Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / Tinkering with the visuals of AGK2

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Feb 2019 14:51 Edited at: 3rd Feb 2019 14:52
Me, I prefer the dark color themes. Right now I'm using 'Geany Tango Dark'
The font I use is 'Droid Sans Mono'. I have set Scroll Lock to 'Toggle all additional widgets'. Combined with F11 it gives some more vertical screen estate. (See attached. Set your browser to fullscreen (F11?) to see what it looks like for me)

Still, I would have preferred a pure text mode. The Windows GUI is distracting with a dark color theme.

When writing non-code, I have found that I'm way more effective if I disable the internet, so I have nothing to distract me. I write eventual internet tasks down in a notebook so I can do them later. It might also be worth going offline when I code, too. Being constantly online is something we take for granted today, but it is in no way a requirement for a computer to function.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
xCept
Years of Service
User Offline
Years ago when AppGameKit started using Geany I put together a 100% dark theme including the GUI (which you can't do directly through the editor). Here is what mine looks like:

If interested, attached is the ZIP containing the files I use. You can drag them right into your AppGameKit install directory and replace the existing files and all should work fine (make a backup first, of course). Then go to View > Change Color Scheme > AppGameKit Dark (it is a custom variant of the default AGK). Finally adjust your font in View > Change Font (I use Consolas Regular 12pt).

Attachments

fubarpk
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: AGK is my friend
Posted: 11th Feb 2019 10:43
Looks great xCept
fubar
Rick Nasher
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Feb 2019 16:39 Edited at: 11th Feb 2019 16:50
blink0k
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Feb 2019 20:58 Edited at: 11th Feb 2019 21:00
I did a little mockup of what i thought the icons should look like
Left to right: New, Open, Save, Save all, Export Android, ios, html, Revert, back, Forward, Search, Replace, Compile, Run, Broadcast, Debug, No idea, Visual editor, Help

Attachments

fubarpk
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: AGK is my friend
Posted: 12th Feb 2019 00:21
@blink Looks good but with my eyesight getting older I need the fonts used in programming to be clearly distinguishable

Rick Announced all 117 that applied for AppGameKit Studio will be given a trial later next week which im looking forward to testing some of my ready apps

I kinda like @Xcepts colors of the fonts clear and easy to read but ide opt for a different font

fubar
Zwarteziel
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Feb 2019 07:21 Edited at: 12th Feb 2019 07:22
Hi all,

I've been away for a long time, but recently fired up AGK2 once more. Looking forward to coding once more. Here is a link to a thread with several dark themes + matching IDE borders I made.

https://forum.thegamecreators.com/thread/216961

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-26 20:48:01
Your offset time is: 2024-04-26 20:48:01