Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit/AppGameKit Studio Showcase / [WIP] G-Breaker (break-out clone)

Author
Years of Service
Recently Online
Posted: 18th Aug 2019 08:33 Edited at: 29th Apr 2020 09:47
something i've started tinkering with using built-in physics; just the basics for now:

early video:

i've seen mention elsewhere about a speed cap on box2d. take a look at SetPhysicsScale() - i've had this cranked up to "unplayable"

win-demo attached (hard-coded to a "medium" difficulty, "infinite" play).

[left/right] arrows to play.

if anyone knows where this bubble shader came from, i've found the author: Ched80

Attachments

Login to view attachments
fubarpk
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: AGK is my friend
Posted: 18th Aug 2019 08:52
looks similar to the atmosphere shader in BlockLifter 3D
if the ps file looks like this

it may be one I converted quite a while ago from glsl sandbox but with the colors modified if it is no need to give credit
fubarpk
fubarpk on Itch...………...https://fubarpk.itch.io/
fubarpk on googleplay..https://play.google.com/store/apps/developer?id=fubarpk
Virtual Nomad
Years of Service
Recently Online
Posted: 16th Dec 2019 08:45 Edited at: 16th Dec 2019 21:07
I'm still working on this as a Box2D exercise and HTML testing ground, among other things.

surprisingly, it holds up well-enough in HTML (playable) with some (so-far) minor issues (sound instance rates). give it a try and let me know what you think?

the work has been mostly physics tweaks and testing, with the only notable additions of (subtle) particle effects & block fade.

i've also written a background generator utilizing bits from the giant asset pack to go with this. i'd like to expand & generate them in-game if i come up with something to protect the media.

i can claim all media, now, as well, with the exception of the bubble shader (found somewhere on the forum).

otherwise, i should have a new WIN version up by the end of the month, and an android version as well; i'll add highscore recording and post when it's ready.

and, current windows version on auto-pilot:

G-Breaker WIP and Itch.io Page.
Kevin Cross
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Dec 2019 12:48
Please don't take offense to this but that effect behind the ball would drive me crazy really really quickly. I think it would look a lot better without it, or maybe to use it at certain points, like after certain events
OryUI - A WIP AGK2 UI Framework
Virtual Nomad
Years of Service
Recently Online
Posted: 19th Dec 2019 17:39
thanks for the feedback, kevin. i'll make the effect optional.
G-Breaker WIP and Itch.io Page.
Virtual Nomad
Years of Service
Recently Online
Posted: 25th Apr 2020 03:43 Edited at: 25th Apr 2020 03:44
while development of g-breaker is currently suspended, i want to properly credit Ched80 for the bubble shader which was part of Shader Suite, an entry into a TGC Competition.

it took some sleuthing which eventually led to this 2014 Newsletter where the author's name "rang a bell". Thanks Ched80, and Google!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 15:14:52
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 15:14:52