Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Geek Culture / NVR options/discussion for home surveillance

Author
DBPro Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th May 2022 18:32
I've used night owl and another brand (i forget) in the past, these use a dedicated NVR system. While they get the job done, they tend to have terrible UIs and in the case of my last it have some features I never managed to get to work right. I have spare computers, so I figured why not make my own NVR. I'm using POE cameras connected to a switch and setup zoneminder on centos7. I find the interface dated in need of improvements. I've also run into performance issues where the application grinds to a hault when I try to set my camera feed to anything about 720p, despite only recording 1 camera at 24-bit (32bit has known issues, but its not needed anyway) and using nvidia hardware acceleration with an i7-3770k.

Today I learned about Shinobi and might give this a try. Was curious if anyone has used it before or if there's any other alternatives I can also take a look at.
Tiled TMX Importer V.2
XML Parser V.2
Base64 Encoder/Decoder
Purple Token - Free online hi-score database
Legend of Zelda

"I like offending people, because I think people who get offended should be offended." - Linus Torvalds

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-26 03:35:07
Your offset time is: 2024-04-26 03:35:07