Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Studio Chat / Someone explain what Studio is?

Author
DBPro Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Mar 2019 02:04
Is it anything more than AppGameKit with a scene editor or what? Does this mean I shouldn't expect any updates on AppGameKit anymore and I'd have to buy a new product to just keep doing the same thing?
Tiled TMX Importer V.2
XML Parser V.2
Base64 Encoder/Decoder
Purple Token - Free online hi-score database
Legend of Zelda

"I like offending people, because I think people who get offended should be offended." - Linus Torvalds
fubarpk
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: AGK is my friend
Posted: 25th Mar 2019 03:16
My understanding is we will still get bug fixes and updates to things that may change ie google play settings etc to AppGameKit classic
But the main development will be on AppGameKit studio which will use the newer vulkan engine. AppGameKit studio will also have the ability
to use the classic engine for backward compatability. But the main development will be on the new engine. Its better to preorder
if your planning on moving over as they plan on increasing the price. (each month I believe until release) you can still get a steam
version for automatic updates if you select that when you checkout but you wont get the key until its released but you will have
access through the tgc site to alpha releases
fubar
fubarpk
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: AGK is my friend
Posted: 25th Mar 2019 03:18
As for the IDE itself it has some great stuff added like 2d Placement tool builtin and what I love is the ability to have watches
on your variables and step through code when you a executing it making debugging much better
fubar

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-16 22:23:54
Your offset time is: 2024-04-16 22:23:54