Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / Malwarebytes has started flagging and removing AGK IDE as ransomware tonight.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Just a heads up. Right in the midst of using the Tier 1 IDE tonight the executable vanished. I reinstalled and it happened immediately again after launching. That's when I noticed Malwarebytes had flagged it as ransomware and quarantined it (and all of its shortcuts). I had been in the Android Export view and did export in that way a bit this afternoon but the second time it got quarantined I had never exported anything from it yet.

TGC can report this to the Malwarebytes forum and send them a copy of the AGK.EXE file for them to whitelist.

https://forums.malwarebytes.com/forum/42-file-detections/
fubarpk
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: AGK is my friend
Posted: 20th Jul 2018 02:54
The easiest and quickest solution is to add AppGameKit to the exceptions
https://support.malwarebytes.com/docs/DOC-1130

My personal experience has been that malwarebvtes is one of the worst programs to do this
fubar
Paul Johnston
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jul 2018 15:46
Thanks for letting us know, previously we had a problem with the Tier 1 compiler getting flagged, and talking to F-Secure about it they said that signing the executable would be the way to go, and it seems to have worked. I'll try singing the IDE as well in the next version.
Phaelax
DBPro Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jul 2018 23:09
Has anyone contacted the creators of malwarebytes so they can fix this false positive?
Tiled TMX Importer V.2
XML Parser V.2
Base64 Encoder/Decoder
Purple Token - Free online hi-score database
Legend of Zelda

"I like offending people, because I think people who get offended should be offended." - Linus Torvalds

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-28 12:07:06
Your offset time is: 2024-03-28 12:07:06