Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / FPSC Media Launcher

Author
FPSC Reloaded Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jun 2020 01:42 Edited at: 26th Aug 2020 00:49

Hi all! I have been working on a new tool for FPSC. I am calling it the FPSC Media Launcher!

What Does It Do?

Well, like most launchers, it gives the option to launch whatever media you choose. This one is focus primarily on FPSC content.

Why Is It Needed?

I was recently told that in some countries my website is blocked. Not so much my website, but the service provider Weebly is blocked. So to give everyone a chance to use FPSC at its fullest potential, I decided to make this launcher. Also looking to get a new forum badge.

What Will It Include?

It will include everything that my site has to offer and more. From model packs to guides or tools, etc. So many newbies come around and ask questions about how to use FPSC, but there is not many of us older forum members to share the wealth. With this launcher, my hopes are to aid them in using FPSC by having it all laid in one place.
Before you say, All you have to do is search here on the forum and I say yes, but not good enough. Will there be flaws, yes nobody's perfect.

Can I Have Stuff Added?

Absolutely! If you don't see a model, tool, etc on the launcher, then you can ask to have it added. If the file doesn't exist anymore then it might not be possible to add it. Might come down to remaking it from scratch.

What If I Am One Of The Content Creators And I Don't Want Anyone To Have It Anymore?

While I am sad to hear from a content creator asking to have their content removed, I will remove the content. The files will remain on the server, but locked to anyone but me. Should you be one of the content creators, I asked that you email me and not blast it out. All content on my site and in this launcher are content that were given away for free or release via the store(Official Model Packs).

Last but not least. Currently this is in the beta stages. I welcome crits and bits and all in between. This launcher's end goal is to be an alternative to the forums and websites similar to the asset store window in Unity. For the most part the launcher will be offline except when downloading and at startup. On startup the launcher will look to see if there is an update and update if needed. Currently, this is only working for the version, the program itself will come later in future updates. So for now, the program will need to be downloaded each time until the beta test are complete.

Thank you and Enjoy!

Downloads:

Beta Builds

Beta 0.0.2
Beta 0.0.3
Beta 0.0.6
Beta 0.0.9
Beta 0.1.0
Beta 0.1.1

Alpha Build

Alpha 1.0.0

Auto Updater Downloads
Auto Updater v 0.0.1
Auto Updater v 0.0.2

Required Screenies:

Video:

Attachments

Login to view attachments
xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FPSC Multiplayer Games
Posted: 7th Jun 2020 02:03
Still working fine for me.
Supermarket Killer: I got a bomb here! I'll kill her! I'll blow this whole place up!
Marion Cobretti: Go ahead. I don't shop here.
starmind 001
FPSC Reloaded Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Still working fine for me. "

Good! But I just found that I didn't change all the upgrades urls. I will update the top post with a corrected version, then time to get chocolate wasted!
ncmako
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jun 2020 11:49
Awesome Starmind What a great idea, Works perfectly !!!
And you even have the old v1.0, is that the original one?
** WHERE'S MY eXplosys ? **
starmind 001
FPSC Reloaded Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "old v1.0, is that the original one?"

Yes, straight from the tgc store/source.
And thank you!
seppgirty
FPSC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jun 2020 20:05
cool
gamer, lover, filmmaker
starmind 001
FPSC Reloaded Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "cool"

Thank you!

You might notice that the version has been updated but skips 0.0.4 - 0.0.5. The reason for that is I was trying something that just doesn't work until things are, say more complete.

In the latest update, I have added the official guides and added an options panel. Of course added some music that can be muted and volume controlled. The song is a temp one, maybe I could get Nickydude to make one special. (hint hint)

In the guide panel, I have added a feature that lets you see the file before you download. Most of these file come with fpsc, but it seems that they are often a forgotten resource. I plan to add more guides and tutorials, but it seems that some tutorials are either incomplete(like mine) or they are a forum post. I can link all forum posts, but I am not sure if adding the incomplete one is worth it. Maybe let me know what you all think.

Lastly, I have been asked about making a donation to support this, for that I am grateful. In the next build I will add a donation button. Any donations made will be used solely for this project and if you are donating, I will place you in the credits to make sure you are immortalized.

Thank you!
ncmako
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jun 2020 10:57
V0.0.6 Looks good Starmind. Yes, including the manuals is a nice touch
The music is ok the way it is.... I like it. I was going to suggest a donation button. that's a good/great idea.
I know hosting all this stuff isn't free.
starmind 001
FPSC Reloaded Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "V0.0.6 Looks good Starmind. Yes, including the manuals is a nice touch
The music is ok the way it is.... I like it. I was going to suggest a donation button. that's a good/great idea.
I know hosting all this stuff isn't free."

Thank you!

New update available!!!

What's new?

