Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / AppGameKit 2017.07.19

Author
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jul 2017 13:43 Edited at: 20th Jul 2017 15:49
I've uploaded a new version to Steam and the TGC site. Note that this version contains breaking changes, the new AppGameKit Player will not be able to run bytecode from previous versions, and players from previous versions will not be able to run bytecode from this version.

The main new features are a 64-bit version for Windows, and lots of new 3D features like shadow mapping, normal mapping, 3D particles, and support for vertex colors.

Windows Tier 2 has moved to Visual Studio 2015 only, we attempted to support Visual Studio 2017 as well but it currently contains a bug that is being fixed by Microsoft. Hopefully we can support it in future.

Let me know if you have any problems.
Alex_Peres
AGK Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jul 2017 14:57
Thank you, Paul.
Please read my post about the bug in EditBox when I input the Cyrillic symbols using UseNewDefaultFonts I get this "ǹǺǻǼǽǾáƄŝǥǦƦň" (Windows only).

Kevin Cross
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jul 2017 15:00
With the breaking changes, is it just a simple case of starting a new project in the latest version and copying and pasting the code and media across from an existing project built in a previous version?

And thanks for the update. Started playing around with 3D the other day for a project and was disappointed with the lack of shadows. All of the plugins and shaders people built to get around it looked frightening
Ian Rees
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jul 2017 15:19
Getting the error "The program can't start because XINPUT1_3.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem"

Running Windows 10 Pro
E
Scraggle
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jul 2017 15:41
Quote: "With the breaking changes, is it just a simple case of starting a new project in the latest version and copying and pasting the code and media across from an existing project built in a previous version?"

That's an important one!
Can we please have an answer. It makes a big difference as to whether or not to update.
AGK V2 user - Tier 1 (mostly)
Paul Johnston
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jul 2017 15:48 Edited at: 20th Jul 2017 15:51
I've just uploaded a fixed version for vertex colors not working (they were all black). If you downloaded the update before this message then download it again to get the fixed version.

Quote: "With the breaking changes, is it just a simple case of starting a new project in the latest version and copying and pasting the code and media across from an existing project built in a previous version?"

You can use the same project files, just open it in the new IDE and update any player apps on your devices to the latest versions. If you try to broadcast code from the new IDE to an old device you will get an error message saying you need to update the player.

Quote: "The program can't start because XINPUT1_3.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem"

Are you using Tier 1 or Tier 2? It may be that you need to install the DirectX end-user runtime, also available in your downloads area.
Green7
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jul 2017 15:56 Edited at: 20th Jul 2017 16:12
I guess there is a bone limit in the shadow shader? it works for a model with 25 bones, but not with one made with 49 bones... if i use the 49 bone character then it gives me an error

Quote: "Error: Vertex shader and pixel shader failed to link: Vertex info
----------
0(6 ): error C1038: declaration of "agk_bonequats2" conflicts with previous
declaration at 0(6)
0(7) : error C1038: declaration of "agk_bonequats2" conflicts with previous
declaration at 0(7)
0(9) : error C1013: "transformDQ" is already defined at 0(9)
0(16) : error C1013: function "main" is already defined at 0(16)

Fragment info
----------
0(2) : error C1013: function "main" is already defined at 0(2)
in main.agc at line 44"

(at line 44 of main.agc i call "SetObjectCastShadow( Player,1)")

i have made the model out of the same base, one time with finger bones, one time without.
had it running with as much as 65 bones without shadows, but the 65 bone model throws the same error, reduced, same error again, and finally made it work with 25 bones. but i would love to see it fully animated
Paul Johnston
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jul 2017 16:09
Quote: "I guess there is a bone limit in the shadow shader? it works for a model with 25 bones, but not with one made with 49 bones"

Thanks, fixed for the next version.
Ian Rees
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jul 2017 16:26 Edited at: 20th Jul 2017 16:28
Quote: "Are you using Tier 1 or Tier 2? It may be that you need to install the DirectX end-user runtime, also available in your downloads area."

