Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Studio Chat / Properly prep/export multiple OBJs w Blender to be able to load them with LoadObjectWithChildren()

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Good day.

I've got a level with about 200 - 300 objects. I would really benefit from getting AGKs object culling up and running to not draw objects behind me.

Problem is that Blender doesn't have a batch export so how do you go about exporting obj file containing all your level meshes but having them load up as individual meshes to make use of the LoadObjectWithChildren() function?
PartTimeCoder
AGK Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Aug 2021 15:19 Edited at: 20th Aug 2021 15:20
LoadObjectWithChildren() is for animated objects and expects an armature and meshes become child's of the armature.

this issue is somewhat discussed here : https://forum.thegamecreators.com/thread/227776

if you are trying to use blender as your level editor then you are going to have to write an importer.

AGK does not support any kind of "prefab", you could just add a single bone and parent each object to the bone and load it that way, LoadObjectWithChildren will see the bone (armature) as the parent, I am not sure how/if collision stuff would pan out though as AppGameKit is seeing the entire world as a single object and it may mess with default culling etc etc, worth a try though, maybe
Open Source plugins
Cl - DnD Plugin
Pfaber1
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Aug 2021 22:42
colada .dae file works for me
blink0k
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Aug 2021 22:45
PartTimeCoder