Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Studio Chat / Well done...

Author
User Banned
Posted: 1st Mar 2019 19:21
I work in Visual C# making Applications for company i work for and it is always nice to see new developed software been deployed out - do it all the time..

Ok there will always be niggly issues here and there but keep up the good work TGC

Well impressed
Tier 1 Developer
Pfaber1
Years of Service
Recently Online
Posted: 6th Mar 2019 21:25
Hi puzzler had no idea you were a professional programmer , from your perspective how do you rate AppGameKit compared to Pure basic . I like to think AppGameKit is better and that's why I use it . Looked at Pure basic a while ago and it seems pretty good but I don't think it's as versatile in that it doesn't offer as many options for deployment . To be honest I've only made stuff for windows so far but might look at phones in the future . What I did like about pure basic is it says the entire basic language is implemented along with an additional 1400 commands . Had AGKclassic for just over a year now and written a few programs the first few weren't very good but I'm still progressing and getting better with every new project. Any thoughts .
puzzler2018
User Banned
Posted: 6th Mar 2019 21:33 Edited at: 6th Mar 2019 21:35
Hi and thanks - yeah i love programming, started when i was 8.. and always wanted to go into the field - its my life long passion (even for work too) so my dreams come true...

I used to programme on the Spectrum and the Amiga 500 with AMOS.... Once that got depricated back in 1992. I was seriously lost... found many relationships which failed which caused my games programming come
to a dead standstill until about 2 year ago - am 42 now, i was just browsing around and found the AppGameKit beast.. Havent stopped since...

I most recommend AppGameKit (for me)... but everyone prefers their own you see.. is what ever makes you comfortable working better with.

Meaning - everyone needs to find there own right product for them..
Tier 1 Developer
puzzler2018
User Banned
Posted: 6th Mar 2019 21:59
How about you Pfaber1
Tier 1 Developer
Pfaber1
Years of Service
Recently Online
Posted: 6th Mar 2019 22:58
Well for me it's just a hobby but maybe I'll hit on the right idea and it'll become more . I started on the zx81 then a few computers later I bought the Atari 520 ste and stos. I'm 51 now and really glad I found AGK. The only improvement I would really like to see for AppGameKit is a full compiler ie without the bytecode . Having said that AppGameKit is no slouch and if used well is plenty fast enough . Still pondering on whether to upgrade to studio and guess I will as to support vulkan. I think stos and amos were pretty much the same thing . Pure basic is something I was looking and from what I've seen isn't dissimilar to AppGameKit although I think although I could be wrong that it compiles to machine code which I think is where AppGameKit should be going next . I've had AppGameKit classic for just over a year now and am pretty impressed. My last game I had to slow down to play on my desktop as it was running too fast to be able to play properly . Enjoy your evening .
puzzler2018
User Banned
Posted: 6th Mar 2019 23:04
Excellent.

Did we know that Francois developing AMOS 2

https://forum.thegamecreators.com/thread/223170
Tier 1 Developer
Cybermind
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Mar 2019 13:20
Chiming in here, I also love AGKC and I am looking forward to moving on to AGKS AppGameKit has made development much easier for me, and I've released my first two games using AGKC.
13/0
GaborD
Years of Service
User Offline
AGK has become my favorite engine. You can iterate very quickly and while it remains simple to use it still offers a lot of power under the hood.

nonom
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Mar 2019 16:54
Well done what, did you tested anything?
nonom
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Mar 2019 16:55
C# is only for Unity newbie coders, yet another runtime of C.
puzzler2018
User Banned
Posted: 9th Mar 2019 17:42
Subtly moving on...
Tier 1 Developer
puzzler2018
User Banned
Posted: 9th Mar 2019 23:14 Edited at: 9th Mar 2019 23:16
I dont do bullies so pleasantly these days - no need for it... I cant help to to be helpful nor i cant help learning AppGameKit more quickly than potentially others who finds it a struggle to learn it

There was no reason to behave is such a bad behavior

Very disappointing..
Tier 1 Developer
puzzler2018
User Banned
Posted: 10th Mar 2019 00:39
The reason for ban is because this person reluctantly spread ed my personal details without my permission

Come back as a better person please

Tier 1 Developer
The Next
Web Engineer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Mar 2019 13:48
@puzzler2018

Please don't double post, please also leave the issue behind you now it doesn't need a discussion we have issued the ban and that is all need be said on the subject. Best just ignore it.
Windows 10, Intel i7 4.2 GHz, 16GB DDR4, NVIDIA RTX 2060

Phaelax
DBPro Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Mar 2019 19:16
Quote: "C# is only for Unity newbie coders, yet another runtime of C."

He couldn't be more wrong.

If you wrote on an Amiga 500, then you're a lot older than I thought! I had one when I was about 8 and SEUCK was about the extent of "programming" I did on it.
Tiled TMX Importer V.2
XML Parser V.2
Base64 Encoder/Decoder
Purple Token - Free online hi-score database
Legend of Zelda

"I like offending people, because I think people who get offended should be offended." - Linus Torvalds
baxslash
Valued Member
Bronze Codemaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Mar 2019 09:42
Quote: "C# is only for Unity newbie coders, yet another runtime of C."

Haha, love this quote. Also agree couldn't be more wrong. C# is a strong language used in thousands of leading applications. This was written by someone who ONLY knows about coding games.
Unity uses it as a scripting language and does not represent what C# is good for. I work in the CAD software industry where C# and other .Net languages are often used for APIs where it is a way of ensuring ease of access to core code without risking stability. Managed code doesn't mean dumb either as you can do a hell of a lot of elegant OOP stuff with C#.

Back on topic, I would also love to say Well Done to the team behind this. Having worked on quite a few scene editors and other tools for AppGameKit and DBPro in the past I can attest to the hard work involved in getting this far!
Using AppGameKit V2 Tier 1
nonom
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Mar 2019 18:13
Probably I was rude answering this post. Sorry guys.
baxslash
Valued Member
Bronze Codemaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Mar 2019 13:00
We all say the wrong thing sometimes, me included
Using AppGameKit V2 Tier 1
puzzler2018
User Banned
Posted: 12th Mar 2019 17:23
Let sleeping dogs lie as they say and dont worry about it anymore - im not