Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Geek Culture / Reset password should reset login attempt!

Author
User Banned
Posted: 4th Dec 2020 16:24 Edited at: 4th Dec 2020 16:24
For whatever reason, I've been logged out of the forum on all my browsers today. Wouldn't accept the password I've used for oh I don't know, like 20 years! So I reset the password but it still makes me wait an hour before I can even login? (posting through gmail account right now) I think resetting your password should allow you to login immediately after doing so.

ps. Just realized how my name displays, lol.... this is phaelax.
Virtual Nomad
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Dec 2020 20:07 Edited at: 4th Dec 2020 20:11
i saw this alt earlier today and noted this old thread which included: Phaelax, "You can delete that one for all I care".

can you still log in on your main? i'm surprised this alt wasn't deleted back then.

meanwhile, you'll get better help with this kind of thing using the ? button, lower-right @ https://www.thegamecreators.com/
[My Itch.io Home] [Now Playing]
[AGK Resource Directory] [TGC @ GitHub]
[CODE lang=AGK] YOUR CODE HERE [/CODE]
[VIDEO=youtube] VIDEO ID [/VIDEO]
[Google Forum Search]
The Next
Web Engineer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Dec 2020 20:52
@phaelax

We don't have a delay on login after resetting your password, the system will allow you to login immediately. If you are having issues I would suggest clearing your cookies for the following domains; thegamecreators.com, game-guru.com, appgamekit.com, sso.thegamecreators.com

That will reset everything and hopefully fix the issue. If you are still having issues contact customer support and they can help we can't help directly with account issues via the forums.
Windows 10, Intel i7 4.2 GHz, 16GB DDR4, NVIDIA RTX 2060

Phaelax
DBPro Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Dec 2020 17:04
The delay wasn't from resetting the password, it was from failed login attempts. It said I had to wait an hour. I would think it would reset that when you reset the password. I just assumed the last login attempt timestamp is recorded in the DB so I didn't bother with cookies, didn't expect sites still relied on those to enforce policies due to how easy it is to just delete and start over. Doh!

Either way I'm fine now, and yea I'm surprised my google account still existed!
Tiled TMX Importer V.2
XML Parser V.2
Base64 Encoder/Decoder
Purple Token - Free online hi-score database
Legend of Zelda

"I like offending people, because I think people who get offended should be offended." - Linus Torvalds

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 10:28:46
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 10:28:46