Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / [LOCKED] ANN: FPSPack 1.0 Released

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Oct 2005 07:40
@ Merranvo, you confirmed my point.

@ FernandoK, your right. Back on topic.

In other news:

1280x1024 and 1600x1200 has added to the upcoming settings menu in 1.5 version. Options for Multiplayer are being looked at, but may not be introduced until v. 1.6. More screenshot will follow shortly.
RastaMan
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Oct 2005 07:43
Oh, and btw, relitivly is spelled relatively.
Mr Love
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: MAFIA 2
Posted: 1st Oct 2005 10:37
Hmmmmmm......mmmmmmmmm! Well, if loadgame & savegame is included I wourld propably buy it...

Mr Love

Dont trust anyone...
Mr Love
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Oct 2005 10:58
If it has Load/Savegame I wourld think about it. Looks very Professional!

Mr Love

Dont trust anyone...
Mr Love
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Oct 2005 11:00
Whith Savegame I wourld propably buy it...
Good Job!

Mr Love

Dont trust anyone...
Anlino
Years of Service
User Offline
Hummhum, Edit-knappen sitter nere i vänstra hörnet, Mr Love...
The Nerd
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Oct 2005 11:26
Quote: " Hummhum, Edit-knappen sitter nere i vänstra hörnet, Mr Love..."

Yeah that's right If you really wanna say that if it has save/load then you would probably buy it 3 times in a row, then as Anlino says. Use the edit button.

PanzerGameshere
Free Particle Engine For dbpro :
here
Anlino
Years of Service
User Offline
Oh yeah Was puzzled there for a while, The Nerd, until i remebered that you are from denmark. Scandinavians alike, right?
The Nerd
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Oct 2005 15:25
Yeah i'm from Denmark

Jeg kan godt lide DarkBasic Pro!
hehe.

Nå. Lad os prøve at lade være med at stjæle Rastaman's thread

Oh, and RastaMan. What i just said is that we should try not to steal your thread
So back on-topic.

PanzerGameshere
here
Evil stick
Years of Service
User Offline
Well, I have a little trouble shooting lesson for you.
If you can't run the program because of a premossions error, and you firewall is saying there is a vrus, turn off your virus scanner to run the program.

I ALWAYS wear my flame proof jacket.......just in case.
Evil stick
Years of Service
User Offline
so, it works, and I must say it's good.

I ALWAYS wear my flame proof jacket.......just in case.
Merranvo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Oct 2005 21:34
@RastaMan:
Let me do a little math
$10x100people = $1000...

What did you do to deserve $1000? I have no problem against you selling software, but until you have enough code to receive that amount, you really are just scamming everyone else. If there is actually any work involved (besides 120 if thens) then you have a right to sell high, but until then your just being M$.

Merranvo, taking over the net, one forum at a time.

"ye oft de adopte early shalt move mountains, and be gods among men"
The Nerd
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Oct 2005 21:50
@Merranvo:

It's not always about how much code you got. It can also involve how much you have worked on it. Say that you have fighted through many problems in months to get the final product. Then you're proud. That can also have something to do with selling. Of course the software need to be useable. Simple programs can be really usefull you know. I do not "attack" you in any way Merranvo I just say my personal opinion.

PanzerGameshere
here
Merranvo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Oct 2005 22:00
I know that The Nerd, but I also know that in the DBP boards, something like this would be knocked down realitivly quickly. Those guys are HARSH. They will destroy your project piece by piece and then come back at you for a rebuttle. Heck, there was a simple team request thread in GENERAL (and WIP) that had a exe of a guy walking around... just look at what RPGamer did to it. They are a little too harsh in the DBP boards, but it is for everyone elses' own protection. The problem is that a lot of the youngers are here. I guess I am being protective of them.

The Nerd
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Oct 2005 22:45
I see Yeah okay. The youngers need protection from stupid programs (Rastaman i don't call your program stupid in any way!). But they also need to know what to buy and what not to buy

PanzerGameshere
here
RastaMan
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Oct 2005 00:52
It has become apparent that discussions for FPSPack can no longer be properly discussed here.

