Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers AppGameKit Corner / Programming and Testing MultiPlayer Game

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jun 2019 00:33
I have tried every search term I can think of but have not been able to find the answer to what is probably a very easy problem. How do I check the code for each of the players ? For example, I want each player to do something with a card in turn--take one from the deck or take one from a discard deck or simply flip a card in his playing space. So, how do I go about being each player in turn so I can perform the operation and see that it works? Do I need to have a separate computer for each player? Or do I somehow run multiple instances of the game? Or what? If you can point me to any sample code that would be most helpful. Thanks.
fubarpk
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: AGK is my friend
Posted: 20th Jun 2019 01:58
I would create my own player type and put what you need to be different for each player in a player_type

fubarpk
fubarpk on Itch...………...https://fubarpk.itch.io/
fubarpk on googleplay..https://play.google.com/store/apps/developer?id=fubarpk
Phaelax
DBPro Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jun 2019 20:18
You could do a virtual machine then play as both people.
Tiled TMX Importer V.2
XML Parser V.2
Base64 Encoder/Decoder
Purple Token - Free online hi-score database
Legend of Zelda

"I like offending people, because I think people who get offended should be offended." - Linus Torvalds
CandyMan
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Jun 2019 05:06
Thanks, FUBARPK. I have the structures developed for the Player and Deck types that I think will work with the game. Phaelax has hit more to the point. Would Amazon's EC2 or LightSail be appropriate platforms to use? I realize that I may have bitten off more than I can chew. While I have written a lot of code over the years, I have never worked with virtual machines and I'm not sure how to proceed. Can anyone direct me to some tutorials? While using AppGameKit Studio on my Windows computer I click on Run and can see what I have done. I presume that I need to develop code similar to that in https://www.appgamekit.com/documentation/examples/multiplayer/0_getting_started.htm and using a web based approach. But, that's not enough for me to get started. I truly need to sit at the feet of the masters and learn this from the bottom up.
smallg
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Jun 2019 21:58
if it runs on pc run the .exe file in your project folder
life's one big game
spec= i5 4ghz, 16gb ram, Nvidia 1070ti gpu
smerf
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jul 2019 01:50 Edited at: 10th Jul 2019 01:52
candy man agk will export to html 5. so it can run in a web browser. agk is simple compared to other languages. as far as running in the cloud thats alot to tackle as a beginner ull need to develope a back end server in a web language that can be hosted. but u could also use agk for that. you can have 10k clients easily talking to one game host and all taking turns without any virtualization. unless ur intention is to run multiple servers and thousands of clients split between servers. the answer your original post is run instances of ur game. no reason u cant launch 100 clients from the same pc along with a server without virtualization
A child's dream never dies.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 15:26:31
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 15:26:31