Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers AppGameKit Corner / [SOLVED] Virtual Keyboard and stand alone program.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Apr 2018 19:40
This post has been marked by the post author as the answer.
I folks, been looking through the manual on and off and on the net but can`t find the answer. i`ve seen and created virtual joysticks and buttons for use on a tablet / android. Is there a function to put a virtual keyboard on the screen to get text input or do I have to create 2 buttons 1 for each letter, enter,space and back space. Also is it possible to put the finished project onto a tablet to use when not connected the PC. i.e PC off but not through the app store etc. Cheers Guys.

The author of this post has marked a post as an answer.

Go to answer

PartTimeCoder
AGK Tool Maker
Years of Service
Recently Online
Posted: 21st Apr 2018 20:35
you can use a text input that will show the system keyboard and you can side load the compiled .apk onto your tab
Baldielocks
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Apr 2018 17:14
Thanks for that mate, but where do I find the commands for displaying the keyboard to catch the keys the keys that are pressed.
PartTimeCoder
AGK Tool Maker
Years of Service
Recently Online
Posted: 23rd Apr 2018 17:52
You don't need to, you add an edit box by calling CreateEditBox() and when on its running your andriod tablet (or any device that has no physical keyboard) when you select the editbox the system keyboard will show and any text typed will be automatically added to the editbox.
Baldielocks
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Apr 2018 19:45
Cheers for that mate, I`ll give it a go.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-25 21:44:13
Your offset time is: 2024-04-25 21:44:13