Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / the spot in html

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
how can i close the window in html that appears below DBpro and over the output window?

thanks!!

edler
James H
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Jan 2018 01:10
Afaik you can't - it was part and parcel of being the free version of DBP, used to contain adverts, mine no longer does but the page is still there...which is what I assume you mean? In which case there are other editors out there, first of all there is the standard editor which comes with DBP, then there is also the Synergy editor which also comes with DBP(the one you are using) - you have to alter the Launch.cfg in notepad to choose which of the 2 you want to use "Editor=EditorNew.exe" is the line, just remove the word "New". It is not a nice editor though, for many reasons. There where other versions of Synergy at some point, maybe you will have some luck using the forums search feature finding one. Likewise you can also search for Codesurge or Indigo. My preference was Indigo, but mine no longer works, the author hasn't posted anything in a long time leaving the last mentioned bug as is and in a locked thread...which is pretty much what is stopping mine from working. I have opted to use Codesurge, mainly because a plugin I use has a bug that is apparently only present with some editors and not others, so having weighed up my own options I currently use Codesurge. Basically the plugin in question is Newton Physics and the FPS demo only works with Indigo and Codesurge from what I recall. Whether the bug is editor or plugin I do not know. There are pro's and con's to each editor that you may have to weigh up per project in some cases.
Win 7 Pro 64 bit SP1, AMD A4-5300 APU 3.4GHz, 8GB DDR3, NVidia GeForce GTX 750 1GB GDDR5, ASUS A55BM-E
edler
Years of Service
User Offline
thanks!! It works!
edler
Years of Service
User Offline
The old editor (editing launch conf by deleting "new") dont detect the compiler and I dont find were put that setting.

sorry for my a lot of questions and thanks.

edler
James H
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Feb 2018 12:44
I had no idea there wasn't a way to change compiler path for the old editor! The default location of DBP is C:\Program Files (x86)\The Game Creators\Dark Basic Professional Online. Ensure it is copied to that location/create any folders needed and it should work. If you happen to get "failed to load .dba" error on 1st compile you might need to change the security settings, so after closing the editor 1) give it admin rights via right click>properties>compatibility 2) in same properties window go to security tab, select "user" and then click edit, then simply ensure you tick the top box in the section below, then apply, close properties window, relaunch editor and you should be good to go.

I wouldn't worry about asking lots of questions, it is what this place is for. So long as folks use the search feature first(top right of each main board) and check obvious places like the stickies at tops of relevant boards then nobody here is going to be bothered. Just getting started in DBP has been known to be something of a significant annoyance to us all. Over time versions/options changed, so when I started it was mostly straight forward by comparison. If I was a newcomer today I would likely be asking similar questions, maybe more lol!
Win 7 Pro 64 bit SP1, AMD A4-5300 APU 3.4GHz, 8GB DDR3, NVidia GeForce GTX 750 1GB GDDR5, ASUS A55BM-E
Zep
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Feb 2018 06:55
Actually, with the Synergy Editor, if you can MINIMIZE the output widow before the "Ad Banner" or whatever it is loads up, you'll never have to look at it again.

I've been running like this for over a month now, no 404 add banner anymore.

It's really nice to edit with the full code screen now.

Zep
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Feb 2018 07:03
If you try to re-size the output window, or un-minimize it, the banner comes back.

if you need to look at Output window, just click the Output tab at the bottom left, use the arrows to scroll, if you need to see more lines.
Phaelax
DBPro Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Mar 2018 16:39
Or you can just download CodeSurge which works better anyway.

Here's a list of editors?
http://dbcc.zimnox.com/?page=resources

And if you really want to be geeky, you can use my editor which is compiled with DBP itself.
Tiled TMX Importer V.2
XML Parser V.2
Base64 Encoder/Decoder
Purple Token - Free online hi-score database
Legend of Zelda

"I like offending people, because I think people who get offended should be offended." - Linus Torvalds

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-24 02:52:06
Your offset time is: 2024-04-24 02:52:06