Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Geek Culture / botnet detection?

Author
DBPro Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Sep 2020 20:25
Anyone know of freeware tools for detecting/removing botnets? I used malwarebytes but not sure if that would pickup such things. We got a letter in the mail from the cable company stating a botnet was detecting originating from our location. I'm pretty certain it's not my computer, unless they picked something up on my government laptop, but there are two teenagers in the house with laptops too.
Tiled TMX Importer V.2
XML Parser V.2
Base64 Encoder/Decoder
Purple Token - Free online hi-score database
Legend of Zelda

"I like offending people, because I think people who get offended should be offended." - Linus Torvalds
Ortu
DBPro Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Sep 2020 04:47
malwarebytes is pretty good, but something like wireshark or even just windows resource monitor - network tab should show if you have a high amount of unknown or unexpected internet traffic.
http://games.joshkirklin.com/sulium

A single player RPG featuring a branching, player driven storyline of meaningful choices and multiple endings alongside challenging active combat and intelligent AI.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 04:46:34
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 04:46:34