Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

DLL Talk / Making an IDE with BlueGui...

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Apr 2005 07:30
Hi everyone,
Would it be possible to make a DBPro IDE using DBPro and BlueGUI? I want to start on one but I won't bother if its not possible. I want to include features such as syntax highlighting. F1 command help, media browser, customiseable (fonts colours ect) and much more what I can't think of at the moment.
Thanks in advance

MetalMackey
Cryptoman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Apr 2005 23:59
Why yes, although, it would be easier to use scintilla for you edit control, as it is made for Editor highlighting. It is what I used in mine and works very well.
Then use your blue for the rest.

I didn't use Blue, just api and scintilla, as I can't see myself paying for something I can access myself.

Rob K
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Apr 2005 01:19
Yes it probably would be possible, but I don't recommend it for two reasons:

1) DBPro's string handling and file I/O commands are not particularly fast or complete. Since these are both core requirements of an editor, the end result is likely to be sluggish.

2) BlueGUI doesn't have any gadgets for syntax highlighting. If you used a development language like C++, C# or Visual Basic you could probably find a pre-made component which will do syntax highlighting for you.

BlueGUI Windows Plugin
Jase
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Apr 2005 05:00
Can and how do I use scintilla in SBPro?
Thanks

MetalMackey
1tg46
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Apr 2005 03:30
I started, (but never finsihed) a dark basic professional version of DarkBASIC Network IDE. If you go to the DarkBASIC Network thread in the Team Request forum you will see what I had so far. Then you could just modify it to use scintilla.

Click sig for DB Network X
IanG
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Apr 2005 05:39
Quote: " Can and how do I use scintilla in SBPro?"

it wouldnt be easy

Used to be Phoenix_insane registered in september 2003 despite what the date says to the left <--
PC - amd athlon 2.0ghz, 512mb, GeForce FX 5200 128mb, 200gb, xp pro sp2
Cryptoman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Apr 2005 11:14
Here is some setup code for scintilla after you got it created and sitting in a window. I wrote my own highlight parser and you just do SendMessage API calls to scintilla. Its fairly simple really.

What colorref does is take a rgb value and make a windows color dword. I'm willing to share more of how to use scintilla, just not my entire editor code.

Jase
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Apr 2005 11:54
Thanks Terd Monkey, that dll stuff is a bit too much for me at the moment. I think i'll stick to my game for now and let others do the IDEs.

MetalMackey

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-25 16:13:28
Your offset time is: 2024-04-25 16:13:28