Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / So, has anyone tried to connect Tier 1 to the Steam API?

Author
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Sep 2017 18:02
I was looking at the Steam API and the AppGameKit plugins documentation and I just get confused and tired. I was hoping to get Steam achievements working but not sure I can manage that myself.

Steam trading cards should work as long as Steam can track the playtime right? Anyone having any luck with those?
PartTimeCoder
AGK Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Sep 2017 18:42
I did look at the steam api a while ago and started creating a wrapper for PureBasic but did not get very far as steam was added to TGC's games I thought maybe it would get added to the core before long, I will revisit the documentation and see if I can get the bindings finished but cant promise anything at this stage, cant remember offhand but I think I hit a problem where the solution eluded me at the time, I see what I can do.
Digital Awakening
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Sep 2017 18:46
Thanks!

I believe there are a few of us interested in at least getting achievements working as that can help to sell copies. Maybe cloud save too?
Wilf
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Sep 2017 21:22 Edited at: 1st Sep 2017 21:23
I second the thanks. DaZombieKillers DBP C++ plugin came up last time this was discussed: https://github.com/DaZombieKiller/steamplugin/tree/master/SteamPlugin

Maybe there are some pointers (hahah) in it?
Digital Awakening
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Sep 2017 09:02
Any luck getting achievements working?

I already have someone asking if they will be available on release and I am pretty much hovering the publish button.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-30 07:34:13
Your offset time is: 2024-09-30 07:34:13