Tier 1 - DirectX runtime sorted it. Thanks Paul.
E
Battoad
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jul 2017 16:33
Examples at the bottom of the help files still show this error,
"The requested URL /help/comments.php was not found on this server."

See separate thread where it was reported earlier.
PSY
Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jul 2017 17:19
Yeah

awesome.

Thanks alot DEVS !!
PSY LABS Games
Coders don't die, they just gosub without return
pinete
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks a lot Paul for your effort, much appreciated!!!
MikeMax
AGK Academic Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jul 2017 17:50
Paul, this update is THE update !

I have been able to add shadows in couple of seconds in my current project ! (i will now try for normal maps :p

Amazing !

Thank you !
--------------------------------
Join us on dedicated AppGameKit WeeKChat :
https://week.chat/room/AppGameKit
nz0
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jul 2017 18:39
I am really happy to see 3D shadows at last - nice one!

However, the update to ASSIMP and the loss of LWO / LWS support is a bit of a blow. Hopefully I can convert to .X without too much bother.
george++
AGK Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jul 2017 19:53
This is a big step foreward.
Thank you for this new update.
GameDevGuy
Years of Service
User Offline
Thank you Paul & Team. I am very impressed with the frequency and quality of updates.
blink0k
Years of Service
Recently Online
Posted: 20th Jul 2017 22:39
Thanks guys. Looks awesome
Mobiius
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Jul 2017 09:28
Shadows! Yay!
Signature removed by mod because it's larger than 600x120... please resize and try again.
Ian Rees
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Jul 2017 10:02
Quote: "The program can't start because XINPUT1_3.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem"

Quote: "Are you using Tier 1 or Tier 2? It may be that you need to install the DirectX end-user runtime, also available in your downloads area."

Quote: "Tier 1 - DirectX runtime sorted it. Thanks Paul."

Paul - does this mean when we release for Windows that the DirectX end-user runtime installer would need to be run by the client, or is this only required by AppGameKit 2 to create the bytecode?

Thanks.
E
Paul Johnston
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Jul 2017 13:15
For now the user will need the DirectX end-user runtime as well. I'll remove this requirement for the next version.
Ian Rees
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Jul 2017 13:26
Quote: "For now the user will need the DirectX end-user runtime as well. I'll remove this requirement for the next version."

Thanks Paul; and thank you for your hard work with this release!
E
Rickynzx
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Jul 2017 13:58
AGK seems to have stopped working for me with this update.
i keep getting AGK.exe has stopped working
when i click on debug in the window. it says "An unhandled win32 exception occured in AGK.exe[10136]"
any ideas?
i have tried uninstalling the reinstalling, still get the same
Paul Johnston
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Jul 2017 16:23
Quote: "AGK seems to have stopped working for me with this update."

I'm not sure what could be causing that, not much has changed in the IDE since the last version. Try deleting the IDE settings in "C:\Users\Username\AppData\Local\", delete the entire "agk" folder. Note that the AppData folder is hidden by default so you may have to show hidden folders to see it.
Wilf
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Jul 2017 21:32
Quote: "- Added KickNetworkClient to kick a network client off the network, only the host can do this"

Excellent!
nz0
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jul 2017 00:58
Any info on why Lightwave support was dropped in ASSIMP?
MucMac
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jul 2017 12:37
Thanks for giving us shadows!!! You got me back into game programming on mobile phones!
--
Mac
Lead Programmer (Tier 1, AGK2) - MacOSX - want to go 3D with agk2!
Bethleem
Years of Service
User Offline
Shadows only work on desktop, yep? I´ve compiled the example provided into android apk and zero shadows in a Mali-400 GPU. :$
Paul Johnston
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jul 2017 13:53
Quote: "Any info on why Lightwave support was dropped in ASSIMP?"

We've had a few reports of blender files fail to load even though assimp has .blend support, so the theory was that we would drop support for native modelling formats and only support typical game model formats. Supporting less formats also helps reduce the executable files size. However if LWO was working well I can re-enable it.

Quote: "Shadows only work on desktop, yep?"

