Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit/AppGameKit Studio Showcase / Na4 update (released for free)

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Dota 2
Posted: 9th Dec 2017 06:36
Posting a new thread since the original is more than 90 days old

Na4 is now free on Android. I'll be updating the iOS version soon too.

I've taken on the feedback I've received and made the following changes:
Na4 is free with 50 levels. An additional 50 levels are available in an expansion pack (all existing users automatically unlock the expansion pack)
You can skip levels whenever you like
Tutorial is streamlined and easier
The first 25 levels are considerably easier
Aiming is less jittery

You can download here: http://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=digital.immortal.na4

My Games - Latest WIP - My Website: Immortal.Digital - FB - Twitter
130,000 installs with AppGameKit and counting
pavel_sv_1982
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Dec 2017 12:53
great. interesting game.
easter bunny
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Dec 2017 13:09 Edited at: 11th Dec 2017 04:25
Thanks! I put a lot of work into it so I'm glad you like it

Edit: In the 4 hours since it was approved on the App Store, I've already had 385 downloads. I think it's pretty clear that free games get downloaded a lot more than paid games lol

Richard_6
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Dec 2017 07:32 Edited at: 11th Dec 2017 07:32
That sounds great easter! Congrats! So are you getting more downloads on appstore? On googleplay it says 50-100 downloads but not sure if it's updated.
easter bunny
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Dec 2017 12:22 Edited at: 11th Dec 2017 12:28
It was approved 13 hours ago on the app store and I've had 1,780 downloads in that time. On Google Play the update has been out 2 days and I've had 7 downloads.
Don't let the numbers fool you though. I'm fairly sure Apple just promoted my game as "newly updated" or something like that which is why it's getting this many, I reckon the downloads will drop off soon. Meanwhile organic traffic on Google Play is mostly generated by the "More Games Like This" section on similar games. It'll take Google a while to figure out where to show my game, but once it does, the installs will pick up.

This is all guesswork of course. But my most successful game previously was Ryder which totaled 80,000 installs on Google Play (it wasn't on the app store). It started off really slow and the daily installs picked up and peaked after about 6 months. I imagine Na4 will do that same.

Richard_6
Years of Service
User Offline
Interesting, that was a fabulous install number. Do you think there was any trigger that made it peak after this 6 months?
CJB
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Dec 2017 14:14
It is rarely enough to submit a game on google play and expect to get downloads. Make a little web page for it, post a couple of gameplay videos on youtube, tweet about it with a bunch of those re-tweet type hashtags, post about it to your friends on facebook, linkedin, etc.etc. Make sure the message content is relevant and on-topic for whichever platform you are targeting. Google will look at all the links across the web that point to your game on play store, and whether those links are on relevant pages (so include links to your app in those social media messages) which all have an influence in where your game appears in the sea of other games on there. Do all that as a "freebie" minimum and your app will surely be a success. Getting the game published is just the start!
Cliff Mellangard 3DEGS
Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Dec 2017 00:20
Looks Really nice and love the game mechanics...
Android 2.3 , ZTE Skate , 480x800 , 800 mhz , Samsung Galaxy Y , 240x320 , 832 mhz , Sony ericson arc 480x854 , 1 ghz
Android 4.0 , Dmtech 3g 9738B , 1024x768 , 9.7 inches , 1.2 ghz
Captain Ouais
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jan 2018 17:49
good work !!!
I do what i do !!!
Supertino
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jan 2018 10:52
Could we expect a steam release?, I think this would do well on steam, the base game you can release free with the extra levels as paid DLC.
easter bunny
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Feb 2018 21:54
Quote: "Could we expect a steam release?"

Yep

I'd been considering putting it on Steam when I first released it but wasn't too sure. I've decided now that I might as well. I suspect this game targets a desktop gamer audience far more than the mobile gamer audience and it's well suited to being played with a mouse. I haven't made any profits off the mobile version, so maybe I'll recoup some of that from the Steam version (and even if I don't, it's only $100).

Not sure if I'll go for a free game with DLC or just have for it $1-2. I'll look into which is the best business model for PC games. I've certainly learnt that paid games don't work on mobile, but maybe PC will work better.
I'll also include a level editor for the PC version.

Not sure how long it'll be until I get around to doing this. Likely within the next couple of weeks, but I might end up taking a few months, depending how much I procrastinate lol.
I'll just need to tweak a few things to make it PC friendly, integrate a level editor, and prepare all the steam graphics. Shouldn't be too much work I don't think

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 01:04:46
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 01:04:46