Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Geek Culture / Long live HD-DVD!

Author
DBPro Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Nov 2018 18:07 Edited at: 7th Nov 2018 18:21
I knew there were a few HD players out there for PC. I had no idea LG made a bluray combo HD drive! Bought one on ebay last week. LG GGC-H20L
Oh and it even has litescribe lol

Why? Because I still have a small collection of HD discs.
Tiled TMX Importer V.2
XML Parser V.2
Base64 Encoder/Decoder
Purple Token - Free online hi-score database
Legend of Zelda

"I like offending people, because I think people who get offended should be offended." - Linus Torvalds
Seppuku Arts
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Nov 2018 21:03
Quote: "I had no idea LG made a bluray combo HD drive! "

Neither did I and I worked for them for over 5 years lol. Well I knew about litescribe, but then they were discontinued for the UK market, which is probably why I didn't know much about them.

Though I that is pretty cool, it is a pain when a new technology is out and there is no "standard" yet, which is why I try to avoid being an early adopter, but then somebody has to be, or the manufacturers will think it's a failure and discontinue it.

4k ended up being another, when that came out the copy protection technology was kinda in the air and then when everything ended up requiring HDCP 2.2 and those he bought their 4k TV's before there was a HDCP 2.2 standard, they ended up loosing out on a lot of 4k content or in the case for TV's, fork out extra to get it upgraded. It also means that I can't watch much 4k on my monitor, which isn't HDCP 2.2, whilst it isn't 4k either, 4k content still looks amazing on a 1440p screen.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-28 13:50:39
Your offset time is: 2024-03-28 13:50:39