Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers AppGameKit Corner / How would I begin coding an obstacle that stomps the ground?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Probably GTAO or working with AppGameKit
Posted: 7th Jan 2018 13:23
I am extremely new to AppGameKit, I've only got it a week and have been working on a test game of sorts: I am still just getting a handle on using this engine and I decided to make a meme game, where the player is a snail and has to avoid obstacles, like lizards popping out of the grass in a pattern (moving quickly down the Y axis and back again) , or the occasional feet crossing the sidewalk (walking across the X-Axis.) Despite this, I am more of an artist than a coder, I am not well-versed in AGKBasic, and the Beginner's Guide I paid extra for is more philosophy ("Write code for Snakes And Ladders, make sure you use these 3 phrases that won't apply to our program as commands") than like, I dunno, "Here is a simple example of paths, Here is a glossary with all the commands in it and explanations of what they are for!"

Are there any simple tutorials for pathing? Perhaps in writing rather than a video? The only tutorials I've seen are videos and I need something I can study quietly. I'll link the .agcs I currently am using but I haven't started on pathing for this foot because I have no idea where to begin.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Rick Nasher
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jan 2018 16:26
Perhaps you'll get more response if you add some (dummy)media that makes it easier to see what is you are after?
Phaelax
DBPro Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jan 2018 17:51
I have no idea what you mean by "pathing". Your title says you want a stomping foot on the ground. Is this 2D or 3D?
Tiled TMX Importer V.2
XML Parser V.2
Base64 Encoder/Decoder
Purple Token - Free online hi-score database
Legend of Zelda

"I like offending people, because I think people who get offended should be offended." - Linus Torvalds

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 09:00:47
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 09:00:47