Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Geek Culture / The Posting Competition Results

Author
DBPro Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Jul 2022 06:48
How Do I Win?
Upon this thread becoming locked, the person with the highest amount of points who did not contribute directly to the locking.

So... it auto locked due to inactivity.

Ignoring how sad that fact alone is, has anyone calculated the points to determine who ultimatly won?
http://games.joshkirklin.com/sulium

A single player RPG featuring a branching, player driven storyline of meaningful choices and multiple endings alongside challenging active combat and intelligent AI.
BMacZero
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Aug 2022 06:53
I randomly browsed back to the forum and noticed this thread. Figured I should probably work this out since I scored the competition for a while!

I can't believe that thing has been around for 15 years, or how much weird stuff I said back then.

I have the final scoreboard here, but perhaps the locking due to inactivity is, in fact, all of our faults (wow, these smilies are nostalgic).

This is scored purely as specified in the OP, ignoring any "side deals" that were made in the "early days"! Points claimed by double-posters are passed to the next distinct poster.

Special thanks to these users for convincing the forum to spit out malformed HTML so I had started stripping out post contents entirely before parsing:
* BMacZero
* Aertic (twice, dramatically)
* HowDo

I published a game!
Virtual Nomad
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Aug 2022 17:58 Edited at: 23rd Aug 2022 18:00

awarded to the winner.

i will NOT be adding 300+ participation badges
BMacZero
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Aug 2022 04:06
Nice, it's official! Thanks for doing that.

I published a game!
Phaelax
DBPro Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Sep 2022 02:58
Quote: "i will NOT be adding 300+ participation badges"

Could probably be easily done with a simple sql script.

I always thought the posting competition was a dumb idea and waste of db resources
Tiled TMX Importer V.2
XML Parser V.2
Base64 Encoder/Decoder
Purple Token - Free online hi-score database
Legend of Zelda
Pixel-Perfect Collision

"I like offending people, because I think people who get offended should be offended." - Linus Torvalds

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-28 18:32:28
Your offset time is: 2024-03-28 18:32:28