It's pointless to continue posting FPSPacks progress, suggestions and feedback here when constant 'childish' attacks take place and go unmoderated. There is a difference between constructive views, and just pure product slander. A trial version has been available since its release, which allows users to download, use it, and decide for themselves. "But they also need to know what to buy and what not to buy". Who gets the right to tell users what to buy and not to buy? Again, a trial version is available, they can judge for themselves.

Merranvo seems to have an illusion of users being forced to 'buy' a product. Honestly I think he is simply mad because it's not free, and he didn't develop it himself. All his motivations against FPSPack, why not write his own? Also he claims to be 'protective'. Protective of users paying $10.00 for an application they tried, liked, and it works for them? I don't think so. Users can decide this for themselves.

FPSPack is a professionally written program with much time dedicated to it. I am pleased to see that users found it to be a useful tool.

FPSPack will be professionally supported and discussed at the RastaWorld.com forums:

http://www.rastaworld.com

Bring your comments, feedbacks, and suggestions. Any discussions about FPSPack will be welcome, except, as I mentioned above, pure slander of the product. Thx!
Merranvo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Oct 2005 01:18
or you just can't read.

You wanna tangle. Fine. I typically don't use GUI languages, but I have access to VB, I'll see what I can do.

The truth is that you are M$ (means Microsoft) they dominate the market, and then up the prices. People WILL buy because there is no competition, and they all want it.

You are making $1000 over a project that you spent very little time on. And that is not right, stop being a tyrant.

Merranvo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Oct 2005 03:39
Rasta... I would like to thank you for your enlightening post on my fourm. I am not gonna ban you, and I encourage you to continue to vent your frustration at me. Here... vent away, I would like to know what lies within.

Merranvo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Oct 2005 06:19
*Total Game Content Protection
or (Big Words to Make You Want Something)

*Play AVI, DIVX, or MPEG for splash screen.
video=$0
sound=$0

kinda redundant

Merranvo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Oct 2005 06:49
and If I had a Gui Based language, I would, but I may yet make a dos version...

tschwarz
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Oct 2005 12:26
Merranvo - you are actually taken the road of M$, you know, find a product someone else has worked to research, write and start marketing. If it looks like it has potential M$ comes in and rewrites it under M$. If they can't get away with just doing that then they buy the company when hit with a lawsuit.

Also there is a lot worse going on in this forum, someone is going to write an installer for a set of entities..which requires username and a passphase before you can install. Pretty useless and a lot of extra work for a 4$ dollar package. You need to check that out and give advise.

Merranvo - why don't you put some energy into creating a script pack with a small script starter manual. With a Price tag of $4:00 $5:00 you would probably do quite good. There have been dozens of script requests. And the best thing is no one has done it yet. Key word is yet.

RastaMan - Has found a niche, not perfect yet, but purchase it and get all the upgrades for no extra charge, plus he will support it. That makes in worth the 10.00

SO far I have seen 3 great packs from monster 3.99 ea
Stevie from arteria-gaming.com - great original music packs
RastaMan with his FPSCPack is truly developing a great add on.

someone is going to do some skybox packs.
and someone else is releasing a fence pack.

AND..TGC is releasing the game engine source.

We have had this product for almost a year, I can't believe there is only three companies creating commercial products directly for FPCS. You guys are missing the boat here.

Trust me, There will be more add-ons, books etc.. for FPSC
So focus your energy in a good way, you all have some knowledge to create something marketable.

Merranvo - do the community a favor, create a script pack
and sell it for a resonabe price. And if you hate the money
donate it to charity

Cheers
Jess T
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Oct 2005 16:13
Alright, this has degraded into petty bickering.

On request of the author, I will lock this thread.

However, before I do;
Merranvo had ( and still does ) a very valid original point - When FPSC is run, all media is extracted to the temp folder anyway. But, that doesn't stop this pack from being a nifty little loader for FPSC games.

All of what tschwarz just said is true. Get to creating, people!

Also, Merranvo is no newbie, or script kiddie. So please do not impose judgement upon him. Having said that, Merranvo should not be imposing judgement on you about trying to take peoples money.

Anyhoo. Enough of this.

Locked.

Team EOD :: All-Round Nice Guy
Want Better dbHelp Files?

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-07-08 22:32:59
Your offset time is: 2024-07-08 22:32:59