 25th Feb 2017 17:04
I never wanted to have to ask for these. But after receiving DBPro Master, I'm hungry. By the way thank you those responsible.

I feel the work in this thread deserves a GDK Master badge; DarkGDK - Unofficial Updates.

I have completed a couple of games. These are just a couple of obscure remakes, one uses embedded resources, which I believe I'm the first to do that. Does this not deserve a Developer and/or GDK Developer badge.

WickedX - Games Release

Feed me badges, Thanks.
Morcilla
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Feb 2017 10:24
@WickedX, You are now nominated for GDK Master

What you did is very much appreciated, keep it on
fubarpk
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: AGK is my friend
Posted: 7th Mar 2017 10:57
Quote: "I like the idea of veteran badges"

I started with dbpro
Then converted most of my DB software to GDK and finally went onto making a very large scale 3d game in GDK with map editor etc.
Then Finally I'm here with AGK

Have started to go back to setting up GDK when that's fixed again will go back to developing on GDK aswell

So hoping I can get a GDK developer one and a veteran badge when they are available

fubar
WickedX
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Mar 2017 23:48
Thank you, Morcilla. I have been considering on and off, getting back in to Dark GDK. But, with available time and My New Hobby, I really don't know if I can fit it in.
Dazzag
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Mar 2017 11:29 Edited at: 20th Mar 2017 11:30
Quote: "They used a fresh database when it finally went live. I've prolly joined 4 or 5 of these things now across the various forums over the years..."
Good point. Grief, I think I'm looking at 17 years from when I first joined the DB forum here... <Creak>... I remember asking Rich to copy over the stats from the old forum (join date is for the *new* forum), but I think he never had the time or lost the data. I remember being right gutted as I think I was like the 2nd or 3rd highest poster at the time (something like 3k of messages in a year or so), and it was a bit of a competition for the top 10 posters to post decent messages (we didn't use up the count on forum games and the like).

I never posted anywhere near the same amount after that. Good thing though, as I probably spent most of my spare time posting on here (remember before phones or tablets were really capable of easily accessing websites, so it was all on your normally desktop PC). Got kind of obsessive keeping that coveted spot on the leaderboard. Nobody was getting anywhere near Indy though. If you remember him, he was must have spent 24/7 writing messages here (and doing game logos for people, which was nice). At least I got a bit of my life back, and actually spent some time coding games after that. Thanks Rich!

Cheers

Ps. Oh yeah, and I don't need no stinking badges!
Current fave quote : Cause you like musicians and I like people with boobs.
Van B
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Mar 2017 07:52
Quote: "Ps. Oh yeah, and I don't need no stinking badges!"

Better to have and not need, than need and not have
The code is dark and full of errors
Phaelax
DBPro Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Mar 2017 11:25
After Dazzag brough up Indi, what about a badge for the most active user? It'd be an automatic badge that just floats around to whoever is the current leader. It's a pointless badge really and only serves as a sort of "my dog is bigger than your dog" kinda badge (geek culture posts would be excluded from the activity)

"I like offending people, because I think people who get offended should be offended." - Linus Torvalds
Dark Java Dude 64
Community Leader
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Mar 2017 18:29
Quote: "(geek culture posts would be excluded from the activity)"
Ahah, appending great ideas with fine print eh! My activity level would be zero, then. It's actually a pretty good idea though.
"I do quite enjoy quoting myself, and I do so often. It's very fun." - Myself
Scraggle
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Mar 2017 08:04
Quote: "what about a badge for the most active user?"

I think that is a terrible idea!
Sorry Phaelax, I see where you're coming from but in reality it will mean that people will start making a lot of pointless posts and then "forgetting" how to use the edit button so making more posts. The forum will rapidly be reduced to a mass of chaos!
AGK V2 user - Tier 1 (mostly)
Dark Java Dude 64
Community Leader
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Mar 2017 09:37
Nah, I don't think people would really go for it that hard. Especially if it didn't count posts on Geek Culture.
"I do quite enjoy quoting myself, and I do so often. It's very fun." - Myself
Phaelax
DBPro Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Mar 2017 13:51
I was hoping by ignoring geek culture that wouldn't become an issue. But now that you mention it, I do recall a time when folks were tracking their thread count (i forget the link to view it) and lots of random unnecessary posts were being created all the time so they could have the most.

"I like offending people, because I think people who get offended should be offended." - Linus Torvalds
TheComet
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Mar 2017 23:49
I feel like I earned the DBC/DBPro badges, considering the help I used to provide back in the days.
"Jeb Bush is a big fat mistake" -- Donald Trump
https://vt.tumblr.com/tumblr_o2rvwdLLSF1rmjly4.mp4
Conjured Entertainment
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Mar 2017 18:07
I was wondering about a badge for the MyWorld beta testers, since the AppGameKit reviewers got one.

Coding things my way since 1981 -- Currently using AppGameKit V2 Tier 1
BAB
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Apr 2017 16:53 Edited at: 21st Apr 2017 16:55
The code master badges!

Remember these?

Also, hello everyone!
[href=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aXYuL4yo0tM&t=4m31s]

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 15:23:54
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 15:23:54