Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / [SOLVED] Restart mission on death?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I'm wondering how to make it so it restarts the mission on death, so you don't respawn and there are no weapons or enemies nearby. I may look like an idiot for saying this but, I know nothing about the fpsc scripting language.

The author of this post has marked a post as an answer.

Go to answer

ncmako
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Aug 2018 17:51
This post has been marked by the post author as the answer.
Hi mikeshatter and welcome
Quote: "restarts the mission on death, so you don't respawn "

First, just so we know, which version of fpsc are you using? Sometimes it makes a difference.
To answer your question it's really easy, try this, when placing your player start marker, right click on it, set player lives to 1 (one)..that's it!
Now build your game, test it out, player should have only 1 life. When player dies...game over. But you asked to "restart" the mission.
This involves a little scripting. If you just want to "restart" from level 1, then the command "newgame" is what you would use. But to
start on the same level from the beginning one would need to do a "quicksavegame" at the very start, then when player dies
use "quitegame" & "quickloadgame" .... this would load last saved game in slot-1. For more on this please start a new thread in the "Scripting" forum
and ask away
In the mean time, here are a few links to some really great info to help you get started.
Scrpting info... https://forum.thegamecreators.com/thread/192148
The Syntax list... https://forum.thegamecreators.com/thread/180924
Also look in your "doc's" folder. The ocfpscguide.pdf is a great manual to read over. Loaded with many answers to questions
Best,

My games never have bugs. They just develop random features..
Lots and lots of random features...
mikeshatter
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks a lot ncmako, you really helped.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-18 13:32:26
Your offset time is: 2024-04-18 13:32:26