Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Studio Chat / [SOLVED] Trial'n Error! Invalid Floating Point Number "100.0f"

Author
AGK Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Nov 2019 18:23
Hi, I have been away from AppGameKit for a while and have revisited with intention of purchasing studio and saw there was a trial demo, so before spending £70+ I decided to check out the trial and see if studio meets my needs and expectations and immediately ran into issues.

Any scene I create in any project generates an error: Invalid Floating Point Number "100.0f" and points to a line of code that contains the below:

First I installed the download version and encountered the error so uninstalled and installed the steam demo to see if anything changed and I had the same results with both.

Is this a known bug and how can I fix it?

The author of this post has marked a post as an answer.

Go to answer

Jeff Miller
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Nov 2019 19:28
"f" is used in the help files to denote a floating point number. It is not intended to be part of it. Try 100.0 instead.
PartTimeCoder
AGK Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Nov 2019 07:24
This code is auto generated by the scene editor, I can not change it.
PartTimeCoder
AGK Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Nov 2019 18:35 Edited at: 6th Nov 2019 18:46
BUMP @ TGC

This is a show stopper for me I can not use the scene editor output in the Demo , Does nobody else get this problem?

Edit:

for clarity....

inside the "_fade" function generated for the scene, 3 lines below the function declaration = "fMul = percent / 100.0f", multiple scenes produce further erroneous _fade functions for each scene

Card In Hand waiting to buy Studio so its fair to say this issue is affecting sales! lol
tiresius
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Nov 2019 22:02
This is a known issue although sounds rare. I don't know if it is reported on github.

https://forum.thegamecreators.com/thread/225099
Workaround is to remove the "f" and save source. Someone in that thread made it sound like once removed it doesn't come back?
PartTimeCoder
AGK Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Nov 2019 18:56
No its a one time fix and the file has to be closed, the moment I open it AGKS Demo adds the "f" right back, edit scene, save, remove "f", save again, close, run app, rinse and repeat every time I want to run my changes.

I am getting this on 2 Windows 10 systems both my desktop and laptop produce the same result, I think the trial demo is broken!
blink0k
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Nov 2019 23:02
If you want to pm me an example i can see if it happens in the production version
PartTimeCoder
AGK Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Nov 2019 11:26
This post has been marked by the post author as the answer.
Well I decided to take a leap of faith and assume this issue was with the demo only and it paid off as all works as expected, there is absolutely something wrong with the demo.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 10:21:33
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 10:21:33