It'll work on anything that supports rendering to a depth texture. Some mobile devices don't support this, use the IsSupportedDepthTexture command to find out.
Rickynzx
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jul 2017 15:17

Quote: " Try deleting the IDE settings in "C:\Users\Username\AppData\Local\", delete the entire "agk" folder. Note that the AppData folder is hidden by default so you may have to show hidden folders to see it."

Thanks paul. that seems to have worked

Thanks so much
Preben
AGK Studio Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Huge shader problem ,

uniform sampler2D texture4; // and up

Cant be used by custom shaders , even if shadows is NOT enabled.
best regards Preben Eriksen,
Alien Menace
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jul 2017 19:15
Nice update, great new features. AppGameKit is really starting to become something truly spectacular. I and many others appreciate your hard work and the re-dedication TGC has made to AppGameKit recently. Looking forward to the Box 2D update, hope that is coming up next.
I love my Altair 8800 Replica.

http://altairclone.com/
FoX_MoLdY
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
My MP3 music no longer seems to play in Windows. Has MP3 support been officially retired with this release?
nz0
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jul 2017 01:10
Quote: "Quote: "Any info on why Lightwave support was dropped in ASSIMP?"

We've had a few reports of blender files fail to load even though assimp has .blend support, so the theory was that we would drop support for native modelling formats and only support typical game model formats. Supporting less formats also helps reduce the executable files size. However if LWO was working well I can re-enable it.
"

Ah, that's good news. LWO (and LWS to a certain extent) works well. I'd switched to .X for animated models in my current project (can't remember why, but it was necessary).
I've had to convert a few models to .X format since the upgrade as this is the only other option for me, but my ancient version of LW can only use a very old Japanese plugin from 2002! for .X exports. These do work, but I now have to UV map everything. With the previous LWO support, I was able to use planar mapped surfaces, which is quick and easy and conveniently worked as individual meshes in AppGameKit, which was really handy in a lot of cases.
If it's OK to continue LWO support, I would appreciate it. At the moment it just means I have to UV map even basic surfaces. Not sure if this is something to do with the .X exporter I am using, but I tended to UV map more complex models anyway.
bruced
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jul 2017 16:11
[/quote]"The program can't start because XINPUT1_3.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem"
Quote: " It may be that you need to install the DirectX end-user runtime, also available in your downloads area.""

My computer is relatively new with a Windows 10 oem release pre-installed along with Directx 12 which includes only XINPUT1_4.dll. The Directx runtime in my download area wouldn't install probably due to being back-level (Directx 9.0c).

Luckily my old computer which is also Windows 10, but updated from Windows 7 has XINPUT1_1.dll, XINPUT1_2.dll, XINPUT1_3.dll and XINPUT1_4.dll. I just had to copy over XINPUT1_1.dll and my problem was solved.

If you are really desperate and don't need the Xbox functions anyway, you can rename a copy of XINPUT1_4.dll to XINPUT1_3.dll and save it in windows/system32 or windows/syswow64. I tried this first and it "worked". This is not an advisable practice, maybe purchasing a copy from one of the many "dll" web sites is safer.
Ian Rees
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jul 2017 08:30
The issue I mentioned here ( https://forum.thegamecreators.com/thread/220063 ) with the GameCenterLogin() command occurs in this version also.

Is it possible for this to be fixed in the next release please?

Thanks.
E
Mobiius
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jul 2017 09:20
Quote: "The Directx runtime in my download area wouldn't install probably due to being back-level (Directx 9.0c). "

You can have DirectX 9 installed at the same time as 12, as they use different core architecture. (And in fact you need both to ensure backwards compatibility with older games.)
Signature removed by mod because it's larger than 600x120... please resize and try again.
Paul Johnston
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jul 2017 12:36
Quote: "uniform sampler2D texture4; // and up
Cant be used by custom shaders , even if shadows is NOT enabled."

I can't think of a reason this would fail, do you have an example I can try?

Quote: "My MP3 music no longer seems to play in Windows. Has MP3 support been officially retired with this release?"

Nothing should have changed with mp3 music in this version. I just tested an mp3 file with the old music commands on Windows 10 and it works here.

Quote: "LWO (and LWS to a certain extent) works well."

