Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / [SOLVED] 3D Visual Editor

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I was wondering does AppGameKit have a 3D visual editor? I admit, I like AppGameKit because I like the fact that I get to code in BASIC; BASIC is my favorite programming language to make games in, I used to make games in BlitzBASIC and I feel more at home using BASIC. But, the only thing that has been stopping me from making my games in AppGameKit is it doesn't have a 3D visual editor. That is, a 3D visual editor would save me a lots of time for when I'd want to move things around in my scene. I don't want to download that heavy GameGuru program. Thus, I have been stuck with Godot.

Hence, I have another question for those who make their 3D games with AppGameKit on here: How do you make your games without a 3D visual editor in a fast enough manner that would be on par with making 3D games in Godot or Unity? What are some timely alternative ways to make games without a 3D editor? Any ideas would be great!

Thanks

The author of this post has marked a post as an answer.

Go to answer

GaborD
Years of Service
User Offline
I usually build the entire scene in Blender. If you use FBX to get your models to AppGameKit, their position/scale/rotation will remain intact, so you don't even need to type in any coordinates. If you set the exporter options in Blender correctly, 1 Blender unit (meter) will be 1 AppGameKit unit, which makes placing spawn locations, particle effects, etc really easy because you can look up the positions in Blender and they carry over 1:1.
If you are instancing models, then you will have to copy/paste the position, scale and rotations over ofcourse. But that's a quick thing to do.
This also gives me the opportunity to quickly render images of how the lighting in the full scene should look, so that I have a reference for setting up and tweaking lighting in AGK.
I do however plan to write a quick reusable placement editor in AppGameKit for my projects, because it will make things even faster and more flexible. I think ultimately that's the way to go.
En929
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks GaborD,

I went ahead and bought AppGame kit Studios a few minutes ago and Blender would be great at least until AppGameKit gets a descent scene editor of its own.
blink0k
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Mar 2019 20:04
This post has been marked by the post author as the answer.
En929
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks BlinkOk, I went and downloaded the file.
fubarpk
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: AGK is my friend
Posted: 10th Mar 2019 03:01
no where near as good as AGE3D but I created this one

A bare bones 3D Placement editor EDITED

Keys
F1 load an object and then an image to assign to it
f2 save test.data
L to delete all and load objects as set in test.data
<, > rotate object
+,- scale object
w,a,s,d,shift move camera
Clicking and holding mouse rotates mouse around its position
Right Clicking an Object moves camera to concentrate on that object (ie so it would rotate around that object)
arrow keys ,shift move current object

Function
creates a test.data file that can be later used in your program that can load a series of objects
saving there name, scale, xangle, yangle, zangle, xpos ypos, and zpos

Note: It will save the file test.data in the same directory as the last object loaded

Using the data You could then use this function in your program to load position rotate etc your objects
fubar
Rick Nasher
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Mar 2019 23:25
When I launch AGE3D it gives me:

and then:

Perhaps I didn't read the fine print, but is there something I need to do to get this working or is it supposed to work straight from box?
puzzler2018
User Banned
Posted: 12th Mar 2019 23:34
that looks like file path issues to me - it cant find files - do you have raw: <to somewhere else> in your code
Tier 1 Developer
blink0k
Years of Service
User Offline
Rick Nasher
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Mar 2019 22:39
Pretty cool!
Wouldn't be surprised as would be used as AGK-S's world editor in som form.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-25 05:09:10
Your offset time is: 2024-04-25 05:09:10