* Added official model packs 1-30.
* Added a new option to turn off music permanently on load/exit - requested
* Added donation button and donation balance
* Added contact page with disclaimer

Future updates

* Finish adding official model packs
* Add Artist packs
* Add Tools
* Add Games
* Add more Guides and tutorials
* Add Update feature so updates are pushed to users without downloading new build everytime.

What I need

I need a few things from the community. As I was putting together the model pack sections I ran out of model pack previews. I need previews for model packs 24, 26 & 61-77. I was able to find alot of them online, but it seems that the later packs just disappeared. If someone has the time to make some previews for all these packs that would be a great help to me. Just post them here and I will grab them.
Also, as it was mentioned before on the donations, it is not cheap to host these files and to make sure everyone is able to get the content. That is why I only ask to donate what you think all this content is worth for me to continue hosting. My current hosting fees are around $80 a month on my website about 70gb worth of data. Problem is I have more stuff to share than what is even on my site. I have upgrade my current 75gb to 100gb storage to give all of you more content.

What does that mean? Well, it means that I have been working on a secret project to be released later this year. This will include a tutorial series on how to make pretty much everything in the secret project. Like a newbie to pro tutorial series. Depending on donations, I may release it for free or a one time fee.

Thank you all for your support and enjoy!
starmind 001
FPSC Reloaded Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jun 2020 08:03 Edited at: 12th Jun 2020 08:04
Small but relevant update today. Added an auto update feature, so it only has to be downloaded once. This should help those that don't want to download the betas every time I update the launcher. This automatically checks for a newer version on load, downloads if newer, if not allows the user to continue. Now if you want to not use the auto update, just look into the folder and you should see a folder named "Build", inside is the main exe for the launcher. Should you want to.

This auto updater can be placed anywhere in your file system, but you might want to keep it in the folder I provide and shortcut it from there. Both programs can be shortcuted if needed, but the build needs to stay where it is or the updater doesn't work very well.

Kinda on the sleepy side, so I don't know how much sense I made here. Enjoy the new auto updater!

Download:

Auto Updater v 0.0.1

Attachments

Login to view attachments
ncmako
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jun 2020 22:20
@ Starmind just grabbed V0.0.9 Now this auto updater is a separate program, correct?
starmind 001
FPSC Reloaded Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "@ Starmind just grabbed V0.0.9 Now this auto updater is a separate program, correct?"

The auto updater is a front loader. So if you don't want to download the updates manually each time, the auto updater downloads and updates only when it is needed.
xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jun 2020 00:42 Edited at: 16th Jun 2020 01:04
I really like the "preview image" idea but the images are really small. Any way they can be made larger?
I didn't know that model packs 8-9-10 had been released??? And others.
Some model pack links are linked to the program folder.

What version of .NET is the Updater built on. It tells me I need to install a newer version? I have 4.8 Installed.
Supermarket Killer: I got a bomb here! I'll kill her! I'll blow this whole place up!
starmind 001
FPSC Reloaded Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: " the images are really small. Any way they can be made larger?"

I could make them larger. I will look into it.

Quote: "I didn't know that model packs 8-9-10 had been released??? And others."

When I started my website hosting, I downloaded all the packs from github, but when I just checked it seems some packs were removed. Not sure what happened there.

Quote: "Some model pack links are linked to the program folder."

Yes, right now some links are not linked yet. Should be packs after 31 and later that are not working.

Quote: "What version of .NET"

.NET core 3.1
xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jun 2020 12:54
Quote: ".NET core 3.1"

I think (therefore I am) that the minimum .NET version for Windows 10 is 3.5? Not sure, but it doesn't want to run.
starmind 001
FPSC Reloaded Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jun 2020 21:16 Edited at: 16th Jun 2020 21:20
.NET core is different than .NET

From Microsoft: Download .NET core

(source of explanation)
Quote: "Unlike .NET Framework, .NET Core is both open source and cross-platform. It further comes with several new features to simplify development and testing of desktop, web, cloud, and mobile applications. Also, it allows developers to deploy the applications in a number of ways. But .NET Core does not support all features and functionalities of .NET Framework. Hence, it becomes essential for developers to understand the major differences between .NET Framework and .NET Core before switching to the most recent version of the popular software framework."

Quote: " .NET Framework enabled developers to build applications for a single platform — Windows. But .NET Core is cross-platform, and supports three distinct operating systems — Windows, OS X, and Linux. The compatibility makes it easier for developers to build cross-platform applications, and port their existing applications from one platform to another."
ncmako
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jun 2020 21:33
@ Starmind Thanks you for the launcher. I will be making a donation this weekend I hope it works smoothly.
Thanks for hosting all these files. I do hope others who use this will also contribute
xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jun 2020 23:25 Edited at: 16th Jun 2020 23:27
Thanks for the explanation.
Not sure why you're building this as a cross platform app when FPSC only runs in Windows?
I'll wait until Microsoft adds .net core to it's regular updates. I have enough issues with this old computer.
starmind 001
FPSC Reloaded Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Thanks you for the launcher"

Quote: "Thanks for the explanation."

