Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

DLL Talk / I have unhooked DirectX

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Feb 2005 11:24
Anyone interested In starting a Open_GL project? I'm not good with 3d.

ionstream
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Feb 2005 13:15
An OpenGL TPC? Kinda pointless.

Cryptoman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Feb 2005 13:59
I don't see anything pointless about a community open_gl project. Currenly GL 1.5 can do more then is capable on pro right now, its opensource and 2.0 supports shaders.

If you build your own engine, you aquire knowledge, and the power to access your data.

And why should it be pointless to use a decent opensource Library?

You are obviously a DirectX hugger and are not interested. But I am sure somebody will be interested in a software package they bought being more usable, as it is not dependant on directx9. Or directx at all for that matter. Can be crafted to your needs by writing your own plugins. Every aspect besides the core and the compiler can be customized.

JeBuS
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Feb 2005 15:25
Err, wasn't there already an opengl thing made? Don't see why you'd want to bother though... Just use the SDL library in conjunction with OpenGL and you've basically got the same thing, except with the power of C/C++ and the added bonus of portability.

High quality models and graphics, low prices. Graphics for the rest of us.
Cryptoman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Feb 2005 16:44 Edited at: 23rd Feb 2005 16:45
I never seen anything but squirelly lines come from mx7, and his website hasn't been update in 8 months, but however I never got to prestons website to check his work.

However, there must have not been anything come of the "thing" you speak of, as you sound bitter towards it.

JeBuS
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Feb 2005 04:13
I used 'thing' because it's not your ordinary, run of the mill TPC. It would actively replace those already included as DBP runtime libraries. I'm not at all bitter towards it. I've never used it, never even looked into it. I just remember it being around not so long ago. But, my main point is, if you want to use OpenGL with an 'easy' programming library, try SDL at http://libsdl.org

High quality models and graphics, low prices. Graphics for the rest of us.
MX7
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "I never seen anything but squirelly lines come from mx7"

Neither have I.

Quote: "and his website hasn't been update in 8 months"

Update:
Cryptoman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Feb 2005 09:29
Well isn't that just a funny picture picture.

Yeppers, most of us have real jobs.

Job=something we do for society in return for credits.

The amount a credits we get directly corresponds to what society thinks are lives are worth to them.

If you do something with your life that everyone can do, then you are worth minimum wage. Do something nobody else can do then you name your credits worth.

Anyway, your lines with the fake d3d9.dll proved one step closer to cross platform. My way is another step closer and it runs in wine.

MX7
Years of Service
User Offline
My way is squirrel-friendly and biodegradable.
Eric T
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Feb 2005 12:41 Edited at: 25th Feb 2005 14:19
Quote: "My way is another step closer and it runs in wine."

Not trying to be insulting in anyway, just very curious as to what your "way" is?

Edit: Reading the DBP chat thread now, i feel like an ass for not seeing that before

"We were somewhere around Barstow on the edge of the desert when the drugs began to take hold..."
- From Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas by Hunter S Thompson (1937-2005)

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-27 04:37:50
Your offset time is: 2024-04-27 04:37:50