I've re-enabled LWO for the next version
Preben
AGK Studio Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "I can't think of a reason this would fail, do you have an example I can try?"

Sure try this, open the included 3d terrain demo:

Add:

Change shader to:

It will not work ( texture4-5-6-7 are always black) , if you try to use texture3 instead it do work.
Paul Johnston
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jul 2017 14:32
Thanks, fixed for the next version
Preben
AGK Studio Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks Paul,

Another shader bug:

Only:
uniform mediump vec4 uvBounds0;
Is working , the rest uvBounds1+ do not work.

Use same terrain and add:
SetObjectUVScale( 1, 1, 128, 128 ) // scale the detail texture so it repeats

In vertex shader add:
uniform mediump vec4 uvBounds1;
and use:
uvVarying = uv * uvBounds1.xy + uvBounds1.zw;

Only uvBounds0 is working, all the others is always set to SetObjectUVScale( 1, 1, 1, 1 ) default.

janbo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jul 2017 22:02
I came across those bugs too ...just to confirm them.
Shadows work on my PC, IPhone 5 but not on my two Android phones (all support rendering Depth images)

Using AGKv2 Tier1
blink0k
Years of Service
Recently Online
Posted: 24th Jul 2017 23:46
The Video/VideoPlayback example crashes
MikeMax
AGK Academic Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jul 2017 08:46 Edited at: 25th Jul 2017 08:46
Hi Paul,

Again, congrats for this version which allows me to get in the starting blocks for few 3D games I had in my bag (3D shadows was mandatory for me and now it's possible !)

i have also a little request :

Not really a problem with this version but I see that InApp Purchase can get the description of a product with :

string GetInAppPurchaseDescription ( iID )

And what about the product title ? The Google Play Console asks for both as mandatory and I would like to use also the title in my in-game shop to make it completely dynamic with Google built-in translations without the need of redeploy a new APK each time.

Is there a Google method to retrieve the InApp product title ?

Thanks in advance and keep up the great work !
--------------------------------
Join us on dedicated AppGameKit WeeKChat :
https://week.chat/room/AppGameKit
Paul Johnston
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jul 2017 20:39
Quote: "Only uvBounds0 is working, all the others is always set to SetObjectUVScale( 1, 1, 1, 1 ) default."

Thanks, fixed for the next version. Previously uvBounds1 would only be active if the mesh had a second set of UV coordinates and an image was assigned to texture stage 1, the uvBounds values will now be populated regardless of the UVs available or the textures assigned.

Quote: "Shadows work on my PC, IPhone 5 but not on my two Android phones (all support rendering Depth images)"

What are the Android devices that didn't work? Did all shadow modes fail or just the more complicated ones like cascade shadow maps?

Quote: "The Video/VideoPlayback example crashes"

Works here on Windows 10, are you using the same video.mp4 file that comes with AppGameKit?

Quote: "Is there a Google method to retrieve the InApp product title ? "

I'll see what I can do.
marvin944
Years of Service
User Offline
Shaders stopped working for my game (and got the XInput1_3.dll error, but that was an easy fix)!

Thankfully I had a backup, I was releasing the game today but it needed a quick adjustment. Due to that shader issue I had to postpone the update. Any idea when it's fixed?

Marvin
Dutch
Paul Johnston
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jul 2017 21:41
I'd need to know more information about what the shader was and how it stopped working.
marvin944
Years of Service
User Offline
Not use if you've seen my helicpter project and got the source from Richard? It's that (custom) shader.
Dutch
Paul Johnston
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jul 2017 22:27
Does the attached version fix it? Place it in "Tier 1\Compiler\interpreters"

Attachments

Login to view attachments
hoyoyo80
Years of Service
User Offline
The shadows dont show on one of my device, that is Huawei Mate 9 with Mali-G71MP8 gpu but shows perfectly on my Samsung Tab A 8.0 with Mali-T830 MP2. Otherwise, it is the best addon.
marvin944
Years of Service
User Offline
That new windows.exe does not fix my shader issue, but I've gotten some other shaders that might work now, so I'll test these first.
Dutch

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-20 00:06:06
Your offset time is: 2024-04-20 00:06:06