One is glad to be of service.

Quote: "Not sure why you're building this as a cross platform app when FPSC only runs in Windows?"

Most of what I do professionally is cross platform, so just habit now.

Quote: " I have enough issues with this old computer."

Well, my friend, I would say use the launcher without the auto updater. I will keep things up to date. I will try to make something internal to alert to new updates.
TMoney Moterbike Dude
Years of Service
User Offline
Looks nice. Downloading now for future use
Logo by The Next
starmind 001
FPSC Reloaded Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Looks nice. Downloading now for future use"

Thank you!

New update!!!

* Added all official packs
* Added new larger preview image for packs(Requested by xplosys)

Things to finish on official packs.

* Add preview images for packs without available images

One last thing to add, Thank you for the recent donations!
starmind 001
FPSC Reloaded Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
New Update!!!

I am trying to get this finished as fast as I can. Here lately, I have been having alot of distractions that have been preventing me from working on this. With that being said I have been able to add alot to this current update. I would strongly suggest using the auto launcher as it will be the fastest way to get the updates almost as fast as I check a build.

So, What's New!?

* Added all Official pack images
* Added all Community packs ( Entity & segment packs)
* Added preview images for community packs
* Added new a new layout for both preview and pack selection

What's Left to Add??

Things I need to add are based on how I have it laid out in code and what is currently ready. I have found that, for example, Cosmic had several single model packs and some errors. To fix that I combined those single models into one Cosmic Collection. Same for Doomster and Henry Ham. The tutorials are something else. They are all over the place in the forums. I will do a combination for what I can or make new ones.

* Need to add mods
* Need to add tutorials
* Need to add tools
* Need to add games
* Need to add old timer support
xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jul 2020 03:29 Edited at: 1st Jul 2020 03:30
Quote: "Need to add old timer support"

What is that?
starmind 001
FPSC Reloaded Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "What is that?"

Lol a way to allow older systems to use the auto launcher or make a version specific.
starmind 001
FPSC Reloaded Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
I had some time today, so I added .net to the auto launcher. This should work on x86 with .net and should also work with the current platforms. It works great for me, but need someone to do a test and see(Xplosys?). Also added a new background image made by 5weet on discord.
xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jul 2020 16:57
For a minute there I thought you meant for old people (like me)

Still get the same message...

I am 64bit Windows 10
starmind 001
FPSC Reloaded Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Still get the same message..."

Well...... @#%^$ I guess I will have to start from scratch again. Funny all my computers and laptops (except 1 runs windows 7) run windows 10 64bit and they have both net core and net, I wonder why your does not. Maybe its a visual studio thing. Idk, something I will have to look into.
Pvt.Dan
Years of Service
User Offline
Very great, this is
Medal of Honor
xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jul 2020 22:34
Quote: "Maybe its a visual studio thing. Idk, something I will have to look into."

I use VisualStudio 2015 and 2017. Maybe it's included in 2019?
ncmako
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jul 2020 21:29
@Starmind The new build V0.1.1 seem better than before Thanks, this is looking really good now.
Donation made
Awesome_Pi_Guy
Years of Service
User Offline
Can someone plz tell me how to upload code snipets?
starmind 001
FPSC Reloaded Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Aug 2020 02:24 Edited at: 5th Aug 2020 02:29
Quote: "@Starmind The new build V0.1.1 seem better than before Thanks, this is looking really good now.
Donation made "

Thank you!

Quote: "Can someone plz tell me how to upload code snipets?"

When you make your post look for the box that says " Code "
starmind 001
FPSC Reloaded Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Today I am releasing the final media launcher or alpha build of my media launcher!!! It has been a long road trying to make different updaters, visuals and all that jazz for this project. In the end I have decided to just have one program that if an update does come along it will be here to be downloaded again.

So there are some new features and some removals.

* A password feature - this will restrict certain files from being downloaded that have been requested for removal or are incomplete
* Added tool section with tools
* Added script section with scripts
* Added new visuals - error popups, backgrounds and author removal request popups
* Cleaned up unused and/or bad code

What needs are left??

* Games need screenies
* Tools need descriptions and screenies
* Scripts need descriptions and screenies
* Community packs need screenies

Now screenies will take sometime to make, so I don't plan on making another update for awhile.

I do wish to say, thank you to those that have given your support both financially and critically. Without it, I would have just let all these packs just go away. Now that this has been made, I can let my website drift away, as there is no purpose for it now.

Thank you!
Starmind

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-18 17:34:43
Your offset time is: 2024-04-18 17:34:43