Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Work In Progress / [X9] The Core : Chapter I – The Fragment ; Part 1

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Mar 2017 16:31 Edited at: 23rd Mar 2019 17:04
---
-
ncmako
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Mar 2017 11:00
Looks great so far Madcow02
Nice detail.
My games never have bugs. They just develop random features..
Lots and lots of random features...
Madcow02
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Mar 2017 11:25
Thank you.

No other replies ?
I know that the forums are deserted, but still.

(I've repaired the link to the third picture)
Madcow02
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Mar 2017 20:26
No posts at all ?

What's the matter ? Does it sucks ?
Mriganka
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Mar 2017 12:50
I find this extremely similar to Damaged. Not a bad thing tho.
Madcow02
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Mar 2017 14:37
Oh ?
You think it looks like Damage ? Because of the post processing ? Any advices to make my maps more unique ?
Mriganka
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Mar 2017 05:23
I think the design for The Briefcase was original. But try to make it in daylight because all the dark places remind me of the zombie games I have seen in the forums. lol
Madcow02
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Mar 2017 13:27
The first chapter is not a horror-themed one, in fact it will be more closer to Half Life than a generic horror game.
Mriganka
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Mar 2017 04:28
I'm not complaining. Just saying that I really liked design for The Briefcase. It's just a matter of perspective. Thinking the level without the post processing, it looks good tho
Madcow02
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Mar 2017 10:10
I haven't designed the Briefcase.
Without post processing ? It'll look awful and will destroy my levels' mood completely !
Mriganka
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Mar 2017 13:58
So this is not yours?
Madcow02
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Mar 2017 23:29 Edited at: 12th Mar 2017 23:30
Ah, yes I've made this. I thought you were talking about the one-level game simply called The Briefcase
Mr Love
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: MAFIA 2
Posted: 30th Apr 2017 07:13
Looks really good. Just try not to use to mutch stock media that everybody has seen already. But great job!
Wolf
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd May 2017 17:57
I find that it looks remarkably a lot like some of my older work. LINK If you browse through this thread you'll see a lot of striking similarities.

By that I mean if I where to place your screenshots in one of the late Shavra Shooter games, it would be impossible to tell that this is a different game. I recognize a lot of design choices that I used half a decade ago
This isn't necessarily a bad thing as you seem to have an eye for detail but I wouldn't dub it a good thing either as this already looks so much like a project from somebody else using the same software then.

You seem to be too early in the development process to tell but so far it also looks a bit lifeless! I'm interested to see what the gameplay could be like as that is impossible to tell from the screenshots so far.

In general I'd say that this has a lot potential, if you'd make it more distinctive.

-Wolf

\"If the mods didn’t see it, I didn’t do it!\" - Rick Bamber
Mriganka
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th May 2017 04:22
@Wolf This is unrelated but, do you have any download links for your previously made games like Shavra and other shooters (not the horror ones tho)?

Also, your game Euthanasia was featured as an indie game in CHiP (a technological magazine). I was scared af of playing the game until I found FPS Creator and after figuring out the mechanics I could beat it easy (lol).
Wolf
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th May 2017 01:42
@Mriganka: Nice to hear! I've seen it for download on their website, but was it also in a printed magazine? That'd surprise me

Quote: " do you have any download links for your previously made games like Shavra and other shooters"

Not yet! A lot has been lost to the sands of time but I am writing up an archive for my website. Once thats ready I post this in the product chat section. I don't want to hijack Madcows Thread here.
Glad to hear from your interest

-Wolf
Madcow02
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th May 2017 11:37 Edited at: 10th May 2017 14:07
Hello Wolf, yep, I've used several of your concepts. I guess one could see that as plagiarism but since most of your projects about Shavra have never seen the light of day, I think that would be a real shame to not to use them anywhere. About how the pictures are displayed, the idea came to me after watching my Steam screencaps wall, I've found that using small pictures will make a flaw really hardly distinguishable, even for a keen eye.

Anyway, the project is stopped since early April, I've re-installed Windows and I haven't made any backup of the project. I'm currently doing nothing with FPSC, I don't have any interesting idea yet.
Mriganka
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th May 2017 13:29 Edited at: 11th May 2017 13:40
@Wolf it was on the magazine CD and also the website. Congrats!
Madcow02
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th May 2017 14:11 Edited at: 10th May 2017 14:21
About my screenies being lifeless, that's because I always put the level's dynamic part after i've finished building it's whole static geometry (that includes segments, entities and lightmaps) to avoid any kind of memory leak. (In test mode and for a reason unknown to me, a level built for the first time will be more demanding than the same level already built)

I generally avoid showing characters on my screenshots because of potential spoilers.
Wolf
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th May 2017 16:37
Hello!

Quote: "Hello Wolf, yep, I've used several of your concepts. I guess one could see that as plagiarism"

Nah! I chose to view it as a compliment. Its only level and look related anyway and as you said, I've only released one Shavra game and that was very early in my "career". And this video.
(It was a full game with several levels but FPSC decided to load only the first one regardless of what I tried. )

I just see that you really know what you are doing an can probably do something great entirely from your own concepts. (Plus I want to resurrect a lot o concepts I've had in Shavra in my new game )

Quote: "most of your projects about Shavra have never seen the light of day"

Yes, that really was my drive to leave FPSC when I did. I poured too much time and energy in these games for them to just not be playable in the end. Part of it was my own fault but a lot of it was indeed down to FPSC's fragile nature.

Quote: " I'm currently doing nothing with FPSC, I don't have any interesting idea yet."

I'd be interested to see what you come up with when you do.

-Wolf

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 13:19:23
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 13:19:23