Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / [LOCKED] a cool suggestion, please read.

Author
User Banned
Posted: 15th Jan 2019 14:59
Hi.
So... what about if we download each other apps? (currently, I own only an android device)
so we will get downloads for our apps.
i don't mind download anything here and not deleting them so ppl here will get some downloads.
like if we are 100 developers here, so its 100 downloads for each of our apps.

do you agree?
do you want to do it?
Phaelax
DBPro Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jan 2019 15:33
So you want to fake the popularity of your app?
Tiled TMX Importer V.2
XML Parser V.2
Base64 Encoder/Decoder
Purple Token - Free online hi-score database
Legend of Zelda

"I like offending people, because I think people who get offended should be offended." - Linus Torvalds
Rick Nasher
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jan 2019 12:12
Hehehe.. Nice try.

This is actually common practice in the industry.

Not round here afaik, but lots of devs companies hire teams of low cost 3rd world workers to boast their ratings, which makes it kinda difficult to know cr*p from the good stuff as it completely undermines the rating credits system.

A pity really.
Xaby
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jan 2019 07:53
You could try to contact an Instagram-Model and ask him or her, if he or she could make a picture of there breakfast with there mobile phone next to it and showing your app. I guess, about 20k viewers could see that per "Model".
If your converion rate is about 3% that would be ~ 600 installations.

If you have 10 of these friends, you could have about 6000 installations. Maybe you put your friends into your app, so they have a reason, to download your app as well and show it to there other friends.

The next question would be "monetisation". Do you make your app for fun, than it doesn't really matter, if you got more people to download it. Or do you need your app to perform quite well, to get your investment back? If the second, you could calculate, how much you would invest, to promote your app.

If you have InApp-payment, I guess, your conversion rate is also about 3%, so if your InApp-purchase is about 3,- $ or so, that could be about 378,- $ revenue. (6000*0,03*3*0,7)

But how long have you create your app? Do you know Twitter-guys, YouTuber or other social media people, who have some followers? You could think about Kickstarter, and talk about your App, and maybe these people don't invest in your project, but download it, to try it out.
Also Google and so on, would see, how long anybody tries your app. So only downloading and not deleting is not enough. But I guess, developers have all there own projects and have little time for that. Because we also would have to install 100 apps. Let's say 10 min. with download, try commenting and so on.
1000 min. That are more than two complete working days. It is nearly the same amount you could create a Ludum Dare game and show your app there and there are 1000 people, who possible try out your app.

I guess, your need more someone like a "Let's Player".
The Next
Web Engineer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jan 2019 11:11
Requesting fake downloads/likes/comments/reviews or similar is not allowed and will be considered spam.

This thread has been locked please don't post a request like this again. Also off topic titles such as this are against the forum AUP.
Windows 10, Intel i7 4.2 GHz, 16GB DDR4, NVIDIA GTX 780 4GB Superclocked

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-23 13:55:13
Your offset time is: 2024-04-23 13:55:13