Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Which iteration of FPSC do you like the best?

Author
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Apr 2021 21:37
FPSC, FPSC Reloaded/GameGuru, or FPSC X10

I'm doing reviews of game makers/creators and wanted to review FPSC, but would like the FPSC community's input on the best version of it to go with.
Also, if there are certain features or benefits of the version, mention those too so that I can mention them in the review.

If you're interested in the reviews so far (TGC's 3D Gamemaker is one of them), they're here.
LynxJSA's web games/quizzes - LynxJSA's Android apps
AGK Resource Directory
"Stick to a single main loop (DO...LOOP) and loop through it every frame.
Do everything inside functions.
Use finite state machines to control your game.
Use lots and lots of source files.
Use virtual resolution instead of the default percentage system." - Digital Awakening
ScooT9
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Half-Life: WAR
Posted: 22nd Apr 2021 06:07
i'd say classic FPSC, Reloaded/GameGuru is its own beast entirely. FPSCX10 was basically just a mere graphics enhancement over classic, with a couple new features here and there, like ragdolls, dark AI, water, or in game visuals editor.
hi, i'm a random guy who's making random games with random game engines for random reasons

Loktofeit
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Apr 2021 12:10
Wrapping up my current review, so going to dig up my classic FPSC box tomorrow and tackle that for the next one then. TYVM for the info on the different versions, btw!
LynxJSA's web games/quizzes - LynxJSA's Android apps
AGK Resource Directory
"Stick to a single main loop (DO...LOOP) and loop through it every frame.
Do everything inside functions.
Use finite state machines to control your game.
Use lots and lots of source files.
Use virtual resolution instead of the default percentage system." - Digital Awakening

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 12:57:04
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 12:57:04