Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Studio Chat / fbx objects not fully loading

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jan 2020 02:00 Edited at: 9th Jan 2020 12:52
I have noticed AppGameKit only now partly loads meshes that are animated, but ok if not and just .obj..
I correctly use loadobjectwithchildren on the fbx files, what i get is this in my 3d engine:
The white cube is just my 3d cursor...

And this is the same model in blender,downloaded as a .blend already with the animations:

I tested with someone else's model after finding same issues with my own
This used to be ok but cant remember when,here is an example from an older version of my 3d editor:

The original .blend file is here
the fbx file exported from that file is here
am using blender 2.78
In both the model of the lever used above and my own,it displays only the parts of the mesh that have been animated, not the rest of the static mesh
Hail to the king, baby!
blink0k
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jan 2020 21:23
shadey
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jan 2020 23:03 Edited at: 9th Jan 2020 23:04
it used to be fine cloning objects with children,as the last video shows in an earlier version of AppGameKit 2, but not so now, I suppose I can simply use 2 objects,the animated bit and another for the static bits
on the plus side it makes the raycasting more strict to just the actual lever bit!
Hail to the king, baby!
smerf
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jan 2020 00:43
i cant even load fbx objects to test just get load errors.

shadey
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jan 2020 13:05 Edited at: 10th Jan 2020 13:15
well,tried a few things now,even just adding a couple of bones and not animating, but it seems AppGameKit does not clone objects that have children anymore, kinda makes my engine dead for now..
I have still gone ahead to code the logic of opening the door!

tricky to record with one hand,i need a tripod or something!
Hail to the king, baby!
shadey
Years of Service
User Offline
ok I got a fbx model from ceating one using Mixamo with all the animations,and they work,so i must be missing steps myself to do in blender
Hail to the king, baby!
smerf
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jan 2020 16:13
well if its mostly animations ur having trouble with agk wont support multiple animations in a file as far as i know. in blender i manually add animations in the nla and dope sheet editors to create a single long animation sequence before exporting. needs to be the first and only animation in the file and named. aditional animations get added on to the end of the existing ones in blender. then they are called by frame position in agk.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-20 08:23:27
Your offset time is: 2024-04-20 08:23:27