Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / [SOLVED] Any way to downgrade AGK?

Author
DBPro Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th May 2020 23:22
I have a ton of older agk programs I've done and none of them seem work now. I'm also guessing the .agk file wasn't always created, because the editor looks for this I don't have it for any of my older stuff. I tried copying an agk file into one of my older folders and when I open the program in the editor to compile it, it deleted everything in my media folder. So now I have a game that's lost all image files. Most of my older stuff is already compiled but none of it will run. A window opens then just closes. I'm on Win10.
Tiled TMX Importer V.2
XML Parser V.2
Base64 Encoder/Decoder
Purple Token - Free online hi-score database
Legend of Zelda

"I like offending people, because I think people who get offended should be offended." - Linus Torvalds

The author of this post has marked a post as an answer.

Go to answer

SFSW
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th May 2020 00:38 Edited at: 11th May 2020 00:39
The easiest work around would be to simply open your source file in notepad or any text editor, then start a new project in the current AGK-IDE with the name of your project. A folder with your project's name will be created (in the \Projects folder) as will a new 'main.agc' source code template and project file. Then with the main.agc file open in the IDE, copy the source code over from the text editor into your project's code field, replacing the default code that's there. Then save and launch your project. All of the necessary project file settings will be applied by the IDE that way with your source code now bound to the project and you can keep your original source code in place for future reference.
Dark Raven
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th May 2020 04:44
This post has been marked by the post author as the answer.
If the projects were the .cbp extension then you should be able to import them in classic's ide under the file menu there is a menu item called Import AppGameKit project. This converts the cbp project to agk. I can't guarentee that everything works but it has on some of my older projects.
Phaelax
DBPro Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th May 2020 02:51 Edited at: 12th May 2020 02:59
I didn't notice there was an import option. That's a start. Now I gotta fix all the syntax that used to be acceptable that's no longer allowed.
Tiled TMX Importer V.2
XML Parser V.2
Base64 Encoder/Decoder
Purple Token - Free online hi-score database
Legend of Zelda

"I like offending people, because I think people who get offended should be offended." - Linus Torvalds

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 18:59:05
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 18:59:05