Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

DarkBASIC Professional Discussion / Problems installing on Win10

Author
DBPro Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Apr 2019 06:23
So I've just gotten around to installing DBP back onto my newer PC and was too lazy to find my CD and downloaded it from github. I installed Dark Basic Pro Binary 120216 and when I tried to launch it I got the following error about 100 times at once.

I then tried launching the "new" editor but the majority of keywords aren't highlighted. Even more annoyingly, the editor's file menu won't show nor access mapped network drives.

Is there another patch floating around somewhere that works better?
Tiled TMX Importer V.2
XML Parser V.2
Base64 Encoder/Decoder
Purple Token - Free online hi-score database
Legend of Zelda

"I like offending people, because I think people who get offended should be offended." - Linus Torvalds

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Raven
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Apr 2019 08:54
http://resource.liandri.eu/download/darkbasic%20professional.zip

Unzip to any Folder
Run Launch.exe (main directory) or DBPEditor.exe (editor directory)
Tools > Options > Set Compiler Directory [UnzipDirectory]\Compiler\DBPCompiler.exe
Tools > Rebuild Keywords

And... you're all set.
Now as a quick note., there are some issues with running it on Windows 8.0, 8.1 or 10.0 64bit … mainly because it's a 32bit Codebase with 64bit 'extensions' that were added sometime after fully support ceased (somewhat as an afterthought).

All of the 64bit Variables work "As-Intended" but the others., well they exhibit some interesting and funky behaviour.
It's something I plan to look into when I have time.
Phaelax
DBPro Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Apr 2019 22:21
When you do it'd be a good idea to make a post showing all the incompatibilities (with possible solutions if any). Thanks for the link.
Tiled TMX Importer V.2
XML Parser V.2
Base64 Encoder/Decoder
Purple Token - Free online hi-score database
Legend of Zelda

"I like offending people, because I think people who get offended should be offended." - Linus Torvalds
lilly909
Years of Service
User Offline
After updating my acer laptop from windows 8 to windows 10 Windows detected acer laptop hard drive problem. Can anyone provide me a valid solution to fix this issue?

locecode
Years of Service
User Offline
Phaelax, You have to run it in administrator mode, if not give your self write permissions in that directory, this is your problem.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 15:15:14
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 15:15:14