Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / [LOCKED] sound-library price went up in one week

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I find it strange how when ever I decide to purchase something the price goes up somehow.

Like a week ago the sounds here

https://www.appgamekit.com/dlc/sound-library

Was a real good deal, but now i get the funds to pay for it the price doubled.

this is the forth time this happened to me.

I give up on buying products from the game creators as there never the same price, they go up and down all the time.

To bad, they would have had another sell today.

I'm creating this post more out of frustration then anything.

Mods, do what you will with it.

Unless some one wants to give me a discount code or something because I find this unfair.

jd_zoo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Nov 2021 18:02
Ouch thats expensive for what you get, I think I got it as part of a bundle discount or something.

Can also check out some online sites like ZapSplat - the ability to use a search engine is nice I'm bad for constantly browsing and never finding anything. Kenney assets are a great deal too IMO.
Virtual Nomad
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Nov 2021 20:00
I like the DLC sound pack and it received a nice update recently, as well. TGC has constant sales (including the recent bundles, the likes of which i've never seen by TGC); it's their way. So, it will be back on sale soon.
PartTimeCoder
AGK Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Nov 2021 21:47
@Game_Code, try Kenny assets, there should be more than you need in there and to be honest its all pretty much the same, a TGC ping-pong is no different to a Kenny ping-pong.. until you can afford it that is, because I agreed with VN it gets some nice updates (and Kenny all .ogg work in AppGameKit unless you recode them ... strange issue that one)

Also, tools rfxgen (made with/by raylib) so you can generate truly royalty free sounds that you own, you could even make and sell your own packs

The prices, well, across the board I see things getting ridiculously expensive (here in the UK anyway) so it would be natural progression, you have to catch those sales when they are there.
Open Source plugins
Cl - DnD Plugin
Buy Me A Coffee
Game_Code_here
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Ouch thats expensive for what you get,"

I know, well, it is more expensive then it was last week lol, like double.

Kenney assets ill look at, thank you.

Quote: "I like the DLC sound pack and it received a nice update recently, as well"

I know, I think I will like it to at the right fair price lol. It is just when I have the funds it is expensive, when I do not it is cheap.

Quote: "try Kenny assets, there should be more than you need in there and to be honest its all pretty much the same"

I'm going over there now, thank you for the heads up guys.
Scraggle
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Nov 2021 12:27
Did the price actually go up?
Or did the discounted sale end?
Game_Code_here
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Or did the discounted sale end?"

What is the difference, I planed on buying it on payday, now I can not buy it. to me there is no difference because I wanted to buy it today for that price, and now I can not buy it at all.

But I was pointed to another place with other sounds.

I was wanting the sounds for the game comp.
Phaelax
DBPro Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Nov 2021 15:55
Quote: "What is the difference, I planed on buying it on payday, "

well sales don't revolve around your pay day. And the whole give me discount because its unfair I have to pay full price sounds a bit childish to me. I paid $50 I think for AppGameKit and it was recently on sale for like $10 with a bunch of other stuff included. I could say, that's unfair, give me the difference back. But realistically, that's just the luck of the draw.
Tiled TMX Importer V.2
XML Parser V.2
Base64 Encoder/Decoder
Purple Token - Free online hi-score database
Legend of Zelda

"I like offending people, because I think people who get offended should be offended." - Linus Torvalds

Game_Code_here
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Nov 2021 16:02 Edited at: 14th Nov 2021 16:03
Quote: "well sales don't revolve around your pay day."

That is no way to run a business depending on your own sales limit and it is not childish to want to buy something for the planned price it was listed for.

I'm not demanding a discount but that would be nice.

I can easily buy my sounds or anything elsewhere .

But it is a burn in my side when every time I get paid every sale is off, and this is every time.

this is why they need to just keep all the prices the same so I can save and plan, but I also have bills to pay and mouths to feed and rent to pay and other stuff.

I wanted to buy this because it was a good sound pack and a good price I could finely afford.

But please do not tell me how to fell, thanks.

with that said, I am planning on buying something else where prices do not change. So the issue has already been dealt with.
Virtual Nomad
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Nov 2021 16:41
Quote: "Mods, do what you will with it."

well, i had decided to leave it open/up but where you've taken this is "unfair" to the rest of us.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 11:24:43
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 11:24:43